• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Withdrawal question(s) (oxycodone & methadone)

Just hoping for some “new” advice that I would find helpful I guess. Doesn’t matter too much now that I’m down to my last 2 nights now and then I’ll be golden again. I just took a ton of gabapentin even though I’m still not sure why, but I feel like it does something, and I’ve been drinking as much kratom extract as I can stomach (it makes me gag something fierce, I’d take a dick tickling my throat over swallowing kratom extract any day of the week, but that wouldn’t solve the wd. Haha) 🦄

For anyone that cares I made it. Bitch that was tough. I’ve decided to let my partner hold my script this time around and give them to me in a way I laid out day by day so I can’t over dip. I mean I get 5x 30mg oxycodone a day and 20mg of methadone, I need to chill out and not take more than that just bc I have a test, or a paper to write and take less the next bc that’s how I fuck myself. I never end up taking less the next day. And fucking myself without an OF account isn’t nearly as fun or sexy as it sounds in this instance.

I find doxylamine to work better to sleep during opioid withdrawal than benadryl (which also makes my rls worse)

On the original question, if you are not trying to quit long term and just get to next rx fill, and youve already tried kratom and loperamide, the other option that comes to mind is poppy seed tea. I do this in a 2L soda jug. fill it about 60% with seeds and the rest with warm but not hot water. keep it in there for 20 minutes with intermittent vigorous shaking. You can add a bit of vinegar or alcohol to help the extraction but this makes the final product harder to stomach so keep that in mind. The opiates on the seeds should be enough to keep wd at bay. It is in my experience.

Personally, I think kratom is easier and cheaper than poppy seeds but with the seeds you get some morphine which is a full agonist so if your dependence is severe, I can see seeds working better. You may have to shop around to find the best ones, I find the real canadian superstore brand to be the best but I guess that doesn't help you in arizona.

You're probably back on your meds by now, but good to keep in mind if this ever happens again.

Last edited:
I find doxylamine to work better to sleep during opioid withdrawal than benadryl (which also makes my rls worse)

On the original question, if you are not trying to quit long term and just get to next rx fill, and youve already tried kratom and loperamide, the other option that comes to mind is poppy seed tea. I do this in a 2L soda jug. fill it about 60% with warm but not hot water. keep it in there for 20 minutes with intermittent vigorous shaking. You can add a bit of vinegar or alcohol to help the extraction but this makes the final product harder to stomach so keep that in mind. The opiates on the seeds should be enough to keep wd at bay. It is in my experience.

Personally, I think kratom is easier and cheaper than poppy seeds but with the seeds you get some morphine which is a full agonist so if your dependence is severe, I can see seeds working better. You may have to shop around to find the best ones, I find the real canadian superstore brand to be the best but I guess that doesn't help you in arizona.

You're probably back on your meds by now, but good to keep in mind if this ever happens again.
I’ve never been able to find unwashed poppy seeds. I tried Amazon and everyone comments that they’re washed so I didn’t bother. I wish I could find them to try tea.

Yeah I find any seeds will work, at least somewhat. But you need a lot. like a kilo. Maybe regulations are more strict in the US? I don't know.

Yeah I've had that happen, but generally I find the high very sedating. Normally opiates give me energy, but not poppy seed tea sometimes I'll drink it and sleep for 12 hours. It lasts a long time too!

Last edited:
Any suggestions for OTC (United States) ways to deal with opiate withdrawal? I’m really struggling with the runny nose, restless leg and not sleeping. I’m taking kratom and it helps a tiny bit, but I still can not sleep or get my nose to stop running and I keep getting cold sweats. Any suggestions besides loperamide and kratom? Getting desperate here.
Firstly, make sure you are super hydrated. A lot of these medications will actually dry you out since they are trying to combat runny nose, eyes etc. OTC drugstore products that worked for me was Benadryl, Claritin but the best was Advil/Tylenol-flu and cold - all the night versions.

If you have access to a doctor, try requesting clonidine, gabapentin and trazedone. None are addictive so they are quite easy to get prescribed.

clondine is technically a high blood pressure med but it’s used widely in detox. I guess when we’re sweating and watery it’s because our blood pressure is higher than usual. This med really dries you out but it stopped my nose, eyes, sneezing and also helped me sleep. Gabapentin helps with restlessness and trazedone with sleeping. All 3 in conjunction took away a LOT of the pain I was in.

hot baths, massages and diet will help too.