• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do so few people grow shrooms?

Shrooms are not easy to grow in a lab. and yes, you need to convert wherever into something almost suitable for microchip processing. In a lab, everything is sterile, you give your shrooms the best chance to grow before other shit does. in nature, everything is present, tho if the conditions are favorable for shroom growth, they grow.

The filters alone are gonna run you at least a grand; 99.9999% fine laminar flow hood for innocuating/propagating strains and a high capacity HEPA filter for the room air that runs 24/7. No eating, drinking, smoking, dirty clothes, etc in grow room. And they are usually all or nothing. Friend of mine had this setup, set a spoon down on a table that hadnt been properly cleaned, ruined his entire crop (8 10gal aquarium's worth). By the time you buy the books, labware, pressure cooker, mason jars, etc, it is not a small investment, and at best you're looking at 3 months from start to finish, after you read everything you can on growing them. Mushrooms are also pissy little sensitive things to heat and humidity

There's also the legal aspect. The dude he got spore syringes from, the feds HAMMERFUCKED that guy, and his grow op was extremely small. The plus is no smell, little power use, no bad chemicals, and you can fit a fairly large grow op inside a decent sized armoir.

You can buy pre-made kits of regular (non-psychedelic) mushrooms for like $20-$40 that you stick in your fridge that fruit a few times, they are quite good. What you dont see is all the damned time and work and equipment it takes to make that bag. Im sure there are newer/better/cheaper/faster ways to grow, but growing shrooms is a pretty major commitment. The only reason I mention my friend's op is it was almost 20 years ago and he'd been dead 10.

What's the deal with why there aren't shroom dealers in every town of America, growing one of the best psychedelics EVER from an easy to grow spore kit they purchased online??

What's the catch?

The environment in to which shrooms are grown must be very conditioned. I am not a fan of psychedelics, but i would also assume that there is the possibility of toxicity that can contaminate mushrooms. From the the MushroomJournal.com:

I will give this in percentages. Roughly speaking, the mushrooms you find will be:

50% inedible
By this I mean, either too tough to chew, like some woody shelf mushrooms, or just plain indigestible, like oak or maple leaves, for example.

25% " edible, but not incredible"
There are a lot of mushrooms out there that are edible, but tasteless.

20% will make you sick
In this category I put things that will irritate your digestive tract. In mild cases, this means that you will throw up after eating the mushrooms. In more severe cases, it means that your entire digestive tract becomes extremely upset and expels whatever is inside it, in whatever direction is quickest. In very severe cases, your digestive tract continues trying to expel whatever is in it for a few days.

4% will be tasty to excellent
In other words, these are the mushrooms that there's actually a reason to eat.

1% can kill you

The website also suggested there to be anywhere from 3,000-5,000 types of mushrooms.

Last edited:
it's a big bulky product and not too many people buy it and the people that do aren't really habitual users so you don't have the same people coming to you on any sort of regular basis

The environment in to which shrooms are grown must be very conditioned. I am not a fan of psychedelics, but i would also assume that there is the possibility of toxicity that can contaminate mushrooms. From the the MushroomJournal.com:

I will give this in percentages. Roughly speaking, the mushrooms you find will be:

50% inedible
By this I mean, either too tough to chew, like some woody shelf mushrooms, or just plain indigestible, like oak or maple leaves, for example.

20% will make you sick
In this category I put things that will irritate your digestive tract. In mild cases, this means that you will throw up after eating the mushrooms. In more severe cases, it means that your entire digestive tract becomes extremely upset and expels whatever is inside it, in whatever direction is quickest. In very severe cases, your digestive tract continues trying to expel whatever is in it for a few days.

1% can kill you

The website also suggested there to be anywhere from 3,000-5,000 types of mushrooms.

Wait, what do you mean by 3,000--5,000 types of mushrooms?

That there are really up to 5,000 different TYPES of psilocybin mushrooms??

That doesn't seem like it could be correct.....

Also, what do you mean by "4 % will be tasty to excellent"??

You ARE talking about PSYCHEDELIC mushrooms...RIGHT??

ZERO psychedelic mushrooms are going to be "tasty or excellent" I can tell you that much from experience lol, and I don't think anyone is going to disagree that there's not a psilocybin containing mushroom in the world that WITHOUT cooking it and doing things to it to MAKE it tasty is actually tasty to eat by itself, either fresh or raw.

At BEST it might not taste horrible...as the fresh ones I ate in Amsterdam didn't taste bad...but not good either.

I am going to look up the Mushroom journal that you are quoting, but somehow it sounds to me like you are talking about ALL kinds of mushrooms in general...not psilocybin shrooms which is obviously specifically what we talking about.

The language you are using just doesn't sound like we are talking about the same thing....talking about "shrooms you may FIND"....we aren't "finding" them we are talking about GROWING them.

You aren't one of those greenlighters that just comes on and finds an article and posts it without checking whether it's really relevant to the topic are you?? LOL

Last edited:

50% inedible

20% will make you sick

1% can kill you

I looked this up and though I couldn't find the exact page you are quoting from it looks like you are referencing a journal on wild mushrooming regarding ALL types of mushrooms, from edible, to inedible, poisonous and psychedelic.

While that info is INTERESTING it is not USEFUL.

We are obviously only talking about psilocybin mushrooms here dude.