• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's an amateur photographer here?? show your wares!!

^Nope, it's part of Ankor Wat in Cambodia.

Just a bit of fucking around in photoshop with fake depth of field. The technique is called tilt-shifting and it's basically an optical illusion.

^ damn, that's pretty awesome though. I thought it was all miniature hence the model train track. Nice job

Angkor Wat, eh? :D
IMG_3460.jpg

Taken from the RH side of the entrance

viewofangkorwatfrommoat.jpg

One of the many western-facing dooways. I over-exposed it slightly to give the effect of a light-filled door. I like the ethereal outcome, given the environent. :)

IMG_3376.jpg

Taken March 06. One of the best experiences of my life, to date, was visiting Cambodia. :)

Last edited:
samadhi said:
Angkor Wat, eh? :D
IMG_3460.jpg

Taken March 06. One of the best experiences of my life, to date, was visiting Cambodia. :)
Beautiful photos samadhi :)
My brother and sister-in-law did 6 months of volunteer dental work in a children's hospital last year. It sounds like such an amazing place, I really would like to go. But I'd like to do it as a volunteer or something like that rather than as a tourist, as such...cos Chris and Mel were such a part of the community, they got to see parts of Cambodia and its people that you wouldn't otherwise get to see. Not to mention that they speak fluent Khmer now, pretty cool :)

I guess we were lucky in that we had a contact over there, a local, who not only took us to the "touristy" places, but to more out of the way places, such as one of the orphanages, and one of the childrens' dance schools. We also were able to meet a heap of locals. We'd love to travel over there for a working/volunteer stint as well, we were on our honeymoon for this trip and only there for 8 days.

samadhi said:
I guess we were lucky in that we had a contact over there, a local, who not only took us to the "touristy" places, but to more out of the way places, such as one of the orphanages, and one of the childrens' dance schools. We also were able to meet a heap of locals. We'd love to travel over there for a working/volunteer stint as well, we were on our honeymoon for this trip and only there for 8 days.
Sounds amazing though samadhi, you were indeed lucky to experience Cambodia in such a way!

Raving Loony said:
My latest acquistion, a Canon EF 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6 IS L.
Canon-Telephoto-L-Zoom-Lenses.jpg

did you get the tripod stand?

You know i'm super jealous!!

Now let's see some pics...

Here's a photo I took a while ago. Its not really that good, but the flowers are pretty.

IMG_0134.jpg

Mr. Horse said:
did you get the tripod stand?

You know i'm super jealous!!

Now let's see some pics...

I have got the tripod mount ring with it, a UV filter and have since bought the 1.4x EF Extender. I took the photo below this morning in the howling wind and was taken at 560mm without crop. I'll get a better photo later. :)

IMG_7109-vi.jpg

^ how are you finding the 1.4x?

here are a couple of photos from Parklife Melb.

1467159498_d6c7a75b14.jpg

1466322287_5c2de1755f.jpg

Mr. Horse said:
^ how are you finding the 1.4x?

I bought it because I plan to go to africa next year, so I will need focal length. Plus if you want to try and photograph birdlife, you absolutely need mega mm's. There is a loss of sharpness with it, that is for sure and also when used with the 100-400mm my 350D won't auto focus with it as the minimum apeture exceeded the f5.6 limit (Only the Canon 1D* series will work) so I loose some further quality by having to rely on manual focusing.

I plan to go Africa next year, so the 1.4x extender will be handy for when i need to do a lens change without exposing the sensor to dust. :)

But yeah it is good, but it is a bugger shooting in low light at F8 at 560mm in manual focus mode whilst photographing a willy wag tail jumping around. ;)

After a little while of using I'm a little disappointed with the lens the zoom quality when I used in conjunction with the extender. There does appear to be a bit of a luck when it comes to getting sharp zoom lenses (although the 70-200 is the exception).

However, I took this one in my backyard on sunday without the extender and filter from about 2m. It is respectable quality considering I didn't drop the apeture down to a favourable F number, ie eight or more and have done no post processing at all.

Large picture warning

Oh my god uTranceMe ... your baby girl is amazingly gorgeous.

You better get yourself a big ass shot gun! I can see her becoming a complete knock out once she starts to hit puberty....