• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is codeine still used?

Excuse me? I said I have a problem with acetaminophen, because it is far too hepatotoxic for what it does. Ibuprofen and naproxen are just as effective analgesics, plus they also relieve inflammation and fever, which acetaminophen doesn't do.

Your liver is the most important organ in your body, and stressing it when you don't have to is stupid. Acetaminophen poisoning, which causes acute liver failure, is one of painful ways to die...vomiting blood, blindness, psychosis, and crippling abdominal pain is not in any way an easy, gentle death.

And by the time you show such symptoms, only an emergency liver transplant will save you, and good luck on getting one in time, you'll need it.

You need to explain why Vicoprofen and Combunox are available if Vicodin, Norco, and Percocet are available.

Seriously, calling me an ignorant junkie is completely uncalled for. Maybe you should read up on the toxicity of acetaminophen before you start calling me names.

Good for you, then maybe you should moderate your intake so you don't overdose. Shocking concept, I know.
Show me studies right now in which people's livers fail because they take a normal APAP dose. That's right, you can't.

And Lawl, your liver is hardly the most important organ in your body. It fucking regenerates for crying out loud.

If you want to get high then go shoot some dope and quit bitching about how tylenol is "toxic" with your track marks all over your arms. Class act, honestly. I'm sure the stamps that you skin pop off the street are just so much more safe.

It's impossible to imply that any organ "is the most important" the organs are like a team, each member has its role to play and if any fails then it affects the team as a whole.

Evey

Good for you, then maybe you should moderate your intake so you don't overdose. Shocking concept, I know.
Show me studies right now in which people's livers fail because they take a normal APAP dose. That's right, you can't.

And Lawl, your liver is hardly the most important organ in your body. It fucking regenerates for crying out loud.

If you want to get high then go shoot some dope and quit bitching about how tylenol is "toxic" with your track marks all over your arms. Class act, honestly. I'm sure the stamps that you skin pop off the street are just so much more safe.

I use micron filters. And I reconstitute my diacetylmorphine with bacteriostatic injection solution.

And if you don't believe me, excise your entire liver and tell me how long you expect to live. I'll give you 90 minutes, tops. Without your liver, toxins will accumulate in your bloodstream, bile wouldn't be produced, and coagulation factors wouldn't be made. Hope you like bleeding ammonia everywhere!

Tylenol is an incredible drug, you don't have to take it w/ food like other nsaids so it is great for w/d when you don't wanna eat much

Paracetomal is all most people need if they say otherwise then they just wanna get high which is selfish on the people who really need them

Paracetomal is all most people need if they say otherwise then they just wanna get high which is selfish on the people who really need them

Ibuprofen is superior because it's also an anti-inflammatory, and reducing inflammation can relieve pain as well. It's also an antipyretic, so it reduces fever.

Seriously, do you think narcotics and acetaminophen are the only analgesics that exist?

And when I was in severe pain from a severe case of localized necrotizing stomatitis, my first request for pain relief beyond ibuprofen wasn't a narcotic, it was a local anesthetic nerve block - the pain was so severe it was beyond the powers of analgesia; only anesthesia would suffice.

So don't say that everyone who rejects acetaminophen wants a narcotic; their pain may be so severe it's in the realm where only anesthesia will relieve it.

Oh Cheezy...just like everything Acetaminophen has its place, sometimes it won't even help a headache, but if Acetaminophen is all most people need for pain, then why don't all the hospitals just throw away all their useless hydromorphone.

I use micron filters. And I reconstitute my diacetylmorphine with bacteriostatic injection solution.

Yeah, I'm sure that makes it totally safe 8)

Besides, you could make that argument for any organ. Your point is moot. You are just a junkie who's mad that you can't gobble every pill since some have tylenol in them.

Ibuprofen is superior because it's also an anti-inflammatory, and reducing inflammation can relieve pain as well. It's also an antipyretic, so it reduces fever.

Seriously, do you think narcotics and acetaminophen are the only analgesics that exist?

And when I was in severe pain from a severe case of localized necrotizing stomatitis, my first request for pain relief beyond ibuprofen wasn't a narcotic, it was a local anesthetic nerve block - the pain was so severe it was beyond the powers of analgesia; only anesthesia would suffice.

So don't say that everyone who rejects acetaminophen wants a narcotic; their pain may be so severe it's in the realm where only anesthesia will relieve it.
APAP is a fever reducer too dumb fuck, and won't give you gastric ulcers.

Oh Cheezy...just like everything Acetaminophen has its place, sometimes it won't even help a headache, but if Acetaminophen is all most people need for pain, then why don't all the hospitals just throw away all their useless hydromorphone.
Tylenol is best for muscle pain, not headaches.

whether APAP is best or ibuprofen is doesnt matter.
acetaminophen has its place its medicine as do theo ther drugs discussed here.
OP isnt providing a valid argument, or any argument really that doesnt sound like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum, all kinds of outrage but unable to make an argument that isnt based solely on emotion.

jst not true paracentamol releaves no pain at al for me i would b aswell eating suger tabs even otc cocodamol ist anywhere neer strong enough i need at min 60mg codiene 2 slightly get any relief from pain 4 time a day if not then i need diffs para just an upset gut the only reason they have cocodamol is so ppl dnt abuse the codiene ,i get 30x30mg of phosphate every week, i no a guy that gets methadone or did get it for pain only he never had drugs in his life , now he gets on a trail basis a THC spray consentrate only a very selected ppl get this and 3 ppl in the uk at the time got methadone bye the ltr and he was 1 off them now tell me paracetamol is all he needs???

Last edited:
hydromorphone well u dnt get that here for a start but 2 me Acetaminophen or its real name paracetamol is mostly added 2 other drugs so ppl dnt abuse them or they will possibly die from trying 2 get high from the say opiate thats in them without a cwe Acetaminophen doese nothing at all for my pain the only true painkiller is opiates

Yeah, I'm sure that makes it totally safe 8)

Besides, you could make that argument for any organ. Your point is moot. You are just a junkie who's mad that you can't gobble every pill since some have tylenol in them.

I know how to do CWE.

One considered solution to this problem is one i hope will be deployed very soon and put the final nail in the coffin of these abusers would be to tinker witb the co codamol, make the codeine synthetic and edit the atoms to deactivate if it is seperated in anyway from the acetaminophen, but thats not all by tripling the doses in tablets such as co codamol the nhs will be able to slash abuse across the country for example make the 15/500s 15/1250s and the 30/500s 30/1300s this will stop all the horrible diseet abusr and undermining of our hard working strained health services i all this corruption and lies is making me so angry!

From someone who suffered codeine addiction that WON'T WORK!!!! I feel that by undergoing this method they'll be signing thousands of not millions of people's death warrants. When inn full addiction the DOC becomes more important than anything include the idea of dying. If you really are a doctor my suggestion would be to do further research n have some empathy, addiction has many shades of grey and is far from black and white as I perceive you are thinking regarding it.

Evey

Last edited: