• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who is your favorite drug addict(s) and/or user(s) of all time?

what was alexander the great addicted to (apart from booze)?

yeah sorry, just locked on the worst one., booze.. don' buy the law.... ha

When it comes to favorite junkies, Layne Staley is at the top of my list.. an incredibly talented musician and was one hell of a dope fiend before he unfortunately met his end due to this crap back on 02'. A sad day indeed.

tumblr_me4bynJDSs1r65m4vo1_400.jpg

RESP

Last edited by a moderator:
That's kind of like asking who is your favorite person in general. I can't think of anyone famous who never used drugs at all. The extreme risk-aversion that would inspire someone to be completely clean for life pretty much makes doing anything interesting impossible.

That said, if we're limiting it to ADDICTS, I've always had a weird fondness for Paul Erdos, the mathematician. He did methylphenidate and amphetamine and claimed it helped him in his work.

Edit:

OK, I just realized the thread specifically asked about addicts, not users. I'm leaving my comment there anyway because I think it's tangentially relevant.

Edited title to include drug users, even though its already in the OP.

^ thanks Seyer:)

That's kind of like asking who is your favorite person in general. I can't think of anyone famous who never used drugs at all. The extreme risk-aversion that would inspire someone to be completely clean for life pretty much makes doing anything interesting impossible.

That said, if we're limiting it to ADDICTS, I've always had a weird fondness for Paul Erdos, the mathematician. He did methylphenidate and amphetamine and claimed it helped him in his work.

Edit:

OK, I just realized the thread specifically asked about addicts, not users. I'm leaving my comment there anyway because I think it's tangentially relevant.

erdos1.png

Last edited:
NSFW:
tennessee.jpg

-A high station in life is earned by the gallantry with which appalling experiences are survived with grace.

-Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

-I have found it easier to identify with the characters who verge upon hysteria, who were frightened of life, who were desperate to reach out to another person. But these seemingly fragile people are the strong people really.

Tennessee Williams

Hunter S. Thompson, KoRn (when they were younger) and users of amphetamines.

David_Silveria_of_Korn_by_banxter.jpg

David Silveria

Jonathan+Davis+new4.jpg

Jonathan Davis

James+Shaffer.jpg

James Shaffer

Brian-Welch-pic.jpg

Brian Welch

4871514451_1c8d698542_o.jpg

Reginald Arvizu

Well look at this
I see clearly now
Look at this
I can feel it now
Happyness
Is seldom found
Pop A Pill
I'm so damn happy now.

Feeling things crawl on me
I need my fix today
This is way beyond me
I can't live without you today.

Well look at this
I see colors now
Look at this
It got ugly now
Happyness
Is seldom found
Pop my pill
I'm so damn happy now.

I need my fix today
This is way beyond me

You today. You today.

I don't care about anything around me
Even all the love that surrounds me
Beat me
Eat me
I don't care about anything
I do this to shut out the voice
Within'
Within'
Within'.

I don't care about anything.

I need my fix today
This is way beyond me
You today. You today. You today.

I need my fix today
This is way beyond me

dave-navarro-picture-7-600px.jpg

Dave Navarro

axlrosebw.jpg

AXL

Last edited by a moderator:
Title of the thread changed to include users too, so I'll add Nick Drake. The album Pink Moon is a masterpiece

darryl_strawberry--300x300.jpg

“I have a lot of regrets about what I've done. If I had to do it over again, I never would have left the Mets. I'm very thankful for all that Mr. (George) Steinbrenner did for me when I was with the Yankees, but I wish I had stayed in New York with the Mets.”

Darryl Strawberry

any self respecting junkie loves themselves and the drug only. so me.

lindsaylohan.jpg

lindsay lohan.

eyes pinned?

angelina-jolie-by-Jo-drawing[232975].jpg

"I hate heroin because I’ve been fascinated by it. I’m not immune, but I won’t do it now, at all."

Angelina Jolie

Last edited:
Bradley Nowell is definitely my favorite. Mitch Hedberg takes second, but he and everyone else are pretty far off from Bradley. I <3 Sublime.

tumblr_maikmdP5HJ1r43w6vo1_500.jpg

Zack De La Roca

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and that they have open minds.”

Last edited:
Fuck how could I have forgotten Lenny Bruce! And I never knew Zac De La Roca was an addict... to what?

From Zack De La Roca biography:
'In 1981, his father suffered a serious mental breakdown, leaving Zack with enough emotional baggage to trigger a slight drug problem. "It was a very difficult thing for me to see," he admits. "At that point in time, your father could become your whole identity, your source and strength. It really devastated me, and because of it, I found ways to periodically escape from that."

It wasn't until Zack discovered hardcore punk that he began the effort to stay clean. The straight-edge community of which he later became a part not only discouraged drug use, but distinctly frowned upon it.'