• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Will Someone Please Explain this Rampant Hateful Aggressive “Gnostic Christianity” to Me?

And I'm saying I disagree with Freud to classify this as narcissism.

A child naturally wanting attention from the parent is totally different from the kind of stuff that makes NPD.
Well, you don't necessarily disagree.

NPD is indeed different from primary narcissism.
Everybody goes through primary narcissism, but not everyone develops NPD.

But maybe you still disagree about the developmental stages Freud put forth.

deleted prev post

how do we live by example online? all we can do is type. lol
there really is a world outside that door that we can venture out of if inclined.
hugs and drugs are nice, imo/e.

disregard

ed
and your torrents of words are boss? :ROFLMAO:

I haven't read the thread but Gnosticism is just Christian mysticism. The same as Kabbalism is Jewish mysticism and Sufism is Islamic mysticism. How it became rampant and hateful, I don't know, but nothing surprises me.uUSaccurate,
Just to be more accurate, first of all, we must differentiate between 3 types of "gnosticism" that are very different

-early gnostics, that rose some time after the death of Jesus, they were some early christians and mostly jewish, they were considered heretics, they were a bit into esotericism, not necessarily mysticism (you could consider it mysticism in a very wide sense). Maybe these ones could be considered christian mystics. They were christians but considered heretic after the 2nd century. Later their doctrine was picked up by the Templars, but I think in a very convoluted way.

-Neo-gnosticism, there's some authors that consider themselves neo-gnostics or people who have re-started gnosticism based mainly in the old texts but also picking stuff from modern and comtemporary sources, also hinduist and oriental philosophy, some are into the occult somewhat. I would say it's not exactly mysticism but again, it depends on what you want to consider mysticism. They are not very close to christianism but much more eclectic. They do talk about sex-magick and things like that but for most authors is not a central concept/practice.

-pagan gnosticism, like theosophy or O.T.O. as considered Gnostic Catholic Church and they talk about gnosticism in a very specific way (19th century), very into the occult and very eclectic, closer to pagan (pre-christian and even pre-jewish) sources and oriental sources than to christianism, they talk about Christ but as an "Ascended master" so it's not like he is more important than Buda Gautama, for example. Sex-magick and other ceremonial magick it's very typical of them, specially the latter forms/group. They are not christians and you could consider them mystics but not christian mystics in any way.

Tradionally christian mysticism is linked to several figures: Origen, Pseudo-Dyonisus, Hildegard von Bingen, Meister Eckhart, Theresa of Ávila, Juan de Yepes...

Traditionally Christian mysticism
There were many brands before Christianity whent into stupid supernatural beliefs.

I say stupid because i think the ancients were brighter than the supernatural garbage thinkers.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.
Well man, it's obvious that if you're called "Gnostic Bishop" you were going to defend their doctrines and commentators, I try to be neutral, I don't feel close to the comtemporary Church to be honest, but I feel close to the ancient Church. You probably know that the first monks were people who was all alone in caves or in columns (stagyrites), they were not "exactly" mystics but probably they were.
The same stuff you're saying about the jewish tradition can be said about the hellenistic tradition and some people even talks about egyptian tradition and beyond (middle eastern). I mean, there's always mixtures and influences specially when there's written doctrines that are translated by different cultures. I included Origen in fact.

It's funny that you talk about the supernatural but nowadays one of those who claim to be gnostics or keeping the esoteric tradition do all types of spiritual work and magick stuff, the only difference is that they consider it "natural", and not supernatural, but for most people it would be considered supernatural.
I don't think idolatry is right, tbh. There's different ways of practicing some religion.

I think the idea that their are truths in all religions..IS reasonable..

I think that is the general meaning in Gnosticism.. at least for me.

It's funny that you talk about the supernatural but nowadays one of those who claim to be gnostics or keeping the esoteric tradition do all types of spiritual work and magick stuff, the only difference is that they consider it "natural",
I have seen many use words like magic for natural processes.

A dumb practice to me. Magic has nothing to do with religion.

Look at how a lowering of moral values occurred in Christianity when supernatural and magic thinking took hold.

Satan loves the supernatural, as it has convinced people she exists.

Regards
DL

I think the idea that their are truths in all religions..IS reasonable..

I think that is the general meaning in Gnosticism.. at least for me.
I think all esoteric ecumenists will agree.

God came out of the general populations and religions.

If we want better than the garbage we now have in the God religions, they will have to create or elect a new God.

The bible has Jesus posit this as a new beginning.

Regards
DL

Just to be more accurate, first of all, we must differentiate between 3 types of "gnosticism" that are very different

-early gnostics, that rose some time after the death of Jesus, they were some early christians and mostly jewish, they were considered heretics, they were a bit into esotericism, not necessarily mysticism (you could consider it mysticism in a very wide sense). Maybe these ones could be considered christian mystics. They were christians but considered heretic after the 2nd century. Later their doctrine was picked up by the Templars, but I think in a very convoluted way.

-Neo-gnosticism, there's some authors that consider themselves neo-gnostics or people who have re-started gnosticism based mainly in the old texts but also picking stuff from modern and comtemporary sources, also hinduist and oriental philosophy, some are into the occult somewhat. I would say it's not exactly mysticism but again, it depends on what you want to consider mysticism. They are not very close to christianism but much more eclectic. They do talk about sex-magick and things like that but for most authors is not a central concept/practice.

-pagan gnosticism, like theosophy or O.T.O. as considered Gnostic Catholic Church and they talk about gnosticism in a very specific way (19th century), very into the occult and very eclectic, closer to pagan (pre-christian and even pre-jewish) sources and oriental sources than to christianism, they talk about Christ but as an "Ascended master" so it's not like he is more important than Buda Gautama, for example. Sex-magick and other ceremonial magick it's very typical of them, specially the latter forms/group. They are not christians and you could consider them mystics but not christian mystics in any way.

Tradionally christian mysticism is linked to several figures: Origen, Pseudo-Dyonisus, Hildegard von Bingen, Meister Eckhart, Theresa of Ávila, Juan de Yepes...

Yeah I saw a McKenna video on it which was interesting and sort of pointed toward how Gnosticism could become "Rampant, Hateful and Aggressive" (as per thread title). I think I posted it here somewhere.

I've been getting into Catholicism 😇 Of course this is not my religion but the feminine symbology (The Madonna/Virgin Mary and Mary Magdalene) is very powerful. There was another Mary who witnessed Christ's crucifixion (in some stories?) but not sure about her.

@Neuroborean (I always read your username as "neurobean" lol).

Here ya go ;) I can't be bothered listening to all this and don't expect you to either, but may as well put it out there

Ooh JP & Jung, titled "Jordan Peterson's Nightmare" 😂 Gotta include that!

Yeah I saw a McKenna video on it which was interesting and sort of pointed toward how Gnosticism could become "Rampant, Hateful and Aggressive" (as per thread title). I think I posted it here somewhere.

I've been getting into Catholicism 😇 Of course this is not my religion but the feminine symbology (The Madonna/Virgin Mary and Mary Magdalene) is very powerful. There was another Mary who witnessed Christ's crucifixion (in some stories?) but not sure about her.
It's odd how people in typically Protestant countries always consider Catholicisms most definitory thing to be the worship of Mary.
I live in a mostly Catholic country and while there's some signs of that, for exaple in Semana Santa events, and in some places, I don't think it's like so important. Maybe I'm the one who's wrong. I mean I know that Protestants don't consider Mary so holy and that's an important difference. I think the problem/difference goes beyond that. In Catholicism Jesus is considered the Son of God, literally, not like a "super-important-prophet" or something like that. So that means that Mary is not only a Virgin (I guess God would prefer a virgin..) but also a very special and unusual person, with a heart of gold and morally perfect/pure, otherwise she couldn't keep a duty like being the mother of God, or the mother of the Son of God.
I think that's the explanation, you probably thought about it before, I think the key here is how you consider Jesus to be, more human or more godly.

I think Mckenna is in the second group of types of Gnostics that I wrote about. He's a good guy, I like most of what he says.

Last edited:
A dumb practice to me. Magic has nothing to do with religion
If you study anthropology you'll see that most tribes play with magic, but some of them reject it. The traditional Jews was one of those tribes who rejected magic, considered to be dangerous and always playing with fire (the fire of dark angels and so on). I think the jews are into something, they are not idiots, that's for sure. Ironically one of the most fervent keepers of black magic were the jews... during the Middle Ages specially but obviously from before too. Zohar and Kabbalah are mystical sublimations of that practices and some other esoteric stuff. In a way it has to do with religion, even if it's because it's considered anti-religious by some cultures.
If we want better than the garbage we now have in the God religions, they will have to create or elect a new God.
Could be, but don't fool yourself, the so-called Death of God is long time surpassed, now we have a stupid polytheism, what could call materialistic polytheism, but they are serving some gods, Mammon for example, also the idea/phantom of Democracy, Freedom, and some other stuff like that. Political materialistic Dogmas.
The thing is that some of we know that there's some lobby that is rooted very deeply in the world elite's that have their new monotheism prepared: AI/Ahriman/Lucifer.

It's odd how people in typically Protestant countries always consider Catholicisms most definitory thing to the worship of Mary.
I live in a mostly Catholic country and while there's some signs of that, for exaple in Semana Santa events, and in some places, I don't think it's like so important. Maybe I'm the one who's wrong. I mean I know that Protestants don't consider Mary so holy and that's an important difference. I think the problem/difference goes beyond that. In Catholicism Jesus is considered the Son of God, literally, not like a "super-important-prophet" or something like that. So that means that Mary is not only a Virgin (I guess God would prefer a virgin..) but also a very special and unusual person, with a heart of gold and morally perfect/pure, otherwise she couldn't keep a duty like being the mother of God, or the mother of the Son of God.
I think that's the explanation, you probably thought about it before, I think the key here is how you consider Jesus to be, more human or more godly.

I think Mckenna is in the second group of types of Gnostics that I wrote about. He's a good guy, I like most of what he says.

I'm a complete newbie (raised atheist and went to non-Catholic schools) but I've read Mary is "superior" to Jesus among some Catholics. But the fact there were three Marys in some stories is like a Holy-Trinity in itself.

I can't really remember the details and I look at pictures more than I read when it comes to religion/mythology/symbolism, but it was Joseph Campbell who piqued my interest and then talking to someone here (it may even have been you but I hope not cos how embarrassing).

But interestingly I chose a picture I really liked for a few things, including my Twitter profile pic. Only subsequently did I find out it's based on Mary Magdalene:

Oh, by the way, there's an important distinction in Catholicism that most people is unaware, you cannot worship Mary or any other saint in the form of Adoration, Adoration is only towards God and Jesus as considered a "part" of God. It would be heretical to adore Mary or any other being that it's not God, so then you Adore God, but you venerate Mary and other saints, it's a form of worship in terms of love and respect, but not the same relation that you would have towards God.
You know, it's technical stuff but it's crucial.

Oh, by the way, there's an important distinction in Catholicism that most people is unaware, you cannot worship Mary or any other saint in the form of Adoration, Adoration is only towards God and Jesus as considered a "part" of God. It would be heretical to adore Mary or any other being that it's not God, so then you Adore God, but you venerate Mary and other saints, it's a form of worship in terms of love and respect, but not the same relation that you would have towards God.
You know, it's technical stuff but it's crucial.

Yeah I've saved some pictures of Jesus. For me it's about the pain these women felt watching him die and I'm not sure but they were probably the most compassionate.

This is from a film but it shows the sentiment well..

I'm a complete newbie (raised atheist and went to non-Catholic schools) but I've read Mary is "superior" to Jesus among some Catholics. But the fact there were three Marys in some stories is like a Holy-Trinity in itself.
Yeah, I get that, it's not the typical case but it happens often.
In my case maybe here (in BL) I'm considere already like a christian fanatic or something like that, a "christtard" like some guy told me..
the thing it's that, even if I grew up in a traditional catholic family, my mother didn't even go to church since not so long ago. I was uninterested in Christianity as whole, I just "accepted" it and I had a gnostic-like (pantheistic or deistic) belief about the existence of something but I didn't give a damn about christianity.
It was during 2020 when I felt that things were more literal than I thought, specifically I discovered that the Apocalypsis was real visions about the future, then I realized that more parts of the Bible could be real and more literal than I thought, so I started reading. Before that I had read quite a lot about Buddhism, a lot of philosophy, Jung and so on, so I was not completely closed to spiritual matters.
During that years I had amazing revelations during dreams, and outside dreams but related with dreams, like seeing stuff in the internet or in real life. that I had dreamed in the past.

Yeah I've saved some pictures of Jesus. For me it's about the pain these women felt watching him die and I'm not sure but they were probably the most compassionate.

This is from a film but it shows the sentiment well..

Do you know this girl (now a pretty woman)??
she had visions of Jesus, her family was totally atheistic, she is like a genius painting.. it's amazing that she did that having 8-9 years old..

There's a child that had a NDE and he saw he saw Jesus during that experience, he was always asked how jesus was and he always said that he wasn't like the paintings or sculptures that people showed to him to compare... till he saw Akiane's painting, then he said: he was like this.