• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why pick opiates over alcohol?

Oh, and by the way, the "Raid" thing does work! SWIM has witnessed it and will say that it is only a temporary fix, as it loses its 'mimic' of some sort of speed and really goons you out after about the 2nd day. It looks like what you would think is ice shards, but it will melt to a slickish goo after about day 3.

SOURCE

Notice this guy's saying it mimics speed initially. Very interesting.

You're right....Alcohol is more "intense"

But I'd pick opiates over Alcohol ANY day....opiates gives me a feeling that alcohol doesn't....that's a very good feeling of well being and happiness

I find that i drink because i dont have a steady opiate connect or enough money for what i really want.

how can you even compare the two.
if you drink alcohol you can not work or do anything productive, but with opiate u can actually do anything even better. also alcohol causes more damage to the body than opiate, drink alcohol everyday for 10 years and see what happens. but not with opate

The only benefit of alcohol is easy to access and cheap.

I enjoy both, and certainly for going to work or relaxing on your own opioids feel fucking amazing!

BUT, on opiates I've never found myself on a mission at 5 in the morning with a group of friends; I've never pulled a girl and fucked her senseless; I've never went out and danced my tits off etc. etc.

Booze, for me, is a much more social intoxicant and I think SOME people who are in to a lot of opiates and ESPECIALLY those who take a lot of cannabis or ecstasy tend to shun it as shit, when it actually brings many people a lot of joy.

Sure, some people become dickheads who punch nuns and shit, but then some people become scheming, horrible, theiving, soulless smack heads.

I fucking love opioids by the way, so this isn't an attack on them.

Hooray for booze! And opiates, too.

Not that my opinion is right, but seriously, why would you do this? I know some people can't drink without vomiting, but same goes for opiates. By far, alcohol is more intense. I've had IV morphine, insufflated oxycontin, oral oxycontin, oral hydrocodone, and oral codeine. None of which compare in the intensity of a good alcohol buzz, even before the point of vomiting. Hangovers suck, but are avoidable, and I'm sure opiate withdrawal sucks more.

I don't do either of these drugs anymore. But from what I remember, I never really had opiate cravings until I stopped drinking alcohol, because I loved it so much more.

Not to say mixing the two, or throwing a benzo in there isn't fun...just don't mix vicodin or anything with acetaminophen in them...

Edit: I was saying opiate withdrawals suck more than hangovers. I'm not an idiot. I know alcohol withdrawals are worse. Sorry for the confusion.

I drank when I was in college heavily. Hated next day hangovers & I would drive drunk like a retard but I was lucky that I never killed anyone or never got a DUI. I stopped drinking 7 years ago. I drank to get drunk & when I did that, I would get out of control, altho I was always a happy drunk & loved everyone, you would lose control of yourelf & not know what you did the following day.

I started doing Vicodin for pain & like the way it makes me feel also. I tried Vicodin & percs 10 years ago but they made me too nauseated & I didnt touch them again until last year for back pain. As far as comparing opiates to alcohol, no comparison in my book. You can be on opiates & know exactly what you are doing.

Sex & light alcohol was great but when I would get super drunk, I was mr limpdick. Opiates & sex is great for me, I love having sex on them.

Of course there is reason to caution any drug for fear of addiction but as humans, we tend to get bored, or we want to lower our inhibitions when we are around a sexy girl & so on so we choose our fav drug & go with it.

As far as which one has more of a wicked withdrawal, I would definitely say alcohol. I saw my uncle withrawaling from alcohol & he was having seizures & it didnt look like fun. Im sure both opiates & alcohol have their moments when you're withrawaling but I would choose opiates over alcohol if I would have to choose an addiction.

I'd Give Up Alcohol Forever, For A Supply Of Opiates..
Alcohol Is A Sometimes Thing, As For Opiates- I Can Go To Work, Class, Ect.

I'd Give Up Alcohol Forever, For A Supply Of Opiates..
Alcohol Is A Sometimes Thing, As For Opiates- I Can Go To Work, Class, Ect.

Exactly! You can function on opiates while doing every day tasks. You cant do the same on alcohol.

This post is like saying caffeine feels better than cocaine, it makes no sense. I mean objectively, opiates create way more dopamine than alcohol. Although the OP could have genetic alcoholism, if all his previous generations were big drinkers, he could have inheritted the craving.

This post is like saying caffeine feels better than cocaine, it makes no sense. I mean objectively, opiates create way more dopamine than alcohol. Although the OP could have genetic alcoholism, if all his previous generations were big drinkers, he could have inheritted the craving.

No its not at all. Prove it. Im guessing you're an opiate addict. The thing about opiates is that they dont let you go without a big mental fight. I can drink every weekend. It is positively great. Sure, I might get a little hangover, but the next day im in tip top shape.

Now, if I took opiates instead of alcochol im sure that it would be great and meaningful and contemplative and euphoric unlike the sloppiness and vulgarity of the alcohol buzz, but for the next three days after it would be tearing at my fucking heart asking me for a little bit, because 'it will make you feel right'. I just dont get that fucking bullshit with alcohol, and im almost positive that a hefty percentage of NON-ADDICTS would agree with my sentiment.

What kind of load do you put on your mind after a single opiate dose? A huge one. It makes sense really, endorphin and its cousin are at the heart of every pure, euphorically relaxing moment of your life. When you even mess with that homeostasis just a tiny bit (meaning getting a good dose in there), you're 'off' for at least a week. Even if just a bit, having less endorphin than usual just chaffs at the inner core of your spirit like nothing else, the pain is there just below the surface.

Its not about what gives you more or 'better' euphoria, most of us would definitely concur with opiates. Its about: "Why pick one over the other?" Well I just tole you why I pick booze over opiates, and I realize that I generalized my feelings quite a bit and I apologize for that but I have a hunch that many would agree with me. I want OBJECTIVE responses to my post. That means imagine yourself completely free of both substances physically and mentally; now in this society (right now) to function the way you want and still be able to survive, which gets the nod?

Well let me just start by saying I am an alcoholic who considers his DOC as opiates, codeine when my tolerance is low as I find overall it is the most euphoric high, otherwise I like #4 heroin.

Where I live opiates (except codeine and dihydrocodeine which are OTC) are very expensive where alcohol is not in particular. I love opiates but I could barely afford to maintain a moderate habit if I were to abstain from all other drugs. As it happens I use quite a few drugs, in particular I smoke weed and drink alcohol daily.

The thing is I can manage and sort of limit my addictions to weed and alcohol where I know if I use opiates daily eventually my habit will become well beyond my means. I would love to be constantly opiated because honestly, they just make me feel right, but if I were to do so I would lose everything financially and the respect of my friends and family, as well as my place of residence.. this is not the case with alcohol.

I very rarely feel sick from alcohol, yet I also rarely do from opiates. Despite frequent opiate use I actually threw up last night off opiates for the first time in like 2 years, and that was after a long break from opiates and a longer one from heroin. In general once you are tolerant opiates are much less nauseating than alcohol, while I find with a tolerance neither make me sick whilst I am high. But, when I drink heavily my appetite is fucked, I tend to find when opiates wear off or the day after a good night opiate dose I have a raging appetite. I don't think there is any disputing that opiates are more euphoric or more healthy than alcohol.

No its not at all. Prove it. Im guessing you're an opiate addict. The thing about opiates is that they dont let you go without a big mental fight. I can drink every weekend. It is positively great. Sure, I might get a little hangover, but the next day im in tip top shape.

So you can drink without mussing your hair, but not everyone can. I know that, for me and for others, being in "tip top shape" is just not going to happen after a night of drinking.

But, on the other hand, I can binge on opiates without feeling the least bit down the day after. In fact, we just copped not long ago and blew bags to our faces for two days. I went to work today, and I feel fine.

That isn't to say that everyone can do what I do, either. But, you know, it really is different strokes for different folks.

EDIT: And I would be very, very interested in hearing what an alcoholic has to say about alcohol and its ability to "let go without a big mental fight."

Like someone above me also said, i'd never drink alcohol ever again in return for a lifetime supply of opiates.

So you can drink without mussing your hair, but not everyone can. I know that, for me and for others, being in "tip top shape" is just not going to happen after a night of drinking.

But, on the other hand, I can binge on opiates without feeling the least bit down the day after. In fact, we just copped not long ago and blew bags to our faces for two days. I went to work today, and I feel fine.

That isn't to say that everyone can do what I do, either. But, you know, it really is different strokes for different folks.

EDIT: And I would be very, very interested in hearing what an alcoholic has to say about alcohol and its ability to "let go without a big mental fight."

I meant the next day AFTER the hangover. One doesn't have to be an addict to choose one or the other. Essentially, the mental w/d of alcohol appears to me much more manageable, but I definitely agree that everyone is different.