• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Why's it go so quiet at christmas?

Well I'm from Germany and the 'big day' there is the 24th. That's when you have the festive meal, go to a church service (if you're that way inclined), light the tree for the first time in the evening and exchange presents. We call it Weihnachten (lit. 'sacred night') ie Christmas. The 25th which is the main day of celebration in the Anglosphere is called 1. Weihnachtstag (first day of Christmas) followed by 2. Weihnachtstag.
Hey there is either 1 day of Christmas or 12

Why are you having a go at me mate? I literally have said i am sorry to hear about your family and wish you nothing but the best.

Please be kind to yourself man. It is christmas after all. Stuff your face with nice food. Indulge in some whatever your preferrences may be.

Just had a 250mg line of Special K here. Lovely clean racemic shards. I have had the S isomer but prefer these especially on a day like Christmas racemic really is best.
Sorry I am in a bad mood and my persecution complex kicked in, I am sorry I saw the laughing emoji and assumed you were mocking me, when I am down
I am hyper sensitive today, This is a bad day for me. I am sorry. I hope we are still cool.

Sorry I am in a bad mood and my persecution complex kicked in, I am sorry I saw the laughing emoji and assumed you were mocking me, when I am down
I am hyper sensitive today, This is a bad day for me. I am sorry. I hope we are still cool.

No problems. Sorry to hear that mate. But i had not even an emoji on that post at all. I only wish anyone here the best.

We're cool man don't worry. I hope you are OK. PM me if you need to vent even.

I am just having my second line of K for the day. Was feeling tired from all the food but I'm awake again now and the room seems more colourful.

Hey there is either 1 day of Christmas or 12
If you're being traditional then yes Epiphany / Twelfth Night ends the festive season and then the decorations come down. The date goes by the name 'Three King's Day' . So we have the tree up exactly 2 weeks.

Anyone else frightened at how fast their life seems to be flashing past?
I remember 10 or so years ago when my parents and little sister where alive: we represented 3 different generations and we all noticed that time appears to be speeding up.
My parents where in their 50's me 30's sister 20's and we all noticed it.
I asked my parents and they agreed their that in their 20's and 30's time dragged on.
However they noticed time seems to be speeding up.
My sister and I noticed it too. It wasn't a generational thing. You had baby boomers, Gen X and Gen Y all agreed time is speeding up.

Are all you alleged drug taking wildmen/women all supposed to be on a one way ride to oblivion..when you're actually sat at home having dinner with your folks and watching Strictly? You bunch of fucking pussies.

I'm sat here with the neighbours cat on my lap cos it's too cold outside for him but at least I'm ON DRUGS!
We used to go raving every Xmassy day, midnight some disused warehouse or big barn

The festivities dragged lol waiting for some wicked Mitzis or equal, but passed the day.

UK especially Bedfordshire and in/around London used to be a rave labyrinth hove until law got mega nasty on it all.

I dont even know if, what sort of "free parties" run now or if anybody even attended one last night.

This time Boxing day we'd be so tripping lol

I remember 10 or so years ago when my parents and little sister where alive: we represented 3 different generations and we all noticed that time appears to be speeding up.
I asked my parents and they agreed their that in their 20's and 30's time dragged on.
My sister and I noticed it too. It wasn't a generational thing. You had baby boomers, Gen X and Gen Y all agreed time is speeding up.
Nah, not my own experience, radically the total opposite.

Vs growing up, and incrementally too.

Time seems to barely move, on reflection experientially hours like days, like weeks like months like...

Seriously slowed down here but may be preposterous amounts of consciousness shifting time dilating hallucinogens.

fbkfRXQ.png

JIyYW0M.jpg

I can tell you the reason for that. It has to do with how the brain processes and stores information. The younger you are, the more absolutely EVERYTHING is new to you and demands your conscious attention. The older you get, less and less of what you experience is novel to you, especially as you settle into a study / work routine.

For instance, you can probably recall your first school days quite vividly - your first impression of the building and the classroom, the friends you made, the fights you had, what the little milk cartons looked like, some drawing you did etc. Fast forward a few years at that same school and not that much stands out in your memory. The days blur into one in retrospect because you get used to the lessons and you interact with the same people in the same way day on day. Same goes for work, family life etc.

There's generally little that's new, and your brain doesn't waste energy making long-lasting memories of near-identical things. Repetitive occurrences just get filed away under 'same old'. But conscious distinct memory is what gives us our subjective impression of time; so the more routine our lives become, the more compressed time seems looking back, because there's less 'memory markers' for the same periods of time.

You probably notice that any time you say, go on holiday to some place you've never been where you have lots of completely new impressions, while time may seem to fly in the moment because you're enjoying yourself, in recall it seems 'stretched' - wait, was I REALLY only away for 2 weeks?! I seem to have made 2 month's worth of experiences!
This is because a new unfamiliar environment returns you to the mental state you existed in when you took nothing about the world for granted, and the passage of time appears more 'filled' with things.

As well as novelty of experience, there's also emotional significance to consider in memory formation. I can recall in detail the look and taste of the cake I got for my 10th birthday, but I couldn't tell you what I had a week ago today for dinner.

.. So in short, it's all to do with how the brain remembers events, and what registers permanently.

In order to combat this effect as much as possible, try and take yourself out of your comfort zone as much as your life allows. Do new things.
Discover newness in what you think is so familiar that you're not even paying any attention to it anymore - I recently decided to simply take a right-hand turn on the way home that I've never taken since I moved here because it wouldn't lead me in the right direction and there seemed no point. I discovered a beautiful new route which I will further explore, and that 40 min detour now sticks in my mind like an expedition.
Cook something different for a Christmas or birthday feast instead of what maybe you always routinely make. You will remember 'the first time we had xyz' whether it was a culinary triumph or a disaster. Do as much as you can of stuff that MATTERS to you. We can't escape having to do parts of our lives on autopilot, but there's little ways of taking yourself out of that.

Last edited:
No there were different generations who all notices it. Time didn't fly for my parents the way it did for me or my sister until around the same time and there were three generations who noticed it at different life stages but at around the same time.
I get it no matter what I say some dickheads will always say the opposite, just because they don't like me and if I said no they would say yes. Trolls.