• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Why do YOU hate Boston Sports?

TopRocka said:
People hate a winner. It's simple.
i agree.

i also find that hating somebody else's success says a lot more about the hater than it does about the winner :)

go pats! go sox!

alasdair

Works 2 ways though

not too long ago these Sawx were the haters.

26 WS titles.

holla.

Soxxxxx said:
You haven't tried walking around NYC in a Sox hat or jersey recently. All the mongoloid Yankee fans line up to spit at you and express their insecurity and jealousy.

Actually, I walk around in the city ALL the time with a coworker of mine who wears a Red Sox wool cap everywhere. Nobody says shit to him, ever. If you are minding your own business no one cares what team you support.

I also can't believe you think Yankees fans are jealous of the Red Sox, you guys have won 2 titles in the past 80 years. Put that in perspective next to the accomplishments of our franchise. I'm glad the Sox finally won it all so it can at least put a little drama into the rivalry, it makes for better television at the least.

^ there is the saying 'act like you done it before.' my fellow Bostonians simply have not won before. they are not used to winning. think about it... if you were a city that was constantly regarded as losers and simply "New York wannabes" and then BAM!

your teams started winning just as quickly as Matt Damon wrote a book about loving Boston but then moved to New York (LOL, it just proves the fact that as a city Boston is far inferior to NYC. sorry, I love Boston but people from Boston try very hard to "act" New York). you would be so happy! would you not?

Boston - I love you. but act like you done it before. even if you haven't ;)

sage advice from a person who hails from a place of no particular distinction! ;)

(that's a baseless jab, lets not turn this into a civil war)

are people really hating on the celtics? thats news to me? it seems to me that most nba fans are stoked to see pros like pierce and garnett have an opportunity to win something for a change.

I'm pretty sure that its in the Bostonian character to feel irrational self-persecution delusions that accompany their NYC inferiority complexes.

lets go to hahvahd and beat up smaht kids in bahs. :D

Because they win alot. I dislike the Red Sox because they spend way more money than most teams, which makes pretty uncompetitive, especially for teams like my favorite, the Reds. True it's not BoSOx's faults, but it still ruins the game unless you happen to live in NY, Boston, LA, or Chicago. True a Rockies comes around every 7 yrs, but you can pretty much forget about seeing a team like that ever be competitive year in and year out.

I hate the Pats because they are good, they have a coach that cheats, and their QB went to michigan. Don't really have a problem with Celtics, but that's because the NBA sucks to watch.

So yeah, pretty much because they are good. Same reason I hate the Yankees, Cowboys, and used to hate the Lakers.

boston has a legit chance to win three diff championships in the same year. when has that ever happened?

Because they currently have winners in every major sport :(

Sox won it, Pats are odds on favs to take home the title, and the Celtics are currently running roughshod over NBA's Eastern conference...However, I will get a little joy when (and if) the Celtics do get to the NBA finals and get waxed by some superior Western Conference team.

I actually don't hate Boston fans though. For the most part, they seem passionate and know their stuff...and they are cocky, but not annoyingly so like goddamn Yankee fans..

PS: (I don't know how the Bruins are doing and I don't give a rat's ass about hockey anyhow)

Last edited:
cravNbeets said:
are people really hating on the celtics? thats news to me? it seems to me that most nba fans are stoked to see pros like pierce and garnett have an opportunity to win something for a change.

Pierce is a piece of shit and I could care less if he ever wins anything, but KG is a stand-up guy, a competitor and a great teammate, so I would be glad for him if the Celts won the whole thing.

Honestly, and this is coming from Boston, if we traded Pierce today I wouldn't be the least bit saddened. Really kind of sad that I feel that way about someone who has played for our team for close to 10 years. It's just his style of play, not necessarily his off-the-court demeanor (which sucks too) - he is a serious ball hog that likes to create his own shots which has severely impacted the development of our younger players. Why you think Al Jefferson goes from a 10/10 guy to a 20/10? He's taking 5 more shots a game even though he was our only other good player last year. Though I must admit since he has had a veteran supporting cast he has done a little better in that regard, it becomes a real liability when we are struggling like we did against the Bobcats on wed.

So you Boston fans are glad Paul Pierce got . . PIERCED! by a knife back in the day?

MaxPowers said:
So you Boston fans are glad Paul Pierce got . . PIERCED! by a knife back in the day?

That's a pretty classy statement.

Goes to show the class of your typical NYC scumbag fan.

Eat a fat dick, homie.