• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why would anyone "parachute" instead of chewing? This seems ridiculous and a myth that needs busting!

Harmredux

Bluelighter
Besides the probably harmless but silly idea of eating paper, can someone please explain if there is a specific formulation of a specific substance that benefits from this rather than chewing?

I am thinking about the usual opiates like hydrocodone, oxycodone, percocet, vicodin (yes, I know that several of those are the exact same thing) which have a bioavailability best achieved orally over any other method.
Even without APAP, you may get more of a rush or quicker acting experience from snorting, but someone please just confirm for me that making the most out of these medications is simply swallowing them, and that chewing them up to a fine paste with zero crumbles left before swallowing it is the way to get the most out of it.

Do people do this because they can't tolerate the 30 seconds to 1 minute bitterness of chewing up some pills?

Again, I realize that snorting may be faster onset- but you lose 50% of the bioavailability, and that plugging may avoid some metabolism but is still WAY LESS bioavailable...

So am I correct in that the highest bioavailability for these specific substances would just be chewing them up and swallowing them?

If not, why?

Even if plugging them is the same bioavailability, the amount you would lose by the time you crushed everything up and put it in some kind of enema type thing seems like it would be a total waste of time. And there is no way that just coating a tablet with some lube and sticking it up your butt would be an efficient way of making the most.

I am mainly asking because I need to make the most of my medications and there are thousands of threads suggesting that there is a better way than just chewing 'em up and swallowing them. I am not squeamish about any of this but need some answers.

Maybe cause some of the pills or powder taste really bad . I can see why people would parachute Kratom . I have come to love the taste of my OxyContin , I always chew them or just leave under my tongue for a while .

The best case I have for bombing is MDMA. If you chew it and hold it in your mouth it will eat through your skin.

If it's just pain pills and you don't mind the taste chew it! Some will be absorbed sublingually which will boost rate to peak plasma level some as well.

Maybe cause some of the pills or powder taste really bad . I can see why people would parachute Kratom . I have come to love the taste of my OxyContin , I always chew them or just leave under my tongue for a while .
I really enjoy the taste and texture when I take my oxy sublingual. But the phenibut I had was so sour and acidic that I would start gagging. I used to parachute it for that reason.

The ONLY thing in the entire world I wouldn't chew is Lunesta. It's about a hundred times more bitter than anything else on Earth.

I am a scientific type and looked up bioavailability on just about everything and plugging - unless formulated as a suppository- is a huge waste. First of all the preparation is an hour, and there's no way you aren't going to lose significant amounts throughout the process. Then there is the matter of just the right amount of water. I'm not even taking points off yet for the chance of perforating your tissue down there or the unpleasant cleanup.

Time yourself and get back to me- from start to finish. Grinding to disposing of evidence. I am betting half hour easy.
I have tried it a half dozen times over the last 10 years, and between stuff getting stuck in the oral syringe (whatcha gonna do a second bump of water or suck the rest out?0 IT HAS GOTTEN HALF THE EFFECTS FOR 10 TIMES THE EFFORT.

Seriously (sry for caps, not yelling feel like crap and not retyping), I want you to time yourself with like 50 mgs (or you tell me) of percs or similar. Even with perfect mortar and pestle size that right there is ten mins.

I dunno, maybe you are only taking 1 pill and have a particularly permeable sphincter.

It does not take an hour to disolve something in water. I guess all the studies on the bioavailability of rectal roa are wrong, or maybe they don't factor in "disposing of the evidence" in their method because it's not very scientific.

Time yourself and get back to me- from start to finish. Grinding to disposing of evidence. I am betting half hour easy.
I have tried it a half dozen times over the last 10 years, and between stuff getting stuck in the oral syringe (whatcha gonna do a second bump of water or suck the rest out?0 IT HAS GOTTEN HALF THE EFFECTS FOR 10 TIMES THE EFFORT.

Seriously (sry for caps, not yelling feel like crap and not retyping), I want you to time yourself with like 50 mgs (or you tell me) of percs or similar. Even with perfect mortar and pestle size that right there is ten mins.

I dunno, maybe you are only taking 1 pill and have a particularly permeable sphincter.
Some people just seem to be obsessed with putting anything they can up their arse.

There are many Bluelighters who openly admit that they know other ROA's have a higher Bioavailability than plugging, yet they continue to do so.

Some people just seem to be obsessed with putting anything they can up their arse.

There are many Bluelighters who openly admit that they know other ROA's have a higher Bioavailability than plugging, yet they continue to do so.

Name an instance… Far as I’ve seen it’s only done to increase bioavailability and/or to alter the effects somehow.

I’m someone willing to try rectal and have shoved quite a few drugs up my ass, but the only drugs I’ve found to actually be worth it so far is morphine and morphine esters (like heroin). That said, if their pure enough I’d rather snort em but rectal is good too.

-GC

You just scared you’ll hurt delicate asshole? Come on bro, the kids are all about the butt these days, and you sound like a frightened child scared to put things in your ass. Get with it dude it’s all butt stuff now. Resistance is futile.

Intravenous is the only ROA that has a higher bioavailability, but plugging most drugs is a better option to IV and rapid onset of action gives you that rush and is much safer option to IV harm reduction wise. It’s is a great way to get more bang for your buck, as opposed to just snorting them or taking them orally. You need less drug to get the same high using rectal absorption.
I much prefer a woman's tongue up my arsehole tbh.
Name an instance… Far as I’ve seen it’s only done to increase bioavailability and/or to alter the effects somehow.

I’m someone willing to try rectal and have shoved quite a few drugs up my ass, but the only drugs I’ve found to actually be worth it so far is morphine and morphine esters (like heroin). That said, if their pure enough I’d rather snort em but rectal is good too.

-GC
If you read your post cafefully you've just made my exact point for me. ;)

I much prefer a woman's tongue up my arsehole tbh.

If you read your post cafefully you've just made my exact point for me. ;)

No not really… You said “There are many Bluelighters who openly admit that they know other ROA's have a higher Bioavailability than plugging, yet they continue to do so.”

I try the route mainly with the intention of increased bioavailability as I’ve stated before elsewhere, and it’s also the reason I have only done many of those drugs via that route one time. Morphine is more bioavailable rectal than any other ROA besides IV.

So while I’m willing to experiment, I’ve yet to really find too many drugs that are worth the trouble. What I mean by that is despite the increased BA for some drugs, it’s not enough where just taking more of said drug doesn’t seem the better solution.

All drugs except morphine and relatives, because that shit doesn’t just grow on trees, it grows in war torn nations.

So again I ask, where are you seeing these “people” that are doing drugs up their ass despite knowing they could just say eat it, smoke it, or snort it for better results?

Your willing to subject some poor gal to your hairy stanky butthole but won’t put drugs up there? I don’t get that.

-GC

Last edited:
Wizard, I have no hang ups with butts, it just never worked. In fact I have liquid opium that didn't work, and that's an alcohol based suspension so I am willing to put my arse on the line.
I know the first bypass avoidance- but that's not always desirable. For edible pot, yes.

For some opioids (the only drugs I care about), you need first pass metabolism.

And then there's the equipment you bering up. I work in a lab, I have everything I could possibly want at my disposal, but crushing 6-7 perc or norco into powder fine enough to dissolve is no 30 second thing.

So Mr. Wizard, I ask again, how many are you taking and why can't you just hit the stopwatch on your phone to time it ?

I think the correct answer is Parachuting is strictly a Molly thing- one person says it burns delicate tissue and another is horrific to chew. This makes 100% sense to me now, I was way too old when Molly arrived and never tried it, and true "X" - MDMA- was probably a rarity or at least cut with some caustic RC's in the days when you kids were raving.

The ONLY thing in the entire world I wouldn't chew is Lunesta. It's about a hundred times more bitter than anything else on Earth.

I am a scientific type and looked up bioavailability on just about everything and plugging - unless formulated as a suppository- is a huge waste. First of all the preparation is an hour, and there's no way you aren't going to lose significant amounts throughout the process. Then there is the matter of just the right amount of water. I'm not even taking points off yet for the chance of perforating your tissue down there or the unpleasant cleanup.

Plugging takes me like 5 minutes, nowhere near an hour. I mostly just eat things, or snort some things, but there are certain drugs where I find plugging to be the best option. I also recommend to people that are looking for an alternative to injecting to plug, or recommend to people who are considering IM injection to plug instead, since it's much safer and this is a harm reduction forum. You can't get an abscess from plugging like you can with IM, and for many drugs, plugging is very similar to IM injection. Not all, of course. If plugging isn't something you want to do, well that's cool. But it's still safer than using needles, and quite effective for many drugs. You won't perforate your tissue if you lubricate, that's a non-issue if you're doing it right.

I have taken capsules of powderderd MDMA. Not on purpose but because the suplier provided them like that.

But they took longer to kick in and when they kicked in it were slow waves.

The pills that were available at that time. TT's. With an lower dosage then the cap's. Despite this they felt better and kicked in faster. I believe both were tested and were both clean MDMA with no adulterant's. So that is my experience, it doesn't matter.

Wizard, of course there are... MOST opiates need first pass like oxycodone into oxymorphone or similar.
Tell me I am wrong.
Even THC is TOTALLY DIFFERENT taken orally vs. decarboxylated by smoking.