View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do you do psychedelics ?

MikecMikec

Bluelighter
I look for a new type of expirience or a repeat of an expirience i've, had before, sometimes an escape from the normal everyday structure of reality. Understanding of certain ideas, and finding peace within myself....

an escape from the normal everyday structure of reality
That part isn't going to work, reality by definition will always reach you, no matter how much you try to escape. By doing so, you're only going to reduce your ability to handle it, thus making youself ill and unhappy in the end.

Understanding of certain ideas
Now, this sounds more promising. You can gain a wealth of association and cognitive inspiration from a well done trip. This is among the reasons I do them myself - to put it short, it's much about integrating previously learned information into my everyday experience and consideration.

finding peace within myself
You may indeed be inspired to this direction, which is good. But please remember the wise words of Richard Alpert, "High isn't free". You'll keep "coming down" unless you eventually take matters into your own hands and learn to have peace in and of yourself, without chemical assistance. For any single part of life, be it practical, scientific or spiritual, drugs are never essential!

Good times, Good conversations, I use them as more of a party drug then more of a indepth neo-hippie shit that some people have with them... They're Fun, Thats it...They're not some psuedo-erotic mind opener to show me the "true spirtitual path" or any other philosophical garbage like it.... It keeps me goin', Kills time, makes my day more intrestin' and leads to party nights.

ugoliath, i dont know how you can do psychedelics without having some sort of spiritual experience

Ten years ago I would have said to expand my mind, or to have a spiritual experience. But now I use psychedelics because I think it would make for a great time, usually I take them when camping with my lady...and we enjoy a nice hike, and then back to the tent for sex.

If I have insights or a spiritual experience...I consider it a great bonus. But I am now at the point where I do not need any drug to have a spiritual experience or insights into myself and the universe around me.

This is not to say I have nothing left to learn with psychedelics...quite the contrary. But it is just that is no longer the exclusive reason I take them, or the only thing I hope to acheive from the experience.

Every experience is different, Sometimes I use them just for fun and sometimes for that mind opening experience. But no matter what during each trip the tail end is usually when I do all my thinking and questioning while laying in bed relaxing until I finally fall asleep..Cause there are so many ideas flying thru my head in the peak of the trip I cannot really grasp anything logical, usually I can slow everything down in the end and therfore hold onto some thoughts and remember more of what matters

To expand my mind. But now that has happened and i'm totaly the person i want to be (expect a report on this exp soon, unbeliable and not triggered on a drug!)

Hmmm i dunno there is no real urge at all. Maybe to have insights of such i dunno. I love it and its a load of fun so thats all i can think for my new reasons. No idea when i'll touch a pysch again i'm too high on life atm experiencing all these new emoticons, feelings and whatever else i had hidden away! I however do know why these feelings were hidden away... DEEP DEEP AWAY!!! It was just having the ability to not care that mattered.

I wasn't even a 1/0th of a person i am now if you know what i mean. Its just so amazing it slowly happened then BOOM ive learnt everything i need to know its the realisation part that is hard to kick in, once it does OMG... Well this is only for me as so many feelings unlocked at the same time ... Can't believe how clever i feel, i know people say but i put myself down too much it made me fuck up!

For earth worship and for ritual dance gatherings. I smoke Jah's herb because it is the healing of the nation and the smoke contains the powers to knock down Babylon. Because those who do not use them become stagnant stones of the system, while those who consume the flesh of the gods live for eternity.

Most frequently I take them to enjoy outdoor camping/psytrance festivals to the fullest, and to be on the same wavelength and connect with likeminded people at these events. Not that I don't enjoy them on my own or with a couple others, but my free time is very limited and quite precious these days and I don't often have the luxury of setting aside the time to trip very frequently.

I have never taken them for what I'd consider "spiritual" reasons. I (usually) like the effects they produce, and enjoy feeling out the differences between all of the available compounds. I just like to trip. It re-energizes me, and that slaps a zest for life into me that gets drained out by the the daily goings on, which can get pretty monotonous sometimes.

Some I have taken for what I'd think of as theraputic reasons, but those are usually MDMA and friends rather than the more trippy compounds.

fizzacyst said:
Most frequently I take them to enjoy outdoor camping/psytrance festivals to the fullest, and to be on the same wavelength and connect with likeminded people at these events. Not that I don't enjoy them on my own or with a couple others, but my free time is very limited and quite precious these days and I don't often have the luxury of setting aside the time to trip very frequently.

Yeah thats the way I just want to use them now, not that i'm in the psytrance seen or there is one uphere at all... I'm deeply intrested to get into it, its just how... Not when!

My reasons behind MDMA now are only to connect at such a perfect level it is theurpatic beyond words. Also I want I love psychs for sex, hmmm more than anything else except parting and having fun!

I no longer need to try and understand myself, this last week i've done nothing but!

taken from 'the psychedelic experience' by tim leary.
(1) For increased personal power, intellectual understanding,
sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life
situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.

(2) For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth
for fellow men.

(3) For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal
closeness, pure experience.

(4) For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits;
attainment of mystical union.

different psychs for different reasons.

I mean, I wouldnt take 2C-E to go to a rave and have a good time, obviously.

I would take LSD just to have a fun weekend, not to have a intense spiritual experience, although that is always a plus (though I really wouldnt know, hasnt happened yet), but generally I like the idea of exploring my mind in a "taboo" way.

Not to be overdone however...psychs have their place and time, as do all things.

They're just superior to any other drugs. More plesurable than opiates more stimulating than meth more thought provoking than pot, better facilitators of hookups than alcohol, no hangovers.

mountain said:
You may indeed be inspired to this direction, which is good. But please remember the wise words of Richard Alpert, "High isn't free". You'll keep "coming down" unless you eventually take matters into your own hands and learn to have peace in and of yourself, without chemical assistance. For any single part of life, be it practical, scientific or spiritual, drugs are never essential!
yeah i totally agree

mountain said:
That part isn't going to work, reality by definition will always reach you, no matter how much you try to escape. By doing so, you're only going to reduce your ability to handle it, thus making youself ill and unhappy in the end.
I miswrote this part. What i meant was just a new expirience a state of mind that is different than ussual, not that i don't enoy being sober, but i find a psychadilic state of mind exciting.

c00kiemonster said:
Yeah thats the way I just want to use them now, not that i'm in the psytrance seen or there is one uphere at all... I'm deeply intrested to get into it, its just how... Not when!

I've always enjoyed tripping in small groups - all of my early experiences and overall most of my experiences have been in groups of 3-4 people... but..

Dosing at a serious psy party, where everyone there is fried or used to being around fried people is just something else alltogether. Candyflipping at these events has changed the way I looked at psychedelic drug use. Its what I think is the perfect environment for it (as long as you don't need to be alone for soul searching).

Its amazing to around 200-500 or so people, way out there in the middle of nowhere out in nature.. soft greens and browns with all the contrasting UV yellow/blue/purple artwork.. the pounding goa beat and fat chunky, slinky basslines,.. everyone and everything moving with the music. It just blows me away. Everything seems like its custom-designed to enhance psychedelic drug use.

I think candyflipping is particularly well suited for this. I like to take a medium dose of LSD around 9pm or so, and then a solid dose of MDMA around 12:00-12:30am. I get the prisitine LSD experience for a few hours, wander around, chill in my tent, smoke pot, etc. Then I take the MDMA and it just cranks things up. I can't stand to not be around people. I dance until I feel like I'm going to fall over (and I'm normally way to self conscious to get up and dance in a group of people). I talk to strangers, rambling about everything, laugh like madman...

Its just a total release. Thoughts going a mile a minute, happiness so intense I feel like I'm on the verge of shooting rainbows out of my head, slick fractal visuals... and most of the other people are in a similar state.

I just can't get over how amazing an experience it is. Its fun, for sure.. but its also a very theraputic thing for me, to be able to connect with everyone and everything like that. This is the biggest part of my psychedelic drug consumption these days.

I highly recommend it.

I agree with the "different psychs for different reasons" idea. I prefer to mostly use them to explore my own consciousness and have also had some interesting breakthroughs in understanding my boyfriend's anxiety issues as I do not have anxiety. We have used psychedelics and frequent discussions of "this affects me in ABC way whereas it affects you in XYZ way... is this consistent.... if so, possibly why... etc" and if we can't figure it out, we sure have a fun time talking about it!

I can take some acid and party til the cows come home, but I prefer to save higher doses and doing stronger substances like mushrooms, salvia, DMT, adding RCs to the mix, etc. for the home setting in order to be a little more responsible and also increase the possibility for learning something about my unconscious mind.

In general, I love to trip and try out new substances and see how I can bend the world around me. Fun times :)

at first i would have said tripping in small groups is fun and you have a blast of an experience, recently i had an experience with 30mg of AMT and 150mg of MDMA at a rave, and i really did enjoy the experience, i really got on with the people around me and my friend who was just on AMT really enjoyed the experience too. the lights were so cool, but also analysing everything around me really helped understand what a whole rave was about, although i was probably just tripping =D