• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's an amateur photographer here?? show your wares!!

These are in Canberra..

The bottom photo is old parliament house..

I think they are willows... I never really paid attention when they have leaves on them...

They're lovely photos... you've also inspired me to go back through my photos of our trip to Cambodia and convert some of the temple pics and others to B&W. It totally changes the photos, but i'm not sure if i like them in B&W?

This is the tallest tree (strangler fig) at Ta Phrom (where Tombraider was filmed)

tree.jpg

cambodiabw.jpg

and

door.jpg

Actually, no, i prefer them in colour, there is far more depth to them.

They are good photos!

I love B&W photos...

I have dug up all my old photo's i took around Canberra.. Just loading them up... shall post for your lovely eyes!

Here is the colour version of the middle photo, which i like better, due to the lushness of the foliage in the centre, which the doorway "frames". There were so many "doorways" in the temples, some that went nowhere, some that framed things, i took so many doorway pics.

IMG_35221.jpg

Here is one more i've converted (i don't have full access to all of them, as i'm not on the home computer)

Untitled-3.jpg

This one, to me, is really striking, and would lose that if converted to B&W (IMO). It's the northern (?) gate of the Grand Palace in Phnom Penh, Cambodia:

IMG_25731.jpg

I really like that one - i think it's the blue sky.

That last pic is fantastic! It took me a second to figure out what it actually was (before i read the text underneath [wink])

samadhi said:
IMG_35221.jpg

Here is one more i've converted Here is one more i've converted (i don't have full access to all of them, as i'm not on the home computer)

This is nicer... It's a great photo!!

i love your work!

I also have a thing for rock formations, and have a huge amount of random rock photos, but i like these 2 (taken on Koh Yao Noi, Thailand):

IMG_2437-1.jpg

IMG_2436-1.jpg

I usually don't like taking photos of building/architecture, but the temples really moved me and there were so many great photo ops... it was hard not to take a good photo in Thailand and Cambodia. [smile]

AlphaCharlieID said:
This is nicer... It's a great photo!!

i love your work!

Yeah, i thought so too, the contrast between the stone and the foliage is awesome.
smile.gif
If you want to see more Thailand/Cambodia pics, there are a heap in my Bluelight journal.

They are fantastic!!!

I love rocks too... Love love rock pools...

Am going to try and steal my house mates camera and go nuts tomorrow

Thanks! My camera died (Canon S5 IS) so i'm in the market for a newie... can anyone recommend anything? I'm keen to explore the world of dslr photography, and while i like canon cameras, if someone has a good recommendation for another brand, i'm open to it. I want to get it by July, as i have a date with a certain Sydney laydeemod to go on a pic mission when the Mr & I are down there next month.

^
biggrin.gif

My scanner sucks, no nice picture of telstra tower for you guys.

Acid... tell me about how you took your shower drops photo!

P.S. Thanks horsey :-D

Last edited:
I loved that one too.

You've got such a good eye for composition, ACID :)

Pelican feeding time in Kalbarri, WA.

RIMG3307.jpg

Just thought I'd post a note for those who are feeling a little competitive... Second Opinion hosts a weekly photography competition. If you'd like to take part, this week's theme is Statues and Monuments and you can enter here, or vote for last week's (the colour green) here.

grin.gif