• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Withdrawal question(s) (oxycodone & methadone)

FinKarma

Bluelighter
Any suggestions for OTC (United States) ways to deal with opiate withdrawal? I’m really struggling with the runny nose, restless leg and not sleeping. I’m taking kratom and it helps a tiny bit, but I still can not sleep or get my nose to stop running and I keep getting cold sweats. Any suggestions besides loperamide and kratom? Getting desperate here.

Claritin for daytime runny nose
Benadryl at night for runny nose and sleeplessness ( although you have a bit of a Benadryl hangover the next day).
For the restless legs I had in withdrawals I would always wear cotton sweats or lounge pants and wear socks. It seemed if like if I did that it helped a lot...also tucking blankets or comforters between my legs helped.
I also downloaded some Bible audiobooks off Amazon audible ( by Dr. Bill Creasy?) and that seemed to help a bunch with sleep and restlessness.

hope that helps

Claritin for daytime runny nose
Benadryl at night for runny nose and sleeplessness ( although you have a bit of a Benadryl hangover the next day).
For the restless legs I had in withdrawals I would always wear cotton sweats or lounge pants and wear socks. It seemed if like if I did that it helped a lot...also tucking blankets or comforters between my legs helped.
I also downloaded some Bible audiobooks off Amazon audible ( by Dr. Bill Creasy?) and that seemed to help a bunch with sleep and restlessness.

hope that helps
Appreciate it. Yeah I’ve got two Benadryl I’m going to try tonight, from what I recall they just made me loopy and still awake last time I tried them. Haha. I have terrible luck with the stuff that’s supposed to “help.” Like kratom gives me horrible stomach cramps above 5grams in a 24 hour period, only opms liquid gets me a decent dose without stomach pains, but for $20 a bottle I might as well be trying to find Oxy or dope. Trying to make it until my next prescription right now after a really tough month. I shared a few too many of mine and ate too many myself on top of it and now have 7 days of nothing.

I wear compression leggings during sleep. Works decent for RLS. No answers for cold and hot. Just take it. Laugh at it how funny it is. And tell yourself it’s your body healing. The only easy day was yesterday. Embrace the suck and everything will seem so much better. The blue sky, the sunshine, a good laugh. Think of it as a war. And each battle/win you get closer to winning the war. Find the good in everything. Legs are kicking, good at least you don’t have a headache. Anxiety thru the roof, good you have a heartbeat. Find the good in everything and just laugh at the pain. You’re doing 99% no one else can do. You’re stronger than a Navy Seal. Keep your world small and focus on the task at hand.

I wear compression leggings during sleep. Works decent for RLS. No answers for cold and hot. Just take it. Laugh at it how funny it is. And tell yourself it’s your body healing. The only easy day was yesterday. Embrace the suck and everything will seem so much better. The blue sky, the sunshine, a good laugh. Think of it as a war. And each battle/win you get closer to winning the war. Find the good in everything. Legs are kicking, good at least you don’t have a headache. Anxiety thru the roof, good you have a heartbeat. Find the good in everything and just laugh at the pain. You’re doing 99% no one else can do. You’re stronger than a Navy Seal. Keep your world small and focus on the task at hand.

Depending on your mentality, this is excellent advice. If you have a low level of consciousness this post may piss you off but it’s entirely true.

I won’t tell you you can just positively think your way out of methadone withdrawal, cause trust me I would I’m going through it right now 110 mg 3 weeks ago. As well as a fentanyl habit. I did a subutex taper and have been about 4-5 days off like you.

But if you can embrace and accept the fight and recognize this is temporary, it’s really the only way to make it through.

Does that mean 24 hours a day you’re smiling? No fuck no it doesn’t. But it means you comprehend why this is happening and accept it won’t be forever. One day, one hour, one minute, or even one second you stay off the shit you are that much closer to the other side.

And trust me I’ve counted seconds before detoxing. But I’ve made it through so far to tell my story on the other side of the worst habits I never imagined myself possibly getting into.

Like sticking 3 CC needles full of oral methadone syrup into my veins. Multiple times a day.

Stay strong.

The gold standard for opiate withdrawal is 4 prescription medications.

Clonidine
Hydrozxyine
Gabapentin
(Low dose, controlled benzos as needed) *should be controlled by a third party

Any doctor with a brain if you told him the scenario would likely write you a script for the first 3. Benzos are a bit harder to obtain but if you have a dr you are close with it can help.

Imodium can help with diaherra but it’s a weak opiate so 2-4 mg a day for a bit can be helpful.

Okiller. When you did the sub taper for fent what did your schedule look like? And after the 5 days of sub taper what can I expect afterwards? Am I gonna go crazy again kicking once the subs are done? Any advice will help. I’m just doing 2,2,1,1.5. It’s sucks but I’m getting some sleep so I’m happy with that. For some reason I have the energy this time. I’m not winded. But I’ve been megadose vitamin C too. Actually works on cravings. Something to do with endorphins. I’m wearing 3 coats all day and crying every hour but that’s normal. It’s just like a bad break up. You become obsessed with it but as time goes on and you get away from her/him it gets easier. I said it before. We’re doing something 99% of people can’t do. Day 3 begins. Get some.

Depending on your mentality, this is excellent advice. If you have a low level of consciousness this post may piss you off but it’s entirely true.

I won’t tell you you can just positively think your way out of methadone withdrawal, cause trust me I would I’m going through it right now 110 mg 3 weeks ago. As well as a fentanyl habit. I did a subutex taper and have been about 4-5 days off like you.

But if you can embrace and accept the fight and recognize this is temporary, it’s really the only way to make it through.

Does that mean 24 hours a day you’re smiling? No fuck no it doesn’t. But it means you comprehend why this is happening and accept it won’t be forever. One day, one hour, one minute, or even one second you stay off the shit you are that much closer to the other side.

And trust me I’ve counted seconds before detoxing. But I’ve made it through so far to tell my story on the other side of the worst habits I never imagined myself possibly getting into.

Like sticking 3 CC needles full of oral methadone syrup into my veins. Multiple times a day.

Stay strong.

The gold standard for opiate withdrawal is 4 prescription medications.

Clonidine
Hydrozxyine
Gabapentin
(Low dose, controlled benzos as needed) *should be controlled by a third party

Any doctor with a brain if you told him the scenario would likely write you a script for the first 3. Benzos are a bit harder to obtain but if you have a dr you are close with it can help.

Imodium can help with diaherra but it’s a weak opiate so 2-4 mg a day for a bit can be helpful.
I wish I could go to a doctor for that stuff but I’m still prescribed the opiates bc I do have actual pain. I just fucked up and took too many and gave too many away to my girl bc the docs out here suck with prescribing meds and she broke her foot.

Okiller. When you did the sub taper for fent what did your schedule look like? And after the 5 days of sub taper what can I expect afterwards? Am I gonna go crazy again kicking once the subs are done? Any advice will help. I’m just doing 2,2,1,1.5. It’s sucks but I’m getting some sleep so I’m happy with that. For some reason I have the energy this time. I’m not winded. But I’ve been megadose vitamin C too. Actually works on cravings. Something to do with endorphins. I’m wearing 3 coats all day and crying every hour but that’s normal. It’s just like a bad break up. You become obsessed with it but as time goes on and you get away from her/him it gets easier. I said it before. We’re doing something 99% of people can’t do. Day 3 begins. Get some.

I went to a detox in Colorado.

I was kicking 110 mg methadone and fentanyl IV habit, along with sporadic large benzo dose binges.

100 hours after my last dose they micro dosed me 1 mg up to 20 mg within 24 hours. 1 mg, an hour later 2 mg. When they gave me 2 mg I got slight precipitated withdrawal, only lasted an hour.

They would have done my taper slower but I came in high as fuck

In 10 days they tapered me from 20 mg to 16 12 10 6 4 2 1 .5 then .5 the day I left.

That was 5 days ago and they told me I wouldn’t withdrawal.

Maybe if it was just fentanyl lol I’m sick as a fucking dog right now.

But not 110 mg methadone and fentanyl cold turkey sick. I’d probably die from that honestly

— your taper will be different cause no methadone but you can do it if I can kick
This shit - fentanyl has a short half life so after a 2 week taper you might be good as new. I’d wait 72 hours to sub though on fent or you may jump off the roof

I went to a detox in Colorado.

I was kicking 110 mg methadone and fentanyl IV habit, along with sporadic large benzo dose binges.

100 hours after my last dose they micro dosed me 1 mg up to 20 mg within 24 hours. 1 mg, an hour later 2 mg. When they gave me 2 mg I got slight precipitated withdrawal, only lasted an hour.

They would have done my taper slower but I came in high as fuck

In 10 days they tapered me from 20 mg to 16 12 10 6 4 2 1 .5 then .5 the day I left.

That was 5 days ago and they told me I wouldn’t withdrawal.

Maybe if it was just fentanyl lol I’m sick as a fucking dog right now.

But not 110 mg methadone and fentanyl cold turkey sick. I’d probably die from that honestly

— your taper will be different cause no methadone but you can do it if I can kick
This shit - fentanyl has a short half life so after a 2 week taper you might be good as new. I’d wait 72 hours to sub though on fent or you may jump off the roof
It wasn’t fent I’m sure of it. Thank god. Just a straight old school 30 oxy script. But it doesn’t matter. Oxy or fent last longer than H. It’s one of the biggest scams in USA history. I could kick percs and vics no problem. Oxy takes your soul and your wallet. It’s gonna be a battle. I refuse to use H or go MAT. I just think of it as a penny jar. Every penny I took out, I have to put the penny back in. I just hope I’m not delaying the detox using the 2,2,1,1.5 taper. Depression is brutal right now. Anxiety thru the roof but no aches for some reason. Pissing out my number 2. I’m actually excited though. Putting this behind me. Excited for the challenges of sobriety. Once you do it, you have an edge over most. You’ve seen hell more than once. My wife just asked me what I feel like. I told her it’s like how you felt when your best friend died in the car (depression), along with having the flu, while you’re preparing for final exams (anxiety & sleep) and at any moment you can fix it with just one pill. I dunno just ranting killing time on Day 3

It wasn’t fent I’m sure of it. Thank god. Just a straight old school 30 oxy script. But it doesn’t matter. Oxy or fent last longer than H. It’s one of the biggest scams in USA history. I could kick percs and vics no problem. Oxy takes your soul and your wallet. It’s gonna be a battle. I refuse to use H or go MAT. I just think of it as a penny jar. Every penny I took out, I have to put the penny back in. I just hope I’m not delaying the detox using the 2,2,1,1.5 taper. Depression is brutal right now. Anxiety thru the roof but no aches for some reason. Pissing out my number 2. I’m actually excited though. Putting this behind me. Excited for the challenges of sobriety. Once you do it, you have an edge over most. You’ve seen hell more than once. My wife just asked me what I feel like. I told her it’s like how you felt when your best friend died in the car (depression), along with having the flu, while you’re preparing for final exams (anxiety & sleep) and at any moment you can fix it with just one pill. I dunno just ranting killing time on Day 3

My first oxy withdrawal which was my first opiate withdrawal cold turkey from 120 mg daily was brutal. Oxy is in my opinion, one of the most addicting substances on the planet. But Suboxone and methadone withdrawal I mean fuck it’s so long

Agree. I have no experience with H but I’m told it’s intense but done in 4 days. At least that what Keith Richards said in his book. But then again he’s Keith Richards. Oxy is intense and fairly long. I feel for the methadone people. I just watched an interview with singer from Pantera. He said imagine falling from a 50 story building every 3 minutes for 60 days. That’s harsh. But any other advice I’ll take. I’m on day 3 from 250mg a day. Even though I have people by my side I still feel so alone. They have no idea.

I sure sympathize for you, but there doesn’t seem to be any easy way out of the withdrawals other than hunkering down and do it. At the end in November I was taking enough pills every day to probably kill a horse.
I kind of had my own routine. What loose clothing I was going to layer with, two water tumblers by the bed, food in fridge I could force myself to eat, etc.. I guess I am fortunate because days 1 & 2 I am so completely wiped out and exhausted I just sleep almost straight for 48 hours. Day 3 always sucks for me, that’s when RLS/insomnia/lethargy/depression kicks in. Most of my physical symptoms are over by day 4.
I am serious about those Amazon Bible audio books by Creasy. Something about that really helped me. I couldn’t watch movies or do crap, but laying in bed and listening to that helped my anxiety as much as klonopins (although the pins would certainly knock me out when I needed sleep)
You will be okay, drink lots of water and try eating something if you can!

I sure sympathize for you, but there doesn’t seem to be any easy way out of the withdrawals other than hunkering down and do it. At the end in November I was taking enough pills every day to probably kill a horse.
I kind of had my own routine. What loose clothing I was going to layer with, two water tumblers by the bed, food in fridge I could force myself to eat, etc.. I guess I am fortunate because days 1 & 2 I am so completely wiped out and exhausted I just sleep almost straight for 48 hours. Day 3 always sucks for me, that’s when RLS/insomnia/lethargy/depression kicks in. Most of my physical symptoms are over by day 4.
I am serious about those Amazon Bible audio books by Creasy. Something about that really helped me. I couldn’t watch movies or do crap, but laying in bed and listening to that helped my anxiety as much as klonopins (although the pins would certainly knock me out when I needed sleep)
The RLS is somehow the worst for me

Any suggestions for OTC (United States) ways to deal with opiate withdrawal? I’m really struggling with the runny nose, restless leg and not sleeping. I’m taking kratom and it helps a tiny bit, but I still can not sleep or get my nose to stop running and I keep getting cold sweats. Any suggestions besides loperamide and kratom? Getting desperate here.
Do you have access to a doctor who will prescribe suboxone? Not just any doctor can prescribe it, they have to be licensed. Google “doctors who prescribe suboxone in my area” or put your city in place of “my area”. I was a heroin addict for 10 years. Suboxone saved my life, I’ve been taking it for 2.5 years and I have no intention of ever going off of it. The most important thing it does for me is take away the cravings which for me is the worst part. I feel your pain man and it’s hell

Hello all been, on and off subs for a couple of years. My dumb Ass goes and gets on a med program and took them every day and got addicted just couldn't resist I think we can all relate. I'm so desperate for a tapering schedule Iv looked every where. My doctor does not wean people off the right way they dont care. If I was to wean off 3, 8/2 strips a day 24 mg, in one month I'd be in agony please help me.

Clonazepam works WONDERS that's what I use it stops the depression muscle spasms so does robaxin im fortunate to have these handy and chamomile extract works to with L Theanine, full spectrum. Cbd pills, gaba pills are ok just take as needed, gabapentin muscle relaxers really work for the pain. Sorry to go off topic but these fuckin doctors dont give the right medication I was told to take benadryl and ibuprofen for the wd. I almost blew up on the guy on sorry for the rant but its bullshit. And also magnesium relaxes you alot of vitamin c and B VITAMINS they help with dopamine production, energy. A barbiturate would help dramatically. The word of God does help put the book of PSALMS on repeat it will calm every thing having to do with the withdrawal

Last edited:
Do you have access to a doctor who will prescribe suboxone? Not just any doctor can prescribe it, they have to be licensed. Google “doctors who prescribe suboxone in my area” or put your city in place of “my area”. I was a heroin addict for 10 years. Suboxone saved my life, I’ve been taking it for 2.5 years and I have no intention of ever going off of it. The most important thing it does for me is take away the cravings which for me is the worst part. I feel your pain man and it’s hell
It might seem crazy but I would worry about this being on my health record, any dr or medical facility can see you were prescribed sub