• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who is your favorite drug addict(s) and/or user(s) of all time?

Imo

3023959437_620c1fbdbe_z.jpg

yeah shes a cool chick, theres a funny movie about her life, i forget the name.

Dennis+Hopper+ApocalyseNow_DennisHopper_Kurt.jpg

'I should have been dead ten times over. I`ve thought about that a lot. I believe in miracles. It`s an absolute miracle that I`m still around.'
Dennis Hopper

i always thought she was into coke as opposed to opiates though

i guess some people swing both ways? :?

Sorry if this has been covered already, but Thomas de Quincey. I'm sure that I could come up with several people, but I find addiction back in older times fascinating.
I'm already thinking of a couple of other favorites even as I type this, so I will probably edit this post soon :)
I love the following quote:

“here was the secret of happiness, about which philosophers had disputed for so many ages, at once discovered; happiness might now be bought for a penny, and carried in the waistcoat-pocket; portable ecstasies might be had corked up in a pint-bottle; and peace of mind could be sent down by the mail.” ― Thomas de Quincey, Confessions of an English Opium Eater

Cat
PS...Cool topic!
EDIT: Here's a giant contradiction... I like how honest this person is about the disgusting parts of addiction.
http://m.vice.com/read/amphe-nothing-is-wrong-if-it-feels-good

Last edited:
Neil_Young_2008_Firenze_02.jpg

The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end. - Neil Young, From Hank To Hendrix

Every junkie is like a setting sun. - Neil Young, The Needle And The Damage Done

There was a band playing in my head and I felt like getting high. - Neil Young, After The Gold Rush

Think I'll roll another number for the road. - Neil Young, Roll Another Number

i guess some people swing both ways? :?
all at the same damn time8o

Sorry if this has been covered already, but Thomas de Quincey. I'm sure that I could come up with several people, but I find addiction back in older times fascinating.
I'm already thinking of a couple of other favorites even as I type this, so I will probably edit this post soon :)
I love the following quote:

“here was the secret of happiness, about which philosophers had disputed for so many ages, at once discovered; happiness might now be bought for a penny, and carried in the waistcoat-pocket; portable ecstasies might be had corked up in a pint-bottle; and peace of mind could be sent down by the mail.” ― Thomas de Quincey, Confessions of an English Opium Eater

Cat
PS...Cool topic!
EDIT: Here's a giant contradiction... I like how honest this person is about the disgusting parts of addiction.
http://m.vice.com/read/amphe-nothing-is-wrong-if-it-feels-good

thomas-de-quincey.jpg

Here's a giant contradiction... I like how honest this person is about the disgusting parts of addiction.
IMO that person hasn't the faintest glimmer as to the digusting parts of addiction. What i guess the pills and booze are to blame for their actions, like when she threw down her three amps she wasn't thinkn, yep im getn laid by someone elses hubby tonight!.. RITE.. WILL SOME ONE SOMEWHERE PLEASE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS! IT WAS THE DRUGS, THE GOVERNMENT, ect.. till i want to fkn throw up.. and if i did it wouldn't be my fault, it would be macd610. Hey, not personal just had to get that nagging idea off my chest.. hope u r doing just fine.

Around this thread

Guilt and self loathing are major parts of addiction, It is important to realize that you are in this with amazing people, including you.

People with addictions may feel that they are unable to accomplish anything, I think not.

It shows that there are but a few outcomes to addiction, recovery and death are two, and both are shown here, have to stay in reality.​

Last edited:
IMO that person hasn't the faintest glimmer as to the digusting parts of addiction. What i guess the pills and booze are to blame for their actions, like when she threw down her three amps she wasn't thinkn, yep im getn laid by someone elses hubby tonight!.. RITE.. WILL SOME ONE SOMEWHERE PLEASE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS! IT WAS THE DRUGS, THE GOVERNMENT, ect.. till i want to fkn throw up.. and if i did it wouldn't be my fault, it would be macd610. Hey, not personal just had to get that nagging idea off my chest.. hope u r doing just fine.

Around this thread

Guilt and self loathing are major parts of addiction, It is important to realize that you are in this with amazing people, including you.

People with addictions may feel that they are unable to accomplish anything, I think not.

It shows that there are but a few outcomes to addiction, recovery and death are two, and both are shown here, have to stay in reality.

Don't take it personally at all , my friend. The cool thing (rather ONE of the many cool things) about this site--and this thread in particular--is the fact that we can have totally different opinions on any given subject and still have the utmost respect for one another.
I think the link I put up WAS probably a poor example of why I respect Marnell in some ways...I have my reasons, though.
Thanks for the input, Never Sick, in all sincerity :)
Hope everyone is having a great night.
Cat

^^ u mean others are allowed to think? Ha, We are probably allot closer in view than this demonstrates , great input as well.. I bet we might agree that something to show how nasty bizarre addiction can get would be an ok idea to include here, as its the addicts i love not the addiction.

Last edited:
Drew Barrymore
drew_barrymore_hd_wallpaper-normal.jpg

- “I know certain actors are totally screwed up on drugs, yet it gets covered up. Why wasn't I excused for 'exhaustion' or 'the flu'?”
- “Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths.”

elliott-smith-200pg060810.jpg

I think someone might have already said it, but Elliott Smith!

"You don't deserve to feel lonely, but those drugs you got won't make you feel better. Pretty soon you'll find it's the only little part of your life you're keeping together."

Man I love that Elliott Smith quote. Man I just love Elliott in general.

And that chick from Vice makes me want to punch people. It must be fuckin awesome to be rich and hot

NSFW:
johnny-depp-transcendence-wally-pfister.jpg

"Out on the street, you never know what you're getting, and suddenly two days later you're beating yourself in the head with a tennis racket, wearing a towel, quoting Poe."

Jonny Depp

nothing is wrong if it feels good

original.jpg

“I was the Ambassador of No-Sleep Beauty. The president of the Society for Looking Good While Secretly Hallucinating Rats Under Your Desk at Work. The editor-in-chief of ‘Bright-Eyed + Quietly Puking In Your Own Mouth’ magazine."

“My heart is a Hanna Liden neon pentagram. Watch it glow like an eye under this very pink sky I was walking under on Lafayette. I am the tannest vampire. I smell like Hypnotiq and cocoa butter. I am humming like a Miele dishwasher: getting high is just a looping lullaby I am too cowardly to end."

C MARNEL..

louis_armstrong_prag_1965.jpg

There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong

100-gadling-bumper.jpg

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by a moderator: