• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Who's a famous bag head then?... I start with Martin Pellow, livin in a world.....

Also, if no ones already mentioned it.

All the members of spacemen 3. J. Pierce, Sonic Boom etc

You.

Let's return this to the front page to celebrate Pink's campaign to return opium to the masses and repeal the drug laws.

I usually reach for my syringe whenever people talk of celebrity but here's a couple of my own favourites. Alvin Karpis. Noel Coward. J. Maclaren Ross. Flo from the Supremes. Mayor Berry. I think someone mentioned Johnny Thunders - Jerry Nolan and the other heartbreakers. When Tom Petty 'won' the right to the Heartbreakers name, Thunders just couldn't comprehend why the record company didn't fancy Jonny and the Junkies as alternative band name, as he said you couldn't think of a better or more accurate descriptive title. Florence Nightingale. Frankie Lynam. Dion di Muchi. Waylon Jennings. Patsy Cline. Fran Farmer. Thelma Todd. Jesus, you could go on all night. can recall if St John was on the opium, mushrooms or the hashish..

Judging from the Book of Revelation alone, John was a polydrug kinda guy. :)

Different John to the one the Gospel is named after. Dunno if that one was also beatified but most Christians don't seem to know that it was a different fella anyway so probably doesn't matter much. The Revelation one is often theorised to have used the mushrooms that grow abundantly on the island he was stuck on though.

Yeah, he was canonised. Hence 'St. John' being somewhat ambiguous. :p

I'm impressed by your knowledge of early Christianity though. <3

Hate religion but am also fascinated by it so is a bit of a hobby of mine. Confuses fuck outta Christian folk who have tried discussing religious matters with me though. Gobsmacking how little most seem to know about their own religion really. Or not cos it's all a bit too complex if you try to separate the fact from the fiction. At least as much as possible.

Hate religion but am also fascinated by it so is a bit of a hobby of mine. Confuses fuck outta Christian folk who have tried discussing religious matters with me though. Gobsmacking how little most seem to know about their own religion really. Or not cos it's all a bit too complex if you try to separate the fact from the fiction. At least as much as possible.

I know what you mean. Exactly.

My mate was a theology student (at the same time as being a Muslim and an alcoholic, but that's another story). He was told by a Christian (not studying theology, obviously) that 'knowledge' wasn't needed where there was 'faith'.

No wonder people have perverted that shit to their own ends since time immemorial. :\

Somebody please get back to famous junkies now before I send this thread all Hatfieldesque.

Scott Walker. Olivia Channon. Bela Lugosi. Groucho Marx and daughter. Judy Garland and daughters. Robert Evans. You mom's favourite movie star. Jet Harris and Billie Davis. Sarah Palin (small joke). Sarah Bernhardt. Bob Mitchum. Sonny Liston. Sue Osman. Gregory Corso. Half the Dead End kids. Seth Morgan. Emmett Grogan. Miles Davies, half the good jazz musicians you've heard of and 80% of the drummers. William Watling. Better not to mention the Italian-Americans, the glitterati protected by the studios 'sue or shoot list' and for sure the peers and Royals. Howard Hughes. Keats. Jayne Mansfield. Jimmie Rogers, the singing breakman. The Singing Postman. The Singing Nun. Edie Sedgwick. Possibly some popes. Definitely some Pogues. Tammy Wynette. Cecil Parkinson's daughter. Errol Flynn. Graham Greene. Dr Wotsisname, Thatcher's senior medical advisor. Hank Williams. Dr John Petro. The list goes on forever and the party never ends. As one rock singer said, when asked if he took the dope on offer, " Wouldn't you? "

Last edited:
Scott Walker. Olivia Channon. Bela Lugosi. Groucho Marx. His daughter. Judy Garland. Her daughters. Lord and Lady Gormandsley. Jet Harris and Billie Davis. Sarah Palin (small joke). Sarah Bernhardt. Sue Osman. Gregory Corso. Half the Dead End kids. Seth Morgan. Emmett Grogan. Miles Davies, half the good jazz musicians you've heard of and 80% of the drummers. William Watling. Better not to mention the Italian-Americans. Robert Evans. Better not to mention the glitterati protected by the studios 'sue or shoot list'. Howard Hughes. Keats. Jayne Mansfield. Edie Sedgwick. Possibly some popes. Definitely some Pogues. Tammy Wynette. Cecil Parkinson's daughter. Errol Flynn.

... not to mention Charlie Clean. :)

Keep on postin' old timer, because I heard a non- BLer who sometimes reads my posts praising your style t'other day. He likes Burroughs, so he has taste.

Me? I'm too narcissistic for that. But post on Mr. Clean. <3

^
Now Naked Lunch speaks to me - Burroughs is a master communicator if you can hear or should that be listen? ;)

Wish your mate was a publisher. Bills come due and I don't have the trust fund or the royalties to fall back on. Always envied the likes of Burroughs and Richards, the Nanker-Phelge of heroin chic, for their access to the bread. But I always had the greater and the better dope, so swings and roundabouts.

Yeah, Burroughs knew how to write. And to play the image. But, mon, what a jackdaw. Tell him your stories in an unguarded, encouraged moment, when you picked up his next novel you'd find they weren't yours any more. Thieving junkies.

Anyway back to the list. Not so much of the old timer, my best years are ahead of me. Mary Shelley. Percy Byshe Shelley. Byron. Denny Laine. Ian Maclagan. Ronnie Wood. Jack Bruce. Eric Clapton. Bert Jansch. Donovan. Jeff Beck. Peter Frampton. Peter Lorre. Bob Dylan. Leonard Cohen. Tim Buckley. Tim Hardin. Kenneth Anger. Truman Capote. Bobby Beausoleil. Herman Goering. Winston Churchill. Lord Buckley. Charlie Parker. Maria Schneider. Phil Kent. David Bowie. Courtesy of Seth Morgan, Janis Joplin. Esther Philips. Mama Cass Elliot. Rambling Jack Elliot. Ezra Pound. Lyndsay Buckingham. Stevie Nicks. Peter Fonda. Lon Chaney. Do I get a prize yet? Mike Nesmith. James Elroy. James Lee Burke, master of the American metaphor. Bessie Smith. Marlene Dietrich. Yoko Ono. Paul Getty. Robert Kennedy, Jnr. Robert Downey Jnr. Peter Lawford. Kate Moss. Chet Atkins, Anais Nin. Thomas Merton. Anita Roddick. Art Pepper. Pete Brown. Ginger Baker. Blind Willie McTell. Charley Patton. Dennis Hopper. Bercholt Brecht. The wife of the guy who invented the hypodermic syringe. Debbie Harry.

Last edited:
wow, this has gone moving afain, takes me back to the start of the drought when i was bored as fuck and just passing time, still am bored as fuck and just passing time, hay hoho,

let me post some one here
anita roddick, really from the body shop?

wow, this has gone moving afain, takes me back to the start of the drought when i was bored as fuck and just passing time, still am bored as fuck and just passing time, hay hoho,

let me post some one here
anita roddick, really from the body shop?

Maybe she got her Hep C from a lavatory seat. It's the doctor,- what is his name? - who was Thatchers top medical advised while banging up four times a day, who wins the prize for PR hutzpah. Think he now campaigns as you do for heroin on the NHS. Mainly on youtube. Maybe someone can recall his name. For the quick-off-the-mark award, you can't beat the wife of the hypodermic syringe inventor and the world's first injecting opiate addict.

Funny how Cameron's Middle East peace tour starts in Kuwait, where you can't fart unless your name's Al Sabah. If you do, you risk having your head blown off. Guess which country supplies the weapons. Same country supplies the equipment for poor Qaddafi's West African mercenaries to quieten Libyan citizens.

If I'm caught with dope you've sold me, I get 6 months and you go down for a five stretch. Thunderthighs Hilary already cries for old Muammer's head on a plate. What'd she do with the pusher?

Madness, fucking madness. This war economy has to stop soon. But the country needs the money and the arms companies provide jobs. Yes but. Come on.

Connected to why there's so many closet celeb dopefiends and no diamorphine on the NHS? Distantly, yes. Love and peace.

On a minor historical note, I see a post about the decline and demise of the inimitable Thunders. What happened to him in the eighties? Was he really killed in a seedy New Orleans motel room squabble over methadone?

Last edited:
On a minor historical note, I see a post about the decline and demise of the inimitable Thunders. What happened to him in the eighties? Was he really killed in a seedy New Orleans motel room squabble over methadone?

According to Dee Dee Ramone, yes.

The official verdict was that the death was 'drug related' but there was never a criminal investigation, despite the fact his room had been ransacked.

Just another junkie as far as the police were concerned. :\

Though apparently he was in a pretty shocking state due to leukaemia anyway. Poor Johnny.