• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Why do YOU hate Boston Sports?

I only half hate Boston sports.. I dig the Bruins because I love hockey and any original six team is cool in my book. I like the Red Sox too. Mostly, because I hate the Yankees and because they're a good team flat out.

I hate the Patriots because they're a pack of cheaters. And I HATE HATE HATE the Celtics. I cannot stand it when players flock to a team to win a championship. Like the Miami Heat and the LA Lakers.

I'm from Detroit and I'm gonna be laughing my ass off when the Pistons destroy the Celtics in the East finals. Just watch.

L O V E L I F E said:
It's even lonelier when you convince yourself that you're actually at the top, while everyone else knows full well that you're being delusional.

Pretty sure the red-sox were on top last year. And the patriots were on top....til an epic fail. (still had a better record than your team though) celtics have been on top all season, maybe a championship? Thats all I was saying. How is that being delusional?

ihateecstacy said:
I only half hate Boston sports.. I dig the Bruins because I love hockey and any original six team is cool in my book. I like the Red Sox too. Mostly, because I hate the Yankees and because they're a good team flat out.

I hate the Patriots because they're a pack of cheaters. And I HATE HATE HATE the Celtics. I cannot stand it when players flock to a team to win a championship. Like the Miami Heat and the LA Lakers.

I'm from Detroit and I'm gonna be laughing my ass off when the Pistons destroy the Celtics in the East finals. Just watch.
$$$$$$$ where your mouth is.

Two_in_the_pink said:

Pretty sure the red-sox were on top last year. And the patriots were on top....til an epic fail. (still had a better record than your team though) celtics have been on top all season, maybe a championship? Thats all I was saying. How is that being delusional?

Congrats on the Sox.

The Pats cheated and STILL didn't win it all.

And the Celtics have accomplished winning the REGULAR SEASON title in the weakest conference in team sports.

"Congrats."

I'll congratulate you without quotation marks in June if your "MVP" gets out of the first round of the real season for the second time in over a decade.

A lot of people could not care less about Boston or New York. People from those two areas just in their messed up minds think thay everyone cares about them. One of the reasons I quit watching sportscenter during baseball season, ESPN ( who is stationed in Connecticut, a short drive from boston) needs to make sure they get plenty of butt-sox and spankees info on every night. OMG THERE WAS A SHIRT BURIED IN THE CEMENT!! WOW!!!!!! A ROD HAS A HOT GIRLFRIEND!!! WHOA!!!! GIAMBI USES ROIDS!!! COOL!!!

The attention those two teams get makes a lot of folks sick. Or maybe it's the absurd payrolls these two teams spend, kinda makes it not very competitive for small guys like the Reds or KC. Kinda not fair to the fans. And the greatest rivalry in pro sports? LOL!

On the Celtics, I don't follow the NBA much, so I don't really care to much, but when all these free agents just all flock to one team to win a championship is it really Boston? It's more like a bunch of talented stars from other teams like Minnesota who just happen to wear a green jersey. None are really products of the celtics, so IMO it's not really the celtics. Besides, they haven't won the championship yet. That's for Lebron to do.:)

Also, I heard on Colin Coward's (don't know the last name, doesn't matter) radio show that most everyone who works at espn is either a butt-sox or spankees fan. Maybe that has something to do with the media bias.

Maybe I do hate them. Funny, because I don't hate USC or the Patriots, just the buttsox and spankees. So it's not cause they are winners.

Last edited:
And the green monster? It's the ugliest pile of crap in stadiums! Explain what is cool about a giant fucking green wall...It's the tackiest thing I've ever seen. What purpose does it serve? It's almost as if when they designed the stadium the forgot to put seats there and instead of putting grass or something nice there they had extra supplies and thought a giant wall would be neat. What a pile of horseshit. Fucking green monster. At least the name is appropriate. It's monsterously ugly! Good thing they are getting a new ballpark.

Celtics- my favorite team, no complaints there

Red sox- Well them playing really good the last 5 seasons has kind of made me hate them. The whole yankees-red sox thing is a bad thing for baseball imo. So many bandwagon jumpers that claim to be hard core fans and feel the need to make their thoughtless opinions heard, stfu. sad how many people appear to be sports fans just so they can say "hey my team rulez and your team sucks!!!" get over your self.

Patriots - Hated them ever since they beat my rams in the superbowl in 2001, again the media doesnt help the cause, i stopped watching sportscenter years ago and usually when i watch any sporting event on TV i mute it with music in the background. I do like Laurence Maroney though, gotta love former GOPHERS!:)

I can care less about spy gate, that got blown way outta proportion, but damn was i happy when the giants ended teh pats patriots 'perfect' season, simply awesome

Boston Bruins - dont watch hockey, they seem cool though

Boston College athletics - fans of these teams are legit fans

L O V E L I F E said:
Congrats on the Sox.

The Pats cheated and STILL didn't win it all.

And the Celtics have accomplished winning the REGULAR SEASON title in the weakest conference in team sports.

"Congrats."

I'll congratulate you without quotation marks in June if your "MVP" gets out of the first round of the real season for the second time in over a decade.

You're a Lakers fan, right LL?

Do I sense a bet coming here?

TopRocka said:

You're a Lakers fan, right LL?

Do I sense a bet coming here?

Unfortunately for me, I am a long-suffering KNICKS fan.

I just happen to be one of the few who refused to chug the MJ Kool-Aid back in the 90's, as I recognized that evolution doesn't make exceptions for basketball players - MJ was merely the best player ever UP UNTIL AND INCLUDING the time of his career in the NBA - he is NOT some sort of demi-God, never to be surpassed.

Paul is on pace to be better than even Magic or Isiah.

And Kobe is on pace to be better than MJ.

It's simply a matter of evolution.

As far as a bet goes, I turned down 40 to 1 on the Lakers winning it all earlier this season, as I am in gambling hibernation.

For what it's worth, I *do* think that the Lakers are the best team in the league (not by much, though - this is, in my opinion, the greatest season of Parity At The Top of my lifetime - Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, New Orleans, San Antonio, and Phoenix *ALL* have realistic chances of winning the title (unlike most years when two to three teams MAX have a realistic (say, 10 percent or more, at the beginning of the play-offs) shot of winning the whole shebang . . .

. . . but with that said, factoring in the ridiculous ease with which the Celtics will inevitably sweep through the first two rounds, I would make the Celtics the favorites to win it all as of now.

If LA-Boston comes to fruition, however, perhaps we can bet a beer, Top Rocka.

A Sincere Congratulations On The Celtics' Season So Far In '08,

LL

fellas, fellas. look at it this way: Boston, New york... neither city can field a decent NCAA football team to save its life. Isn't that what really matters? ;)

/runs for cover

Pander Bear said:
fellas, fellas. look at it this way: Boston, New york... neither city can field a decent NCAA football team to save its life. Isn't that what really matters? ;)

/runs for cover

If your local college football team is more popular than your local pro football team . . .

. . . you might be a redneck.

Or from L.A.

I dun follow anything(MBA or NBA) but NFL.

That being said....as a lifelong devotee of America'a team...the Dallas-Fuckin'-Cowboys, I HATE the freakin pats. And for me to root for a division rival I have all kinds of issues with against them in the super-bowl is saying something.

Off the top....cheatin' bastards...and it was glossed over and promptly forgiven/forgotten by the media.

And even still....call me when ya get 5 rings bitches. Till then...eat it. Those damnable Steelers FINALLY did it....and I hate em for it. But at least they didn't cheat for it(that we know of...lol).

And thumbs down on the many fem Pats fans who root for em' just cause they want Brady's dick(nationwide....not Boston), he'd just knock-em up and leave em' anyways. Since when has that stopped em tho.? ;)

Hater-aide? maybe. But they still aren't....and most likely NEVER will be the storied franchise that IS AMERICA's team....my beloved Cowboys! Cheat all ya want.....and still can't do it. Must suck. hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pander Bear
fellas, fellas. look at it this way: Boston, New york... neither city can field a decent NCAA football team to save its life. Isn't that what really matters?

/runs for cover

If your local college football team is more popular than your local pro football team . . .

Yeah....I'd say that if i was from NY too. When have you all ever fielded a competitive NCAA football team?

SEC(toughest conference in football) and yes UT ftw!

Pander Bear said:

/runs for cover

Ever hear of Boston College?

Oh, and FYI, UConn is dead center between the 2 cities.

I like the rest of people living in Boston love our teams and always have. =D Haters hate away, I'm amused by your frustration. Fact is there are very few cities or even states for that matter with any teams worth shit. That said congrats to the giants and their fans you deserved to win the game, but I've yet to read a legitimate reason to hate Boston sports. Of course it feels great to be envied, euphoric even.%) Thanks for the flatering thread!!!!

L O V E L I F E said:

Or from L.A.

Or Miami, or from Phoenix, or from any number of cities where people prize traditional rivalries and their own school spirit. Any joe-sixpack can love the Lakers. Generally, you need to have cracked a book to love the trojans.

L O V E L I F E said:

I think this is one of those american regional dialect problems. Decent must mean something different up there-- something like our word third-rate ;)

sorry, I've had blue balls for college football since the last bowl game ended.

TopRocka said:

hahaha, he said that Boston College fields good NCAA football teams.

now, I have been to a couple BC games. two guys in my band graduated from there and their dad does A/V for the college. now, I went to the Ohio State University so I am used to seeing some real, heavyweight, city shutting down for Sunday, riots, and drunk people all over type of college football games.

BC's stadium is dismal and their fans could really care less about what is happening. it was so sad to see because Matt Ryan really worked his ass off this year - for basically nothing. there is no fame for BC QBs in this city of Boston, unless your first name is Doug and your last name is Flutie.

the most sad I have ever been for BC college football was when I was working at my bar for the FSU/BC game and Fenway was literally infested with Seminole fans. there were more Seminole fans at the BC game than home game fans. you wonder why BC can't get into a half-decent bowl game, their fan base is notoriously nonchalant about anything to do with their college.

not real college football at all, sorry, next please.