• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do you do psychedelics ?

To get back to reality!
Seeing things (including myself) without preconceptions gives me this incredibly clear feeling in my head. Tripping reminds me of what really matters in life.
It also enhances my creativity in music, art and writing soooo much.
To reaffirm my spirituality.
And I'd be lying if I didn't say it was FUN.

^ gen e:

I think trips tend to be more introspective (in my experience) at night, and alone, or perhaps with one other person tripping with you (with the same intent). Another person along for the trip, possibly at a lower dose, can be useful to help guide you with questions or better discussion about any internal issues you want to work out. Just make sure they're appraised ahead of time, and down with the idea of sitting there quietly and meditating (or whatever) for a couple hours.

Alternatively, just explain your intent to a friend ahead of time (preferably one who's psychedelically informed), and find a night where s/he'll be "around", but not come over. That way you can call them on the phone if you feel like things are too intense, or in the worst case, they can come over to comfort you if you really need some sort of rescue. Just having the option available will put you more at ease.

Final option: secure an ambien or a xanax ahead of time. Instant escape route.

As for finding time/space alone... well. Keep your eyes on your calendar. If you really want to make something like this happen, the time can find you ;)

As for me, why did I start to do psychedelics? I was curious what "the big deal" was all about. And I feel like they uncovered a side of myself that was unrealized before I got into this scene.

Why do I keep doing them? Many reasons. To party, at festivals, raves, etc. To do some drug that feels crazy/weird. For introspection, meditation, etc. To share my consciousness with close friends. (Tripping with a friend I find to be an intensely bonding experience.) To take a vacation from the world; a step back -- looking down at my life from hyperspace, I sometimes gain a new point of view that helps me to deal with something that's going on in my life. Even if I don't, I find that the experience of having left consensus reality for a few hours often "recharges my batteries" and makes going about my business for the next couple weeks a bit more easy.

To remember what it felt like to be a kid, and believe in magic.