• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Wildly High on Sally-d (Sita)

morninggloryseed said:
Everyone says that but I felt a distintly 'a-sexual' presence with S. divinorum.

Yeah I remember back when I had a severely intense journey on some extract, many moons ago, and I came out of it feeling that there was more of a neutral, if not masculine (or disciplinary, rather) entity that had spoken to me. It contrasted entirely with all the reports of the time (and still today) that it's distinctly feminine.

I just tried to locate the trip report but entheogen.com is now for registered memebrs only. Here's a snippet of it I had saved:

At this point I finally made visual contact with my friend, who had been with me the whole time, watching over me. But I was still hallucinating. I asked him who he was, where I was, and what I was doing. He answered my questions, reminding me that I had just smoked some Salvinorin, and I finally remembered having done that. I then asked him how much longer I would be feeling the effects, and he told me for a few more minutes. And I responded with “I want it to stop now.” He told me I needed to wait and let it stop on its own. I tried to get up, but I felt like I was locked down to the floor. Gravity began playing with me very strangely, and I began to feel as if I were twisting, or rolling, and I began to physically roll my body around on the floor to match what I felt in my head.

Salvia was crazy! Too much for me, anyway...

If were are going to get all 'conceptual' here, I'll state that whatever 'entity' is a part of that plant spirit probably has no sex, but may appear differently to differnent people. On the other hand, maybe the entity willing manefests a form it choice...depending on the person seeking it out, and depending on the circumstances.

^^ Maybe the way the psychedelic handles you or which receptors it activates gets linked to real life feelings, like getting totally molested by a female for example.. :)

but you think the blood of Jesus was booze on accident?

Jesus had ethyl alcohol for blood? No wonder he thought he was God, the person was drunk off his ass! Get drunk enough and I guess you can believe anything.

But you seem to a truly passionate HATRED for this substance... why is this?

I do not hate alcohol itself. Cleans my pipes out very nicely, really enjoy it when the lady rubs my back with it, great for cleaning pores on my face, and it is wonderful for sterilizing flesh on my bum prior to a shot of ketamine.

As far as the internal use of alcohol, I am not sure exactly where I got these strong feelings. I almost think I might have had a relative killed by a drunk driver in some past life because the consumption of alcohol does evoke some strong feelings of disdain and disgust. Actually, I find it a repugnant, disgraceful substance (or rather I find that most people under its influence act disgraceful.)

Ideally, I try not to come down and judge anyone for using alcohol as a social lubricant, or anyone who uses a glass of wine or beer at night to relax. Whatever works for you, as long as you use responsibly. However, yes indeed, something deep inside me just hates the idea of people drinking, and I do find it hard not to judge.

An example I can think of where I was overtly judgmental and negative was a day she [my lady] had a few of her friends over for some wine. Just the women. Then one of the friend’s boyfriend came to my home with a six-pack. I do not know what it was…the image of this bearded stranger (frat-boy looking character) with a bud light shirt carrying a six- pack into my home enraged me. I was respectful, shook hands, but inside I was not at all pleased.

I guess my thinking was this: I would never go to someone’s house carrying my hashish and water pipe in one hand, my blender, poppy pods, and saucepan with lid in the other….and just walks in assuming that is ok with them. Who in the hell does he think he is, to assume that kind of thing is acceptable to me in my own house?

I will not argue my thinking is ‘right.’ That was definitely me being judgmental, and I admit that. Actually, the guy was not a good person; a few months later he ended up hitting the girl, but that is all beside the point.

I dunno, I guess MY biggest problem with alcohol is that is it seemingly so encouraged in society. The damn ads with smiling young people drinking their beer, the drive-through liquor stores, the bars on ever corner. It is just everywhere. Further, I have a problem with the law that allows people to drink and drive with minimal punishment. Thankfully, in my town, they tend to be pretty hard-core when it comes to punishing drinking and driving. However, where I grew up, I knew so many people with multiple DUIs that never had their license revoked.

Now I do wish I had worded the following statement differently…

that disgusting level alcohol brings you.

I would reword it because I do not know every ‘you’ in the world, and therefore I am in no position to speak for all the ‘you(s)’ you there.

After all, I have not met everyone in the entire world, nor have I seen every individual in the world inebriated…as such I am in no position to pass judgment on the world as a whole when it comes to drinking.

I will say though, most people I have met when inebriated really do take on disgusting behavioral actions one way or another, at least to my eyes. There are only three people I do not mind being around when they drink…. Two of my best friends, and then my lady. My third best friend bugs the shit out of me when he is drunk with his incessant talking, so it is not just because I love those folks that I can be around them when they drink. Anyone else, I choose to not be around if they drink at all…at least until I get to know them, and get to know how they react to alcohol.

I do go to bars occasionally to play pool with friends and it always amazes me that a slushy, slurring, sweaty, non-sense speaking person under the influence of alcohol will think they are somehow attractive and desirable in their state of alcohol-induced stupidity. Amusement can always be had by watching a drunk with their alcohol-induced confidence try to make sense in a conversation. However, as long as they do not try to drive, more power to them. 

My girlfriend enjoys drinking wine, and I will even occasionally break the law to obtain it for her (as she is under the drinking age). However, when she has friends over who drink, I kindly just excuse myself to my study to get away.

Additionally, I want to add, that a glass of wine, *maybe* 2, with your woman, usually leads to a lovely night.

The really, really strange thing is I do find the smell of alcohol on a lady’s breath very sexy. I personally have never had sex while drunk, or while drinking (as I do not drink at all, ever) but from what I am told….very few men are *better* when drinking. As Shakespeare said….”It promotes desire, but takes away from performance.”

I’ll take cannabis for a lovely night, or once a year some MDMA. 

I can't imagine how anyone can trip and still desire to live their life in a state of perpetual opiod intoxication/dependancy, but to each their own.

I do not either. What fool would!?!

My reasons for using opium are my own, and it does work for me.

But really, I fail to see how one can really compare the two. Two different drugs and the end-result of dependency are two very different pictures. Addiction is not pretty in any form (even cannabis addiction) but in general opium ‘intoxication’ does not in any way, shape, or form resemble that of alcohol intoxication….be it health-wise or behavior-wise.

There are productive/functional alcoholics, but those are few and far in between. You cannot compare apples to rocks. The huge problems associated with opium addiction, more often than not, are because of the illegality. Those who are on maintenance therapy and want to turn their life around, usually do. However, I think you know that.

Moreover, you do not ever see me recommending opium or opiates, nor do you see me boasting about my usage of them, or painting it in any positive light. Actually, I actively discourage people from using opiates almost every day, as I numerous PMs asking me questions about the pods.

However, many people in this thread (and on the board) recommend alcohol and even boast about it. So Glog, I fail to see how what you said fits into this discussion about Salvia divinorum which has gone off-topic to an alcohol discussion…except as an attempt for you to make me look like a hypocrite. Well I do not recommend opiates, or boast about them, so there is no hypocrisy.

^^^^^

I failed to see how all of your ranting about the so called evil's of alcohol fit into this discussion. Seemed to me you were just trying to be some sort of drug snob. Never mind the fact, MGS, that moderate daily alcohol use (1 to 2 drinks per day) has been shown to have some heath benefits. Can't say that for opium. Any significant level of daily opium use just eventually turns you into a craving junkie who's gotta have it just to be normal.

Anyways, lets keep this on topic now. Next post about alcohol or opium gets deleted. ;)

The discussion is on-topic as the begining thread mentioned alcohol and divinorum in conjunction with each other. And in no place did I say alcohol was evil.

morninggloryseed said:
If were are going to get all 'conceptual' here, I'll state that whatever 'entity' is a part of that plant spirit probably has no sex, but may appear differently to differnent people. On the other hand, maybe the entity willing manefests a form it choice...depending on the person seeking it out, and depending on the circumstances.

For me, salvia first appeared as a grey alien kneeling on my chest. I don't recall it having any identifiable sex characteristics, and I could not determine its gender. I have since had an experience where I was able to detect multiple entities studying me. In those instances, I thought I could detect both genders, but the only thing I was able to base that one was the voices I heard discussing their findings about me. Ultimately they decided, "He isn't ready yet". And I came to. Most of my other salvia experiences had nothing to do with entities, although I have heard fragments of voices saying things often. Usually, I am just observing the severe bodyload it puts me thru and the visual "digitizing" effect I get from it.

Salvia is just too fucking wierd for me man, and I got really messed up on it once and that was enough for me not to want to repeat the experiance. Like it wasnt traumatizing or anything and left fairly quickly, its just not rewarding at all. Worth a shot just to try something new, but I really cant see any practical uses for it.

I'd say its on par with holding your breath and spinning arround alot till you fall over.

" Gordon Wasson theorized that this plant was the mythological pipilzintzintli, the "Noble Prince" of the Aztec codices. This theory would explain why a cultigen of such extraordinary power was not otherwise known to the the Aztecs, but this theory is not without dispute. The Aztecs were extremely knowledgeable in plant identification, and in their records report that pipilzintzintli has both male and female varieties. Salvia divinorum is lacking sexes, meaning there are no male or female flowers, as its flowers contain both sexes.

The skeptics of this theory report that the Aztecs would have known the difference between male flowers and female flowers. Wasson, still, may have been correct in his hypothesis, in that there are a number of historical accounts of gendered properties being assigned to plants in a metaphorical manner, not in a botanically anatomical one. " - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diviner's_sage

Perhaps the gender of the perceived entities is related to the plants "gender". It seems to hint at a spirit of the plant, that the shamans would assign to each plant.

Give me a beer or four over salvia any day, is my view . . . though I don't think thats what this thread is actually about . . .

I believe that the construct takes on feminine aspects because salvia is like the "edge" of the earth, or reality or something... this humble plant tended by the humble men in the mountain valley is the earth herself.... and more than the earth, the astral realms as well.

Thats why I call it Sita... the hindew goddess of the world.

of course, when I use it to see God, 'he' looks masculine

I haven't broken far enough through with salvia yet to detect any spirit or presence of any kind. Something about how utterly strange the experience is stops me from attempting often at all, though.

what kind of setting are you in, and how much are you thinking to yourself when its going on?

I think the entities are there every time, even if you don't smoke enough to break through and just feel wierd.

They're very very easy to ignore or flatten with your own thoughts... because after all they may just be a class of internal dialogue thats normally squelched.

I normally do not contact other entities on Salvia. My world just becomes MINE. I become my world. The visuals feel as though they surround me and everything around me, and then I forget about "reality". I have heard voices, of course, things of that nature, seen some very strange entities, but none of them are very defined. It's just a very, very intensely confusing experience that usually answers some question for me that I didn't even ask. I come out of the trip a little different in the head, and it always feel like someone is quite literally twisting shit around inside my brain. I usually get distracted by the "magnetic effect" that Salvia has. I'll look at something, and all of a sudden my body is seemingly uncontrollably pulled towards that object, coupled by a sort of "prickly wind" effect - basically gravity moving whichever way it wants. Also, the visuals are so realistic that it can be very difficult to distinguish them from "reality" because I'm tripping so hard that I'm not really sure what IS real. I never really know when it's over, either, I usually find myself staring at a wall or something when it's over. Or blacked out on the floor.

my 2 cents:

If you can go into it meditatively, then you can stay relatively unchanged and the world around you gets twisted all to hell, but you and your body and thoughts remain completely unchanged. Smoking it a bunch actually told me what posture to assume in order to enter the rift while still conscious, so now instead of gravity effects and thought distortion I just get sweaty where the rift crosses my body (just my hands unless i fuck up)

For me the correct position is a modified lotus position, the one where you just sit 'indian style' without feet on top of thighs. (real lotus position may be better but is impossible for me so far) Also, my hands are out with my index finger touching the tip of my thumb. This creates some sort of energy loop that the rift flows through.

Why i bother posting this bullshit is that I could never get my legs into indian position throughout my whole life, but coming out of one salvia blackout there they were, and I wasn't even uncomfortable. My legs just looked so "right" in that position, it was really wierd.

Anyway, since i started going into salvia realm with a clear (clearer than before at least) mind and in that position, my trips have been fundamentally different, and utterly comprehensible.

I only ever do Salvia in the lotus position. It really helps me balance and ground my body and incites me not to move. It also removes much of the fear for me. The way Salvia messes with gravity and such is far less unpleasant that way. I can look at the alienation from a more meditative point of view and be more equanimous, simply because I feel safer. I find the lotus position helpful at any time when I go through any kind of disharmony... I sit like that on most trips at some point, and since the trip to Salvialand is so short I find it the perfect way to be positioned as I go through it. Salvia then feels much more like a 'coming home' .

Ximot said:
It also removes much of the fear for me.

exactly my experience; even the fear I feel is much more manageable because I literally feel grounded by sitting like that

Ximot said:
Salvia then feels much more like a 'coming home' .

Now if I smoke (a shitton) and meditate I do exactly "come home", just sitting in God's presence, free from the drunkeness of perception and timeflow. I don't really get the point of it though.

its exactly like Phillip Dick's hypothesis that all of time is an illusion and really our whole lives are us answering God's question of if we want oneness. When I'm right there with God the answer is lived.

All hail Philip K. Dick! Nearly finished Ubik - fuck! so insanely mind-bending it's SICK!