• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why are joints ALWAYS shit

Being from the UK I always smoked spliffs with tobacco so never had the problem you describe. However, during the first lockdown I decided to finally quit fags so it meant also eliminating baccy from joints. I tried vaporizing at first but it was just shit to be honest, felt more like a waste of weed then combusting. I got sort of high but nothing like a fat spliff. So I then decided I would have to smoke pure joints, American style. Very different to spliffs so took some adjusting but now they are just the same as before, minus baccy. I only run into issues if the bud is not very well cured or really toxic (sprayed I guess, or not flushed?), then I get the problem you mention of it not staying lit. Otherwise they burn fine if you roll them correctly.

Small one to end the night.

foto-no-exif-2.jpg

Yeah that's about what I used to put in mine when I smoked all day every day, 2 from a gram. I was moving it at the time so could easily smoke a quarter oz a day and it cost me nothing lol

Nowadays my tolerance so low i can make a gram last me a week easily sometimes I go weeks without weed, occasionally i will say fuck it and write myself off with a spliff like that though, hits me harder than a gram line of ket 😂
But yeah usually a single skin with a light sprinkle of weed will see me good
Anything half a gram or more in a king size skin of decent weed will blow your socks off.
I love the 1st joint of the day . Wake and bake . Upon waking roll a fat spliff I like to throw a gram in if I have a day where I haven't got much to do bcoz starting the day with a big spliff . Well put it this way ya won't get much if anything productive done that day lol.

If my funds allow I will smoke around 3g a day now I'm buying it not growing or selling . But when funds are low I can make an 8th (3.5g) last me 4 days at a push.

I can go without and do if needs be but as this is now my DOC again i do kind of mentally relay on it to keep me on the right path. Although when I do go without I'm ok just a bit agitated and struggle to fall into a deep sleep.

Yeah I'm with you there hahaha of you have had a few days break from weed then build a big joint with some potent weed it can hit hard really hard like a line of K or coke . Not quite as intense but yeah it can take ya by surprise sometimes.
Personally I'd rather n do smoke a joint over a cigarette. Cigs u smoke they taste nasty make ya smell plus don't get u high at all. Takes the craving for nicotine away. Yet I smoke a joint the taste is beaut fruity earthy skunks darkness lol I enjoy the smoking of it. And best of all it relaxes me gets me high an chilled out kills anxiety and increased appetite , its a winner and about time the UK followed, Holland , USA n Portugals stance on drugs especially cannabis , one day!!
Today I have an 8th of stinking girl scout cookies. Wow its potent. Big thumbs up from me.
Enjoy your Friday guys 🤩

I must say we are blessed when it comes to cannabis in the UK we do grow very nice dense stinky potent weed...
I've lived an brought weed all over the UK and the High quality is throughout the country.
We churn out fantastic bud in the UK 🇬🇧 to say its illegal we have loads of grow shops selling tents lights nutrients everything to be able to grow. Then we can buy canna seeds ( ornamental use only 🤣🤣)
Its backwards like all our drug policys.
Yet we produce amazing bud like this GSC
Wow 🤩😍

Any other English people here agree or disagree with this??
I never come across shitty dead smelling bud maybe its the people I deal with. I doubt it though

I must say we are blessed when it comes to cannabis in the UK we do grow very nice dense stinky potent weed...
I've lived an brought weed all over the UK and the High quality is throughout the country.
We churn out fantastic bud in the UK 🇬🇧 to say its illegal we have loads of grow shops selling tents lights nutrients everything to be able to grow. Then we can buy canna seeds ( ornamental use only 🤣🤣)
Its backwards like all our drug policys.
Yet we produce amazing bud like this GSC
Wow 🤩😍

Any other English people here agree or disagree with this??
I never come across shitty dead smelling bud maybe its the people I deal with. I doubt it though

i owe the overall good quality and high potency available bud in the UK to the educating and sharing of tips and techniques including nutrition, spotting deficiencies, mold and bud rot as well as flushing towards a harvest both online via growing websites and just word of mouth in general. I see many people take much pride in their grows and share them or rather show them off lol
Only a few times in many years have I recieved bad bud that was poorly grown and quite frankly a disaster however these people had not bothered to do their research i guess.

i owe the overall good quality and high potency available bud in the UK to the educating and sharing of tips and techniques including nutrition, spotting deficiencies, mold and bud rot as well as flushing towards a harvest both online via growing websites and just word of mouth in general. I see many people take much pride in their grows and share them or rather show them off lol
Only a few times in many years have I recieved bad bud that was poorly grown and quite frankly a disaster however these people had not bothered to do their research i guess.
Yeah I agree. When I started growing I read read an read some more. About all the techniques. Flushing , nutrient problems . Toppin them to make 8 heads instead of one top cola. Sea of green to make most of your space. There's so much to it I made my own oxy pots all fed off 1 big air pump 6 25 ltr buckets they worked amazing my yields increased by a good 20%

As you say its only ppl that haven't got a clue and can't be arsed to research thinking they no it all the are growing the shit bud . I imagine it is out there but I'll stick to what I know top shelf dank stinky goodness 😅

Back in the 1970s I was a notoriously bad joint roller. People made fun of my sorry-assed attempts at rolling.. So I saved up my money, bought a quarter pound, sat down and rolled joints till I got it right.

Now I roll a joint that looks like a factory-made cigarette and it smokes perfectly.

PS: I'm a dedicated cigarette smoker (50yrs) but I think mixing tobacco with weed is disgusting.and downright insulting to cannabis.
PPS: I realize that rolling with super-sticky bud can be challenging. I grow my own, so I flush it & cure it properly AND I always have some loose leaf to mix in if necessary.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for that. Not looking to become the authority on this. But interesting nevertheless. Sounds like a lot of time and effort and skill required for something I personally will never use (save to testing whatever oil I may be left with, if any, after the Methanol method and which seems to have been described more than once around these part but not exactly rave reviews).
One thing that could be helpful is using chilled methanol to minimize chlorophyll extraction. Just put the bottle in the freezer an hour prior to extracting (and then perform the extraction in the freezer too).

Also short extractions are likely to be more pure wrt pulling cannabinoids out.

Anything half a gram or more in a king size skin of decent weed will blow your socks off.

lol @ "half a gram in a king size"

That shit skinnier than a pencil, lmao. Gets the job done but fuck, man.

My rule of thumb? Less than a gram gets regular-sized RAWs, more than a gram gets king-sized. More than two grams and I'm making a king-sized cone and packing it, but that hasn't happened in years. idk, it all boils down to preference but I much prefer a short, fat joint than a skinny, long one. Seems to taste better and burn more evenly.

idk why but typing this post up has me craving a blunt for the first time in a long while...

Just saw this about shit joints. Increase the CBD perhaps? I get paranoid as hell when the THC gets too high (no pun intended), but I still needed to kill the pain. Went super high on CBD to THC ratio and it helped a lot. Chondroitin, Glucoasamine, and hyaluronic acid will help gauranteed. And obvioulsy some Ibuprofen- stay hydrated!

I have to agree with you, it's probably because of the rolling.

The Rolling is important for the joint experience, but also what you put inside is important. Next time use a ✂️ scissors and grind a bit finer to decrease airflow and make it more uniform.

If you are using tobacco replacement try to find one that doesn't burn to quickly and doesn't have a lot of sticks in it.