• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

who gets anxiety "or even panic attacks" from weed?

Could the solution be micro hits? Do all indicas have cbd in them?
I believe so. But small hits are a good place to start. When I smoke too much even now or eat edibles, smoke blunts or dabs etc. Then I get too high. But some small puffs from a pipe or a small hit from a bong is a good place to start. Blunts contain nicotine too so if you have anxiety problems I'd suggest staying away. Nicotine is known for contributing to anxiety along with caffeine. So avoid nicotine or caffeine consumption near the time you're going to smoke.

Also might I suggest taking an anxiolytic. For the purpose of harm reduction I'd suggest hydroxyzine or Valerian root. Possibly a beta blocker, clonidine or buspirone( though the formers are preferred over the latters). I'd suggest staying away from benzodiazepines or opioids to control pot related anxiety only because if you become addicted to these drugs its a new hell you'll deal with far worse than THC induced panic attacks.

Real dank shit gives me anxiety a lot and seems to get worse as i get older. but I find alcohol as a great tool to kill it. Before you smoke have like 2 or 3 beers and i promise you will not have any anxiety or panic attacks and if you do they wont be nearly as bad. the more alcohol the better the high in my opinion. there is nothing better than bucking a half gal of jim beam and taking rips from the bong all night in my opinion ;)

Me, very bad. I never use too until I started abusing benzos. Now that I stopped and havent used them in awhile, I get bad panic attacks when I smoke, it sucks. Im high now and just got over having one, I read something hilarious and it went away.

Certain strains give more anxiety/paranoia than others. Sativas seems to do it less often than Indicas IME.

I solved my cannabis anxiety problem by only smoking strains with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio. Never really have any trouble with those.

the thing is with weed (skunk) is it used to give me incredible dry mouth, which would then lead onto anxiety because i would be anxious if anyone started started talking to me, I wouldnt be able to reply without them thinking 'wtf is WRONG with you" because my lips used to stick together making me unable to pronounce certain words or cylables. I gave up just about a year ago along with tobacco..best choice i ever made. It was all fun and games when i was young smoking all day everyday but slowly the downsides started appearing making me really hate smoking that shit. Best choice i've ever made in my life.

I've never known stuff like hash to cause the same problems..but they all make you demotivated and you end up doing nothing with your life..like most of my old friends.

well the main reason people get nerves when smoking weed, is because its illegal in most places, or their parents aint okay with them smoking weed.

oh really? is that the main reason??

Last edited:
Me, very bad. I never use too until I started abusing benzos. Now that I stopped and havent used them in awhile, I get bad panic attacks when I smoke, it sucks. Im high now and just got over having one, I read something hilarious and it went away.

thats kind of heart warming..made me smile lol

thats kind of heart warming..made me smile lol
Haha its part of te anxiety and panic attacks associated with opiate withdrawal, once im past acute withdrawals of whatever drug im withdrawaling from the anxiety is never as bad and I can actually enjoy bud again, and realizing its just another episode helps

I say this all the time but it's so true- drinking kava kava when you smoke will take away your anxiety and let you enjoy the high

Anxiety with weed is super common, to stop it, go somewhere you enjoy (warm and calm), doing something you enjoy (listen to music, watch a film [preferably stoner]) and remain calm with breathing. easy to get hit by, but easy to control.

personally, I have social anxiety, but I force myself out a lot and hang out with people I enjoy, if I don't enjoy them I feel alienated and different, causing anxiety, therefore I avoid that (not smoking before parties etc.). Smoke with those you trust, like all drugs and the ride will be smooth.

I used to get panics attacks from smoking all the time. Recently I wanted to try it again but this time I tried smoking it with a pipe. Without the tobacco it feels like a different experience. It is actually fun.

Okay so I've only had a little bit of good highs from weed. Most the time, I literally start (it feels like) losing and gaining consciousness really fast. I did some research and found out that because I have bad anxiety, my brain fights the weed like it's something bad. It makes my adrenaline pump, heart beat fast, and most noticeably I go in and out of consciousness.. it's so quick though that I can complete tasks and tell someone what I'm feeling and that I need think go listen to music and be alone (I get paranoid that I'm speaking my thoughts out loud and I feel safer alone) ... now I'm stubborn so I keep smoking every so often. I've gotten good at forcing myself to calm down. I put my head phones on, listen to my favorite songs and force myself to pay attention. I gain control of myself and can usually calm myself within 10 minutes but I MUST have something to focus on. Either the words of to song I'm listening to or I go through a good memory step by step. I actually read an article online by a psychologist who is otherwise all for marijuana that believes people with severe anxiety shouldn't use it.. bad for your heart and your mind. I have had some amazing highs where I felt a good bit of euphoria actually from marijuana though.

Currently having one! A small one though, I even posted about it recently lol. Currently worried about moldy weed

I used to be a bit surprised when I other people that I smoked with said that weed gave them anxiety. I was diagnosed with acute anxiety at a young age and have dealt with it in varying degrees for the past 8-9 years. I was prescribed several benzos until diazepam (Valium) was settled on as the most effective. However, benzos have always given me too many negative side effects. I started smoking weed and noticed it would drastically decrease my anxiety, anywhere from taking away minor anxiety to saving me from full blown panic attacks.

Fast forward to 3-4 years of smoking daily, 2-3 times a day, I've never experienced anxiety after smoking even though I'm very predisposed to anxiety. I certainly acknowledge that it is very common with most people, but there's also a lot of people that say it's inevitable when it most certainly isn't. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Yes only if I have quit and my tolerance has reset. Once my tolerance is back up weed becomes blissful and relaxing again.

But ya, after quitting and starting back up, those first 3-4 sessions cause mad anxiety.

After years of use and abuse at times it gave me anxiety and paranoia not all the time but more then I'd like... I'd prefere Valium now to chill hard to get right now tho..