• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why would anyone "parachute" instead of chewing? This seems ridiculous and a myth that needs busting!

never had time release x pills...
me neither

But I had supposedly super MDMA from an university lab. That took forever to kick in and lasted way longer that usual. The form provided was powder that was put in a capsule by the friend that dealt them.

It was not MDA that's for sure. But it was not typical MDMA. I disliked it, others raved about it. Back then pill's, the good ones!, had my preference.

I wouldn't parachute it using paper, people still do this?crush it up gel cap good to go

I havent heard of it in a way long time, shit this is the first ive heard it mentioned in like 10 years lol
Ugh the paper does 0 for what they are attempting and I can't find the bio avaliabity of it gel capped vs nor and if its as subject to acidity as Adderall.

Last2 times a month ago got hella dizzy scared the shit outta me from putting it crushed into a gel cap, vs into water to drink.

Won't use I.V or smoke anymore.. i.v nearly killed me a decade of opiates and I thought oh yeH shoot up meth why not, only to have amphetamine psychosis for over a month. A terrifying terrifying month of banging on the walls and people outside ready to kill me lmfao

Besides the probably harmless but silly idea of eating paper, can someone please explain if there is a specific formulation of a specific substance that benefits from this rather than chewing?

I am thinking about the usual opiates like hydrocodone, oxycodone, percocet, vicodin (yes, I know that several of those are the exact same thing) which have a bioavailability best achieved orally over any other method.
Even without APAP, you may get more of a rush or quicker acting experience from snorting, but someone please just confirm for me that making the most out of these medications is simply swallowing them, and that chewing them up to a fine paste with zero crumbles left before swallowing it is the way to get the most out of it.

Do people do this because they can't tolerate the 30 seconds to 1 minute bitterness of chewing up some pills?

Again, I realize that snorting may be faster onset- but you lose 50% of the bioavailability, and that plugging may avoid some metabolism but is still WAY LESS bioavailable...

So am I correct in that the highest bioavailability for these specific substances would just be chewing them up and swallowing them?

If not, why?

Even if plugging them is the same bioavailability, the amount you would lose by the time you crushed everything up and put it in some kind of enema type thing seems like it would be a total waste of time. And there is no way that just coating a tablet with some lube and sticking it up your butt would be an efficient way of making the most.

I am mainly asking because I need to make the most of my medications and there are thousands of threads suggesting that there is a better way than just chewing 'em up and swallowing them. I am not squeamish about any of this but need some answers.
Some drugs just work better parachuted such as mephedrone and it's s lot easier swallowing a rizla then eating chewing X amounts of drugs I can't imagine how bitter mdma and mcat would be if I chewed and swallowed them

Some drugs just work better parachuted such as mephedrone and it's s lot easier swallowing a rizla then eating chewing X amounts of drugs I can't imagine how bitter mdma and mcat would be if I chewed and swallowed them
Meth gives a very similar feeling swallowed to mdma first time use if its pure. Id put in water, but can get wasted on sides glass, gel caps are my go to. Crushed up product