• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Why do YOU hate Boston Sports?

TopRocka said:
That's a pretty classy statement.

Goes to show the class of your typical NYC scumbag fan.

Eat a fat dick, homie.

Lets Go Yan-kees!

De-rek Je-ter!

And that statement was a question aimed at the 2 Boston fans who said they hate Pierce.

Well I cant stand Boston sports teams, but I do like all of the people I've met from Boston. (2)

They would call good weed "crippy," and I thought that was kinda funny

youarewhatyouis said:
They would call good weed "crippy," and I thought that was kinda funny

Um, that term is originally and mostly used in Miami/South Florida.

*the more you know*

No one calls weed cryp up here, that is a known term for florida weed, typically weed that is gray and people think it has embalming fluid in it (which is supposed to be a myth.

And no, I am not happy that pierce got pierced. I think that is a fucked up thing to say, and since this is what I was thinking and couldn't say it any better:

TopRocka said:

Eat a fat dick, homie.

please keep the ad-homs to yourselves, fellas. we are all grown men and sports fans and I am not in the mood to edit posts today.

So is the same way in England people used to hate Liverpool and now Man Utd (and fans) because they were successful?

Or is it more how everyone hates Leeds United here just because, well, they're Leeds aren't they? :D

Please explain... :)

^^^^

boston fans suffered through decades of abysmal failure and developed an irrational persecution complex and hatred of superior opponents. now the shoe is on the other foot and they can't understand why people aren't happy for them...

though, in all fairness not all the fans are so obnoxious. its just the loudest ones tend to be the most unbalanced.

We are the craziest and most obnoxious fans in sports. We don't know what sober means. If you are wearing a Yankee hat in Fenway, you're outta there. We follow our baseball like a religion, and we are extremists. But, Boston fans cheer the loudest. We recognize effort and devotion even in sub-par performance and let them know we appreciate it. We have undying devotion to our teams, and infallible hate for our foes. Even when we lose, there's always next year.

And yeah, we hate the Yankees because they were successful. And now, just because they're the Yankees. It will stay with us forever - it's in our DNA.

Nickatina said:
We are the craziest and most obnoxious fans in sports. We don't know what sober means. If you are wearing a Yankee hat in Fenway, you're outta there. We follow our baseball like a religion, and we are extremists. But, Boston fans cheer the loudest. We recognize effort and devotion even in sub-par performance and let them know we appreciate it. We have undying devotion to our teams, and infallible hate for our foes. Even when we lose, there's always next year.

And yeah, we hate the Yankees because they were successful. And now, just because they're the Yankees. It will stay with us forever - it's in our DNA.

So is baseball rivalry anything like Soccer rivalry. In the 70s and 80s supporters of rival teams in England were pretty much at war. People killed often, rioting, etc. It's still like this in a lot of countries..

I understand the persecution complex. For Boston read Liverpool/Leeds =D

No, we don't have riots. I wish we did it would be fun as hell haha. No, people in the USA tend to be more sedated than the rest (fluorinated water anyone?) so if shit happens its just a Yankee or Red Sox fan/group getting beat up for talking shit.

Naw, as much as people may talk shit it rarely comes to blows. As far as riots, murders and the like... it is absurd that someone would take sports THAT seriously.

JerryBlunted said:
Naw, as much as people may talk shit it rarely comes to blows. As far as riots, murders and the like... it is absurd that someone would take sports THAT seriously.

Yeah it generally has fuck all to do with football though.

Rivalry within a city or cities generally based on religion/politics or some longstanding battle over economic/geographic rights etc..

TopRocka said:

Eat a fat dick, homie.

I think you are being a bit sensitive. Can't we all enjoy some black humor now and again? I don' t think even the biggest Celtic hater was glad Pierce got stabbed...:|

I'm in the interesting position of being a New Yorker that likes the Red Sox. They are my second favorite team next to my Mets. ;) Anyone that brings the Yankees and their fans sadness is good in my book.

As for the Pats, I hate them because I am a Jets fan, and I'm sick of them locking up that division by like week 7 for the last decade...

As a Knicks fan, i probably shouldn't like the Celtics, but until this year, both squads have been SO BAD that it hasn't even mattered....there is no rivalry...I'm actually somewhat glad the Celts are good this year, I am a fan of the NBA, and having a big market team return to greatness is good for the game and good for the league..

SonOF said:
As for the Pats, I hate them because I am a Jets fan, and I'm sick of them locking up that division by like week 7 for the last decade...
it's not the pats you should hate for being so good. it's the jets you should hate for sucking so much...

alasdair

I don't really hate Boston sports, but it kinda does suck that you guys won baseball, will prob. win football and can possibly win basketball in the same year. Meanwhile I have had a shitty sports year with my chicago teams. I hate the cubs so thats a negative for me.

BTW I am a sox fan, but the real sox squad, not that fenway shit.. :)

Two_in_the_pink said:

It's awful lonely on top.

It's even lonelier when you convince yourself that you're actually at the top, while everyone else knows full well that you're being delusional.