• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why is weed mainly smoked?

= Joking.

But for real, I will never prefer edible cannabis. The high is way too strong, it's like a psychedelic trip honestly if you aren't careful. Gives me major anxiety, definitely don't like it.
Remember, weed affects everyone differently. Also, everyone has a different natural tolerance level - as well as a drug tolerance level - that decreases over the period that you use it. Yes, it is very strong. And it can be very powerful if used incorrectly. I would say a powerful gummy high with low tolerance in crippling pain would probably be one of the worst experiences on this planet that wouldn't kill you. However, the reverse of that is, if used properly (i.e. in the safety of your own room where you can control most of the variables/random events), you can experience immense euphoria that isn't really comparable to anything else.

Again, since weed affects everyone differently this is my experience and thus my advice/experience will not apply to everyone.

The high is controllable in small dosages and you of course will build tolerance.

I keep seeing people in this thread talk about using gummies to sleep, who the hell started that trend?

When I grew up, you smoked bongs or joints. Those were pretty much the only options. Edibles were a rarity.

Change takes time.

I prefer tincture over smoking for a shorter duration / delta 8 high. Smoking is bad for your teeth, your gums, your throat, your lungs, etc. When people die in fires, they most often die from smoke inhalation. Smoke is not good for you.

Swishing infused MCT oil is good for your teeth. Ayurvedic medicine has included "oil pulling" for centuries. It also reportedly has numerous other health benefits.

Smoking also stinks so it makes me more paranoid in certain situations, whereas - with tincture - I can literally get high on the train.

People are slowly coming around.

Agreed, 100%.

Vaping is superior to smoking in almost every way.
This is interesting, this is the second time I've heard someone say gummies weren't really a major thing until recently. It's a shame really, but definitely must have contributed to it being last place in comparison to the smoking method.

Hopefully we live in a reality where eventually gummies will be such a popular method there will be more people like me who only are interested in gummies and nothing else.

For edibles I do caramels, pumpkin pie or rarely cookies. I like caramels cuz they seem more potent (maybe all the fat and extra time being further decarbed?) and store really well. I can keep em in the freezer for years.

My favorite edible was from 10+yrs ago. We used to have this old hippie guy, everyone called him cookie john. He’d walk around town moving them out of his backpack, you’d see him at shows the only guy with a bag on cuz security seemed to like him. Eventually he got popped but it was a good run.

He made a lot of edibles but he was known for these chocolate peanut butter cups he would make. They were like giant Reese’s. It seemed he would scoop some peanut butter mixture into those little solo sauce cups, then fill the rest with chocolate.

He also had variations on his traditional peanut butter cups, using different fillings. He had a Mocha, Blueberry, and others I can’t think of right now. It was fun trying his special flavors he’d have on hand, the mocha ones would actually wake ya up a bit.

I’ve tried to replicate his edibles since but yet to make them. What was even more interesting was his price for them, we could never figure out how he was able to sell them for so cheap. (Back then especially with how expensive weed was then.) I’d heard through my friend that he had experimented over the years and optimized the process to get the highest yield/strongest edibles he could.

-GC
An interesting and fascinating story, thanks for sharing. The flavor is pretty meaningless to me, however each brand of gummies supposedly produces a different effect. It's pretty hard to know which ones are the best due to them being X brand or if it's just because you have low tolerance and thus got a good high.

I'll always only do legal dispensary gummies personally though, that's just me though.

Everywhere I look it's the same degenerate talk about how people want an instantaneous high using pipes and all of this other shit. I absolutely hate smoking with a passion, I hate the smell, and I hate the image it has made weed. So, why aren't gummies the more popular method? They are much safer, there's no terrible smell, the high is much more strong, and since it isn't instantaneous there is much less risk of addiction. Of course, even without the lung damage if you take a potent amount of weed gummies each day just like with smoking your risk of developing some insane mental condition skyrockets through the roof. That goes with abusing any drug, although I'd argue that with gummies the risk is far lower.

Full disclosure, I don't smoke and never will, so obviously I am a bit biased. But so are the people who mainly smoke as their form of consumption.
That is your opinion. Not a fan of edibles, takes too long.
Doesn't rly push me, the body feeling is too overwhelming.

Not my kind of shoe. Thanks for listing all the ways in which smoking is inferior.
I prefer the taste and smell, I like the taste and smell.
Burnt weed I love that smell, mhhm. And I'm sure there's many that agree, I can already think of about a dozen of friends who love the smell.

Actually with gummies the risk is far higher, please don't guess this kind of shit?
The gummies are super concentrated. Take a 25mg gummie, you might think that is not much,
but If you put 1gram of weed into a joint, do you know how much you get?
100mg from the entire joint. 100mg of weed, not THC, you gotta apply the THC%age here. And then you gotta filter a bit more for lung capacity, time inbetween puffs etc. The gummies are 25mg THC iirc, so like a full 1g joint that you can take in a second, totally not dangerous, man.

Having said all that 1g in a joint is so fucking much. However, the chance that you'll get problems is still low,
because you have to smoke the thing first, where you already feel the effects and can adjust how much you smoke. With gummies you can just shove a bunch in your mouth, happens in a few seconds, and you get the effect much later. Much easier to misdose, specially for unexperienced ppl.

Some ppl tend to redose with their first time edibles, because they think it's not doing much, and then it kicks in.
We already had deaths from taking too many of these gummies, never heard of someone dying from a joint.

You're not just a bit biased, you're totally biased.
People like smoking, even if you don't
Many are smokers anyways, and smoke weed instead of nicotine then,
because they can't stop smoking altogether.

I know many ppl who used smoking weed to get off cigarettes,
I'm one of them too. So, high horse, dude? Not everything you don't like is automatically bad.

Last edited:
Love homeade edibles!

best ive ever made involved
northern lights - sweetened condensed milk - belgium dark chocolate
and about 14 hours in a slow cooker

Edit: oh, and a big dose of sunflower lecithin
swear it makes thecome up quicker & stronger

Last edited:
An interesting and fascinating story, thanks for sharing. The flavor is pretty meaningless to me, however each brand of gummies supposedly produces a different effect. It's pretty hard to know which ones are the best due to them being X brand or if it's just because you have low tolerance and thus got a good high.

I'll always only do legal dispensary gummies personally though, that's just me though.

I actually not a fan gummies in comparison, I’ve tried a lot of different brands and most (from OR, CO, IL, MI) are lackluster or give me headaches. (The IL crap gives me headaches..) I find the fat is big for bioavailability, and chocolate has synergy with cannabinoids too.

The edibles I make at home are much more full body and euphoric, gummies seem more in my head and less intense overall. I can’t get to the same place, and I believe it has to do with the use of distillates in the gummies vs a more full spectrum canna butter.

I’ve made a fair amount of edibles with concentrates and while they’re decent they aren’t as good as butter made straight from flower.

-GC

I actually not a fan gummies in comparison, I’ve tried a lot of different brands and most (from OR, CO, IL, MI) are lackluster or give me headaches. (The IL crap gives me headaches..) I find the fat is big for bioavailability, and chocolate has synergy with cannabinoids too.

The edibles I make at home are much more full body and euphoric, gummies seem more in my head and less intense overall. I can’t get to the same place, and I believe it has to do with the use of distillates in the gummies vs a more full spectrum canna butter.

I’ve made a fair amount of edibles with concentrates and while they’re decent they aren’t as good as butter made straight from flower.

-GC
I'm sorry to hear that, that's pretty depressing that the legal gummies gave you headaches. I assume something is added or used during the process of creating them that could be the cause of the reaction. I don't think I'll ever make homemade gummies due to the commitment and time required, although it's pretty interesting that they work way better for you and are more euphoric.

-GC
I SWEAR using sunflower lecithin, like 3 heaped teaspoons to 14 grams weed say, heating in our coconut oil, really does improve result.

Yes, too. I bought a good rosin press 2018. On paper, same organic herb, vaping pure rosin, zero plant matter, much gentler on my respiratory allergies.

We grew a big outdoor crop too, 8 Autos, 31 OZ's.

But I was very allergic to the pure rosin. My immune system outright rejected it and I suffered intolerably it was impossible to use but the very same flower it was pressed from I do still suffer allergenic symptoms to anything except water really but it is manageable and comfortable depending on my respiratory infection level primarily which is interesting like no infection at all and I probably would not have the allergy but there is always at least some infection and most of the time a reasonable or considerable amount but this is getting better.

But my immune system is like this my theory is that it did not recognise the concentrate so it did its abnormal thing and flagged an alarm response because this happens with anything and everything where that has to be the only possible explanation and is how these things occur.

But regardless the general consensus among the worldwide experienced cannabis extract and flower vaporizing community is that concentrates ultimately lack the fullness of experience and feeling that flower can provide.

Some really high end vaporizing devices here too. It's so economical, gentle, does not smell, gets me very high too.

Honestly if anybody ever wants some directions or recommendations for some very high quality cannabis vaporizers I can assist there.

I do actually really like edibles but I would not be happy on my desert island with edibles only I still vaporize every day but if I did not have edibles on hand then I am really missing something it's a combination of everything which works best for me.

The thing about edibles for myself at least they can be the most remarkable remedy for the stomach and gut and keeping it healthy and in flow especially relieving upset and indigestion when it's a chronic problem I could not dispense with the cannabis edibles for this reason alone but I love taking a big dose on a regular basis and just enjoying the effect as well.

@AutoTripper

Have you experimented with sublingual tincture?

December Flower said:
So, high horse, dude? Not everything you don't like is automatically bad.

Smoke is obsolete. If you're going to inhale something, just vape it. Smoking is an poor man's vape. Vaping is a poor man's tincture. (IMO)

@AutoTripper

Have you experimented with sublingual tincture?

Smoke is obsolete. If you're going to inhale something, just vape it. Smoking is an poor man's vape. Vaping is a poor man's tincture. (IMO)
Not with alcohol. Can't do alcohol whatsoever.

It's ruled out an awful lot over time, herbal remedy wise.

The homeopathy I get, the lady specially prepares each remedy on day of collection in H2O, standardly alcohol based to preserve.

It needs fridging my water ones, and a decline in potency sooner but still works all the way, it's only 4-5 weeks course.

Alcohol tincture is shit, agreed. I hate holding alcohol under my tongue. It's probably worse than smoking.

I meant MCT tincture. The batch I have at the moment is too diluted. Next time I make it I'm going to do an alcohol wash then evaporate the alcohol and mix it into MCT. I am trying to replace smoking/vaping with sublingual. My throat is too damaged to inhale anything hot.

Alcohol tincture is shit, agreed. I hate holding alcohol under my tongue. It's probably worse than smoking.

I meant MCT tincture. The batch I have at the moment is too diluted. Next time I make it I'm going to do an alcohol wash then evaporate the alcohol and mix it into MCT. I am trying to replace smoking/vaping with sublingual. My throat is too damaged to inhale anything hot.
Yes MCT oil is tolerable, but I've never had a tincture. Plain old infused coconut oil does suffice though.

It's really not a problem. I have other problems.

No 1 & 2 joint, and actually it turns out directly related- Covid and haemorrhoids from hell.

Once I get past that I really should be dandy. The Rifing is working. Age reversal. Bodily regeneration at cellular level.

My skin has never been so elastic, smooth, clean. All my scars are healing. Newer ones just vanished suddenly. Old all lit up white, fading away.

And suddenly, I can digest food for first time in decades.

I'm starving. I can't fast anymore. Which is the only way I was escaping hellfire.

But I have at last a course of homeopathy. It will improve everything pretty quick, and go a good way to repairing the nerve damage from Long Covid's.

So I'm optimistic.

AutoTripper said:
haemorrhoids from hell

I had mine surgically removed. I wish I did it earlier. I've had major problems down there, including a fissure and a fistula that both needed to be corrected surgically.

Haemorrhoids are an easy fix. If they are external, they can do it without putting you under. The internal ones required major anaesthetic and are relatively costly, but you should be covered for the bulk of the cost in the UK.

I don't subscribe to the homemade belief. I get all my gummies from dispensaries, if possible I think everyone should do the same. I personally don't like mixing weed into any foods, and I think it's just gross. More power to the people that can eat it like that, I guess?

God i wish i could thumb down this post ...

I had mine surgically removed. I wish I did it earlier. I've had major problems down there, including a fissure and a fistula that both needed to be corrected surgically.

Haemorrhoids are an easy fix. If they are external, they can do it without putting you under. The internal ones required major anaesthetic and are relatively costly, but you should be covered for the bulk of the cost in the UK.

Really?.....i have a hemmoroid from hell too

now if it pops in and out of my asshole, is it considered internal or external? sometimes it looks like i got shot it in the ass - it's a bad scene - i just try to manage it

a couple ppl i know who had them remeoved said they came back....and it was super painful when they had it banded

idk about any of that - that's why im like, fuck it - i'll just deal with it

-GC

You just said it all right there :cheers: