• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Withdrawal question(s) (oxycodone & methadone)

Do you have access to a doctor who will prescribe suboxone? Not just any doctor can prescribe it, they have to be licensed. Google “doctors who prescribe suboxone in my area” or put your city in place of “my area”. I was a heroin addict for 10 years. Suboxone saved my life, I’ve been taking it for 2.5 years and I have no intention of ever going off of it. The most important thing it does for me is take away the cravings which for me is the worst part. I feel your pain man and it’s hell
@Stassi202
I didn’t know Suboxone existed until about 45 days ago, it is amazing stuff. No cravings at all.

Depending on your mentality, this is excellent advice. If you have a low level of consciousness this post may piss you off but it’s entirely true.

I won’t tell you you can just positively think your way out of methadone withdrawal, cause trust me I would I’m going through it right now 110 mg 3 weeks ago. As well as a fentanyl habit. I did a subutex taper and have been about 4-5 days off like you.

But if you can embrace and accept the fight and recognize this is temporary, it’s really the only way to make it through.

Does that mean 24 hours a day you’re smiling? No fuck no it doesn’t. But it means you comprehend why this is happening and accept it won’t be forever. One day, one hour, one minute, or even one second you stay off the shit you are that much closer to the other side.

And trust me I’ve counted seconds before detoxing. But I’ve made it through so far to tell my story on the other side of the worst habits I never imagined myself possibly getting into.

Like sticking 3 CC needles full of oral methadone syrup into my veins. Multiple times a day.

Stay strong.

The gold standard for opiate withdrawal is 4 prescription medications.

Clonidine
Hydrozxyine
Gabapentin
(Low dose, controlled benzos as needed) *should be controlled by a third party

Any doctor with a brain if you told him the scenario would likely write you a script for the first 3. Benzos are a bit harder to obtain but if you have a dr you are close with it can help.

Imodium can help with diaherra but it’s a weak opiate so 2-4 mg a day for a bit can be helpful.
What’s gabapentin going to help with? I have a whole bottle of that laying around.

Gabapentin will help with everything. Take around 600-1200 mg
Damn, the bottle says 3 times a day (100mg x3) so double daily dose at a time or per day? I’ve took two last night before finally passing out for a few hours, well snorted one and swallowed one. So I saw it’s not an opiate, but it helps, I’m just still curious how / what it does for someone in withdrawal.

Damn, the bottle says 3 times a day (100mg x3) so double daily dose at a time or per day? I’ve took two last night before finally passing out for a few hours, well snorted one and swallowed one. So I saw it’s not an opiate, but it helps, I’m just still curious how / what it does for someone in withdrawal.

Gabapentin is not an opiate. It’s prescribed for anxiety and nerve pain. It’s a GABA receptor drug.

It can be thought to help with sleep, restless legs/restlessness and just overall mood through detoxing

You can take 100 mg 3x daily that’s what I was on in detox

You can take 100 mg 3x daily that’s what I was on in detox
Appreciate it. This shit is brutal. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Any idea if and when it might not suck so bad? All the timelines I’ve looked at on Google seem like bullshit. My worst wasn’t over after day 3 for damn sure like they try to say.

Appreciate it. This shit is brutal. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Any idea if and when it might not suck so bad? All the timelines I’ve looked at on Google seem like bullshit. My worst wasn’t over after day 3 for damn sure like they try to say.

You’re kicking fentanyl? You’ll be good as new in 7 days but all symptoms gone in 10-14

You’re kicking fentanyl? You’ll be good as new in 7 days but all symptoms gone in 10-14
Methadone and oxycodone. I’m prescribed both and scripts don’t get filled for another 5 days. Not ready to kick yet. Some day when pain is in check and I’m finished with college, but for now I need it to get by as shitty as they are.

Sucks because I’m on like day 5 now and I’ll have them in 5 more days. All this for nothing. Haha

Sucks because I’m on like day 5 now and I’ll have them in 5 more days. All this for nothing. Haha

Oh damn. I admire your strength I’d have heroin days ago.

Methadone withdrawal is said to last up to a month. Oxy takes about 10-14 to restore to normal.

You’ll probably still be withdrawing until you get your scripts sorry but I won’t lie to you

Any suggestions for OTC (United States) ways to deal with opiate withdrawal? I’m really struggling with the runny nose, restless leg and not sleeping. I’m taking kratom and it helps a tiny bit, but I still can not sleep or get my nose to stop running and I keep getting cold sweats. Any suggestions besides loperamide and kratom? Getting desperate here.
If you do use Kratom make sure to use in the smallest effective doses and logisticaly that way ur not just forming another dependency.
I would ignore usuing anti diarrhea meds because its hindering your bodys restabilization process. Sure use it if nessesary but when your home, just let the sh*t (lol) happen.Its natural for your body to readjust to equilibrium. It will be good for you to get up and run to the bathroom because it's forcing excesize. Eat foods that provide simple proteins and healthy fats if u can. Search online what kinds of foods are easily digestible and stick to a small variety because the bacteria in your gut adapt and will thank u for it and visa versa. As for Oct pills....get vitimin D complex, vit Bs 6/12, . Also, get OTC probiotics and Papya extrat for digestive enzymes (they will make you feel better overall. 70% of the actual cells in our bodies are other microorganisms ) and keeping them strong directly strengthens you.
Also, When I was detoxing from alcohol my suboxone doctors nurse reccomend to me PRENATAL womens vitamins.she said they were designed to protect against seizures and that when she worked in jails that's what they would give hard-cores like myself when they didnt have lithium on hand. It couldnt hurt looking into that.
This is just all my opinion, but if ur withdrawls get bad, and I know someone or someway to get a suboxone strip... If soo it. That's what they are made for. Swiss ur mouth with warm mouthwash, rinse, then pop a tiny piece of that baby under us tongue and let it melts around in ur mouth without swallowing for 10 min.
If this helps, make sure u don't continue to use it for more than a week or ull ha e another addiction. And MOST IMPORTANTLY OF All.. DO NOT TAKE SUBS UNLESS U ARE COMPLETELY SICK AND THERE IS NO OTHER OPIODS in your system or you will experience the 3rd level of hell called precipitated withdrawls...which is like experiencing horrors you can't imagine.
And....ps. Soaking in the tub is always good and excersize will speed up recovering 10X

I’ll jump in again with something I’ve found this last or current detox. I’ve been doing the mega dose C thing. But strictly with the gels. The other stuff will just dehydrate you Because you will blow it all out on the toilet. It’s a pain though cause u gotta do it every 3 hours. Now I heard on a podcast back in the day to use creatine also. Any gym rats know it makes your muscles fill up with water as long as you drink enough it. And it gives you a little extra pep. I gave it go this time just because I’m familiar with it. Now I have about 15 kicks under my belt. These protocols did 2 significant things this time. Almost zero RLS, my nemesis. Granted it’s still tough to sleep with anxiety and racing thoughts. Second, and Ive been taking it for granted is almost zero physical fatigue. Unreal. Walk up the stair would kick my ass during other rattles. I honestly could go for a run no problem right now. Took down the Christmas lights was almost a breeze aside from me wearing 3 coats and still sweating and freezing. Now just because your muscles are working doesn’t mean jack, because the ruthless un motivation is still here big time. Oh and absolute no aching body either.but I’ve never really had that issue in other detoxes. . I’m coming off about 10 blue 30s a day habit. I reported in my other post. I’m on day 6. It’s a pain dosing every 3 hours. But it keeps you busy. Take it for what it’s worth. I’d say it takes about 40% away of WDs. Oh couple other thing is you’re technically supposed to preload this 3 days prior to starting detox which I did. And one more little thing I loading those 3 days. The C somehow saturates your receptors so you won’t even feel a buzz even if you bailed out on Day 3 or something. It’s like a poor mans sub. I realize some may have nausea and it’s a pain to get this down but it’s easy on the stomach and actually makes you want to eat too. Oh, another thing I did this time. Dunno if it adds up. Cut sugar out of my diet. I have a raging sweet tooth when using. I cut sugar and the cravings have gone significantly until today. They’re epic today. I ate ice cream before bed so that maybe something. Dunno if any of this helps. It all could be random And my self induced, mentally ready brain could have helped too. Theres about 10 Ohs in here but I’m fried. I really want off the merry go round. It’s not fun any more. It’s actually pretty stupid. I used to actually be an interesting person. Addicts are the most boring people ever. Sure there’s stories to tell in meetings but seriously it’s Groundhog Day every day. That’s interesting. I used to like girls. I tell myself if I went on a date right now I’d have nothing to talk about. Check out my epic post on bluelight babe about withdrawal . That will drop your panties. Boring. I really hope this helps someone. One of my biggest fears about being sober is boredom. Its actually the opposite. We are boring. Boring is lame. Keep pushing. Thnx for letting jump in With my novel.

I’ll jump in again with something I’ve found this last or current detox. I’ve been doing the mega dose C thing. But strictly with the gels. The other stuff will just dehydrate you Because you will blow it all out on the toilet. It’s a pain though cause u gotta do it every 3 hours. Now I heard on a podcast back in the day to use creatine also. Any gym rats know it makes your muscles fill up with water as long as you drink enough it. And it gives you a little extra pep. I gave it go this time just because I’m familiar with it. Now I have about 15 kicks under my belt. These protocols did 2 significant things this time. Almost zero RLS, my nemesis. Granted it’s still tough to sleep with anxiety and racing thoughts. Second, and Ive been taking it for granted is almost zero physical fatigue. Unreal. Walk up the stair would kick my ass during other rattles. I honestly could go for a run no problem right now. Took down the Christmas lights was almost a breeze aside from me wearing 3 coats and still sweating and freezing. Now just because your muscles are working doesn’t mean jack, because the ruthless un motivation is still here big time. Oh and absolute no aching body either.but I’ve never really had that issue in other detoxes. . I’m coming off about 10 blue 30s a day habit. I reported in my other post. I’m on day 6. It’s a pain dosing every 3 hours. But it keeps you busy. Take it for what it’s worth. I’d say it takes about 40% away of WDs. Oh couple other thing is you’re technically supposed to preload this 3 days prior to starting detox which I did. And one more little thing I loading those 3 days. The C somehow saturates your receptors so you won’t even feel a buzz even if you bailed out on Day 3 or something. It’s like a poor mans sub. I realize some may have nausea and it’s a pain to get this down but it’s easy on the stomach and actually makes you want to eat too. Oh, another thing I did this time. Dunno if it adds up. Cut sugar out of my diet. I have a raging sweet tooth when using. I cut sugar and the cravings have gone significantly until today. They’re epic today. I ate ice cream before bed so that maybe something. Dunno if any of this helps. It all could be random And my self induced, mentally ready brain could have helped too. Theres about 10 Ohs in here but I’m fried. I really want off the merry go round. It’s not fun any more. It’s actually pretty stupid. I used to actually be an interesting person. Addicts are the most boring people ever. Sure there’s stories to tell in meetings but seriously it’s Groundhog Day every day. That’s interesting. I used to like girls. I tell myself if I went on a date right now I’d have nothing to talk about. Check out my epic post on bluelight babe about withdrawal . That will drop your panties. Boring. I really hope this helps someone. One of my biggest fears about being sober is boredom. Its actually the opposite. We are boring. Boring is lame. Keep pushing. Thnx for letting jump in With my novel.
No shit? (Pun intended haha) ive got a bunch of preworkout. Not sure I want to be jumpy, but if creatine helps and I’m not sleeping anyway maybe instead of “morning” coffee. I mean here I am at 5am and I’ve been awake since 3. Got to sleep at 11ish so that’s something. Anyway thanks for the advice. I hope it works. This nightmare is insane. I don’t know how we all ever do this to ourselves, but such is addiction / life. I’ve gotta start classes up again in like 10-11 days at ASU. Luckily my meds arrive before then. Well my one script does, they’re staggered a week apart bc of when the doc started me on the long acting methadone. Anyway thanks man. Thank god for this forum. It’s been a god send. I almost went down to Mexico the other day bc my girl read online that you can write opiates from the doctors across the border in Nagales and they don’t really care. Don’t know how true that is so I said no to her offer bc it’s 3 hours each way. Don’t want 6+ hours in a car this sick if it could be for nothing. 🤷🏻‍♂️I’ve even considered asking random strangers but when you’re an adult it’s hard find other people who “party” in a new area. I switched coasts a few years back and then relocated before the Rona so I don’t know anybody in our new town. It’s been rough. Back home I had so many connects, hell I was a connect for a lot of people, but now it’s like how the fuck do you make friends as a grown ass man? Haha.

Yeah Ive given that a read before But I feel like there has to be more options out there of shit that helps than what is in that original sticky thread.