• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do you do psychedelics ?

Breakbeat_Child said:
Wut did you say? MDMA makes you useless and forgetful? Listen here buddy, MDMA does way more for you than some psychedellics will ever do because it's almost like you DON'T need to think, because there are no problems. Your looking at the positive side of things when your on Extasy. You take that little comment and throw it in the trash because MDMA does help people get in touch with themselves, it makes you the person that you want to be. While psychedellics just make you realise who you are, MDMA makes you the person you want to be. It brings out the best in people. So before you critisize my brother MDMA, look at all the wonderfull things it does for people then state your opinion. Peace!!

Why does everyone have to share your opinion on certain drugs?

You state a lot of your opinions on psychedelics as if they were fact. These drugs produce highly subjective experiences, that vary wildly from one person to the next.

MDMA might bring out the best in YOU, but perhaps it merely highlights all the negative aspects of another persons life (and yes, I've talked to people who describe it as doing exactly that)?

MDMA will do more for you than psychedelics? Psychedelics make you realize who you are? WTF does this even mean.

So much of what you post on here is deliberately inflammatory, antagonistic, or childish. Everyone has their own opinion.

fizzacyst said:
Why does everyone have to share your opinion on certain drugs?

You state a lot of your opinions on psychedelics as if they were fact. These drugs produce highly subjective experiences, that vary wildly from one person to the next.

MDMA might bring out the best in YOU, but perhaps it merely highlights all the negative aspects of another persons life (and yes, I've talked to people who describe it as doing exactly that)?

MDMA will do more for you than psychedelics? Psychedelics make you realize who you are? WTF does this even mean.

So much of what you post on here is deliberately inflammatory, antagonistic, or childish. Everyone has their own opinion.

Alright fine then, I'm a stupid idiot. Your right.

Breakbeat_Child said:
Wut did you say? MDMA makes you useless and forgetful? Listen here buddy, MDMA does way more for you than some psychedellics will ever do because it's almost like you DON'T need to think, because there are no problems. Your looking at the positive side of things when your on Extasy. You take that little comment and throw it in the trash because MDMA does help people get in touch with themselves, it makes you the person that you want to be. While psychedellics just make you realise who you are, MDMA makes you the person you want to be. It brings out the best in people. So before you critisize my brother MDMA, look at all the wonderfull things it does for people then state your opinion. Peace!!

You gotta lotta growin' up to do. 8)

I also don't value MDMA nearly as much as some of the true psychedelics. Sure it's fun and easy ... but it can be so superficial. And it sure as hell won't "make you the person you want to be." No drug will do that. Maybe it can make you feel like that during the experience, but that's a pretty shallow goal.

Personally, I'd really appreciate it if you would take your immature comments elsewhere.

Edit (because I don't feel like adding another off topic post):

If everyone just stated opinions this thread would be moving along nicely. We just need to leave out the attitude and self-righteousness.

Last edited:
Dang, people. Let's not get so bent out of shape the next time someone says they don't like a certain drug as much as you do. We're all different, you know.

Some of you probably need to do MORE psychedelics, and calm down!

Breakbeat_Child said:

Um...

Wow.

A few things.

1 - I wasn't criticizing MDMA. I enjoy it, and I realize it's had a lot of great therapeutic effects on many people. At one point in my life, it had therapeutic effects on me, and I'd not trade that for anything. I'm simply saying that at this point in my life, it's pretty useless. To ME.

2 - I would hope that you don't really need MDMA to be the person you want to be. Perhaps MDMA opened you up initially and made you realize you can be that person, but if you really value what you've learned, you need to realize that you can be that person all the time, whether or not you're high.

3 - "MDMA does way more for you than some psychedellics will ever do because it's almost like you DON'T need to think, because there are no problems" - That's called getting high. What good is an experience going to do for you if it doesn't make you think about your problems? I can't quite imagine how you came up with this statement.

4 - "So before you critisize my brother MDMA, look at all the wonderfull things it does for people then state your opinion" - I did. Thanks.

Dude, no offense, but you need to chill the fuck out. Perhaps think back to the lessons you claim to have learned from MDMA.

I first did them to see what they were like. Then I did them to party. Then I did them to become "spiritually enlightened". The last one was a big mistake. Now I do EXTREMELY low doses to enhance my senses and creativity -- too scared of them to actually trip anymore. I think that very low doses could be helpful and healing, so that's my intention now.

it's been a little over 5 years since i last tripped and i can honestly say that the reason i like tripping is because it's fun. i have had some of the greatest experiences while tripping and they have really added to my outlook on life and others. i will also say "to expand my mind" but it's more than that really. i think that psychedelics offer you a pathway to a door so to speak and you, holding the key, can open it and close it whenever you want.

i have yet to achieve an intense introspective trip so this is what i'm looking forward to in the future :)

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
i have yet to achieve an intense introspective trip so this is what i'm looking forward to in the future :)

I don't know if you normally do or not, but I've found this ^ is easily achieved by tripping alone. For what it's worth...

(Alone = the only way I trip... talk about therapeutic!)

Amen, Church. Alone is the way to go. With friends can be fun, too, but my favorite trips have ALL been alone.

^ I think it should be added that you should be fairly experienced(at the very least) with whatever substance you're planning on taking before you decide to trip alone.

The most intense trips I've had were alone, and I can definately say what I've experienced is not for everyone.

church, i have 2 issues. one, i'm fairly scared to do LSD alone. just in case i fall into a bad trip, i want to be able to come out of it (i have considered a trip sitter but i think it would hinder my ability to reach the level i want to achieve when i know someone is there) and two, i don't have the time nor the place to do it alone :\

Then I have the perfect solution for you: candyflip alone. You most definitely will not have a bad trip that way.... and everyone has the time and place to do it alone. ;)

Yeah, honestly, if you have the time to do it with people, you have the time to do it alone. And personally I've had WAY more bad trips when with people, even good friends. And there's also not the issue of having to do what other people want... it much easier to decide what to do. Also, most of my group trips have been fairly useless since it grounds me in reality more.

That's just me, though.

Lost my connection for them, but I WAS using them for years to
1. become smarter , able to solve puzzles-problems-mysteries-etc
2. enjoy drawing more ( my biggest love ((or compulsion ))
3. to enhance colors of things and imagined things
4. to teach myself to hear music in greater detail (even long after the drugs are gone)
and
5. to brush aside gross masses of preconceptions about EVERYTHING
(the world, people , etc ) and experience a truer or realer reality !
Damn they kick ass and I miss em !

For the fun, and to experience "reality" differently, with the hopeful potential of having a significantly meaningful spiritual enlightenment.

with the winter blustery days - tiredness and sore muscles and bones made me hesitate, but it had been 3 days since salvia last, so as a tonic I smoked, and from feeling old and weary, a dalai lamaesque potency emanated from every pore into every direction and towards all beings.
5 minutes after falling into this fountain of youth, I emerge refreshed and clear and ready to warm up my way through the maze ahead.