• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why pick opiates over alcohol?

Opiates alone, but fuck opiates if im chillin with a bunch of friends, and we can each throw 2 dollars and get drunk and have a fun ol time! Opiates everyday after tho ;}

Takes too long to get drunk, I can shoot up opiates and be high in seconds, if you could shoot alcohol, Id be all about it

One of the best things about dope is the fascinating people you meet. It's quite an adventure for a clean cut white boy to venture out into the public housing projects. You see cool things like people lying in the hallway, talking to themselves, covered in their own piss and vomit. And the women (or "bitches", as they are commonly called) there are awesome. They know me by name and fetish. They'll come up to me and say something cool like "I'll let you have my ass for a bag and a rock."

You just don't get this kind of excitement with alcohol.

Alcohol totally diminishes brain function. Some people want to live a good portion of their lives in a boring stupor, I can't do it.

simple: i like the effects of opiates more than the effects of alcohol. was never a big drinker anyways

I'm pretty naive, but I always thought the addictive power of opiates outweighed that of alcohol.

Alcohol is pleasant but calorific, next day is crap, people get aggressive.

On codeine, kratom or morphine which I have done moderately, its all good.

Alcohol I only want to drink rarely, monthly maybe.
If there were no negative side, opiates would be daily.

As it is, I partake lightly every other week, alternating with phenibut.

Every substance mentioned is legal without prscription in the uk.

a lot of the downsides ya'll mention about alcohol (hangovers, sloppy, etc.) actually work out as benefits for me, as they make it a lot less tempting to drink all day every day.

likewise, i'd rather wake up hungover with memories of meeting people and having fun the night before than wake up feeling fine after a night by myself on the couch.

Oh, man, there are so many reasons to choose opiates over not just alcohol but other substances as well.

First, I hate having to drink and drink and drink to feel buzzed. It takes forever, and I'm not a big guy either. I want to be buzzed now, right now and without having to step out every twenty minutes to take a piss. Then, three or four drinks and sixteen bathroom-stops later, I am drunk only to wake up the next morning and puke my stomach out into the toilet.

But opiates, on the other hand, work quickly without inducing nausea or hang-over like symptoms. (This may not be true for everyone, but is true for me.) Furthermore, opiates change one's perspective just enough without much potential for the anxiety or paranoid-like effects that other substances have. (Again, this may not be true for everyone.) In fact, I feel comfortable enough to drive after taking a healthy dose of opiates. The same is not true, in my experience, after taking benzos, smoking weed or drinking.

And it's true that there is the social aspect to drinking. I wouldn't say that I am anti-social, but you know, sometimes it is nice to spend time alone, put on a movie or some music and relax. Going to a bar, drinking, saying something stupid to someone you care about, making new bar friends you will likely never see again... that sums up my bar-hopping experience in a nutshell, and I can definitely do without all that.

I still love a drink but opiates have there place for pain & sedation. Thing is i don't enjoy alcohol so much since i became addicted to morphine so think about that.

Anybody find they're more of a 'pussy' about hangovers since using opiates for an extended time?

Last edited:
Yall.. comparing opiates and ethanol is like comparing apples to oranges, know what i mean?

No, I haven't the slightest idea what you mean. Do you prefer apples, or do you prefer oranges? Come to some conclusion, and then explain your reasoning.

For example, I prefer oranges to apples because apples do that gross thing where they oxidize and turn brown after being bitten into and sitting out for a short while.

See? Now you try: alcohol or opiates?

No, I haven't the slightest idea what you mean. Do you prefer apples, or do you prefer oranges? Come to some conclusion, and then explain your reasoning.

For example, I prefer oranges to apples because apples do that gross thing where they oxidize and turn brown after being bitten into and sitting out for a short while
See? Now you try: alcohol or opiates?

Thanks for the smart ass remark buddy!!!!!

Let me elaborate. All i meant by that fruity analogy is they are different substances, useful for different purposes.

For instance, if i wanted to socialize with friends and acquaintances, i would definitely prefer booze to opiates, because it tends to make me..uh.. less inhibited. So, i am not self conscious at all when on booze, and i am more sociable, etc..

Heroin 8) just makes me feel good, and doing nothin much just chillin is great. Its not a social drug though. So heroin isnt as fun as boozin it up. And i wont hook up with fat chicks on heroin either :eek:

And i dont get hangovers :)