• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

who gets anxiety "or even panic attacks" from weed?

Im a Benzo Pusher to but not just to smoke lol cmon guys anyway to many strains and it not being controlled in my state im subjected to a relaxing high one batch to a skiddish anxiety fueled buzz batch but either way i kno its just the weed but i to notice some strains kick my anxiety more but i do take (alot) xanax and other benzos daily but tht first smoke b4 the benzo is the best always remember benzos will help the anxiety but imo kill a bit of the weed buzz well not kill they go good together just u can tell weed has more ommph w/o benzos but i do like em together just know its a bit different imo I like them together as stated just the the finest hour of poly drug use...

i saw tht one to it was good like i said about effect some strains us not knowing the ratio like she did how can we in controlled states other then smokin n sayn it good or its panic weed lol or if its couch weed...ect n i envy the medicinal effects u get from thc for me tho i dont get much anxiolytic effect some strains maybe but nvr a replacement for my Benzos n Opies but gr8 4 u man

The few times I've had serious panic-attacks from weed have been when I've been really busy/stressed and get really stoned shortly before bed. In the period between consciousness and sleep, I tend to have hypnagogic hallucinations, which have caused panic attacks thinking I was losing the plot.

Otherwise, in social situations I feel uncomfortable and unfamiliar in, I can get pretty intense anxiety which causes me to be withdrawn.

I find the potential for anxiety increases relative to the amount of unresolved mental/relational conflict I'm currently going through in life.

If weed makes you constantly anxious or gives you panic attacks, it's time to: 1. try a different strain 2. smoke a lot less 3. take a decent tolerance break, while figuring out the things in your life which might be giving you added stress.

I recently picked up smoking semi-frequently again after a good 3 years of only smoking once in a blue moon because it made me feel "off," like I couldn't relax into it. Now, I'm gravy.

Nothing wrong with putting it down and picking it up again later when it's more agreeable to your system.

Anyone who now suffers from sober anxiety and have gotten their anxiety from cannabis abuse should try: http://www.lindenmethod.com/

I know that site looks like a basic scam site but download it illegally (example piratebay) and read that motherfucker. it really helps. I've been panic attack free for over half a year now thanks to the Linden Method. It really works. It basically tells you that anxiety is just fear in your subconsciousness goind round & round and will be there forever if you won't understand it. You can get rid of it through meditating and doing mindfulness meditation practices. It only took me like two of 30minute breathing&relaxation practices to get rid of my anxiety. Seriously guys, try The Linden Method. It works !

ps: I can tell more about my situtation about anxiety if anyones interested really.

Some times I get anxious after dank buds. The best way to combat this is to just chill. Breathe. Avoid stems like caffeine and the likes you'll be golden.

Been an on and off consumer for coming up on 30 years. Had gotten away from it for several years though, but got a chance to get some a year ago and was totally bummed out when I had an anxiety reaction (the opposite of what I was going for)!

After a year of research and trial & error however, I've figured out how to beat it.

Short story - microdosing.

Basically I grind up my herb, and then vape a really...REALLY small amount. It's hard to describe how much though. I created a little scoop by cutting about 1/5 of a bicycle tire air-cap and drilled a screw into it's side for a handle. Probably something like 1/5 a whole bowl on an average pipe. I vape that...and I get some good feelings...but nothing bad. 45 minutes or an hour later, repeat.

No anxiety...and get that chill, relaxed feeling I was looking for. You'll have to experiment to figure out how much is right for you.

So folks in short...watch those doses! Go very very low...and see how it goes. Also I cut out caffeine (I'm pretty sure that exacerbated things).

Enjoy!

PS. I also vape the heck out of it (high heat) to ensure I get all the CBD...which counters anxiety I've read...that's part of the answer too. :)

Or hash for that matter

Yeah basically if you already have an anxiety issue you should beware, but if you don't use high dose THC weed you should be fine even with anxiety.. indica's with low THC are very relaxing, and tend to act as anti-anxiety meds do. Sativa is more cerebral and anxiety inducing, but it works well for pain. While Indica is more physical and sedating, and works for different types of pain. Sativa tends to help with Nerve pain, while Indica helps with muscle, and other misc pain. They both work the same if you smoke too much :)

Exactly, i feel guilty for not being on my "a" game if something were to happen... Guilt? Idk

tho. Xanxny and a smoke was a pleasant feeling today :)

Me for sure. I can't smoke more than a few hits without certain anxiety. I found its almost always social anxiety. I actually back in 2009 had to quit smoking weed completely because one hit would send me into a panic attack. Then I recently started again and found that smoking a little can be nice.. Just gotta be careful who I smoke around or use a benzo/downer of some sort with it. If I feel uncomfortable around someone I'll get very paranoid and even around friends I'll feel very awkward and paranoid that I'm annoying or sound stupid...

I get an anxiety more so now then in the past, probably because I have a more stressful life and smoking too much sends my thoughts into all the things I should be doing instead of getting high! Haha but a few hits I can function. Totally understand feeling uncomfortable around certain people.

Me for sure. I can't smoke more than a few hits without certain anxiety. I found its almost always social anxiety. I actually back in 2009 had to quit smoking weed completely because one hit would send me into a panic attack. Then I recently started again and found that smoking a little can be nice.. Just gotta be careful who I smoke around or use a benzo/downer of some sort with it. If I feel uncomfortable around someone I'll get very paranoid and even around friends I'll feel very awkward and paranoid that I'm annoying or sound stupid...

THIS. A thousand times this.

I used to smoke about 1/4 a week, and was totally fine until towards the end when I had to quit for a while. I started getting panic attacks related to social anxiety, but also started to get pretty bad paranoia and anxiety even if I was on my own, or with my better half (who usually makes me feel pretty relaxed).

Nowadays I usually have to take a downer with my weed, or micro-dose. One thing I found really amped up my anxiety levels as well was mixing it with tobacco - when I smoke a bowl, things aren't as bad, and when I vape I'm totally fine. I don't know why, I guess it's the stimulant effect, but it really gets my heart racing and triggers panic attacks, unless I have a benzo on hand. Sometimes I don't have to actually take the benzo, just knowing I can if I need to helps. I wouldn't suggest getting in to the habit though - what I found was easier was to just cut out the pot for a bit :p

Vaping and smoking bowls, in small amounts instead definitely helped - though my biggest problem was trying to quit the urge to smoke joints. When you're addicted to tobacco and you smoke weed, whenever you would normally have a cig you think "fuck it i'm smoking anyway, might as well roll a j"

Weed sometimes makes me anxious. Hash not as much (I usually get moroccan)
I used to smoke a lot and I smoke almost daily, and having benzos on hand helps. I had a panic attack on weed which led me to the ER (my heart rate reached 250bpm. That's faster than Slayer ffs)

The thing is, I was on citalopram for 6 months. I feel as if it had accentuated my anxiety which was non-existent prior to that major PA I had. Be aware of this shitty med!

which came first: the anxiety or the weed?

People with anxiety problems.

Not necessarily... Certainly if you have a genetic predisposition to anxiety issues then smoking cannabis/hash/pot can set it off, but I also know of people who never had any anxiety problems and smoked weed for years before they started to feel paranoid, developed anxiety and even panic attacks after smoking. So the question becomes does excessive pot use lead to anxiety, or do people who are already anxious have this issue exacerbated by their drug use?
There are plenty of arguments for both, but my 2c would be: if smoking weed is making you anxious then it's to consider cutting down or cutting it out altogether...
(as opposed to say, getting yourself a valium habit to combat the anxiety) ;)

Gotta avoid those sativas n racy strains i just had some unknown sativa that smelled like a grape swisher last month n i swear that shit was like smoking crack or something lbvs otherwise im perfectly fine with hybrids or mostly indicas n i know a bunch of ppl that feel the same way about certain strains or purer sativas

I personally have never had a panic attack, even when I black out when I first started smoking ganja.

I've seen other have panic attacks, but mostly from smoking very high grade weed, strong Sativa's or strains that they are not used to.

One of my friends had a panic attack after he smoked very strong Blue Cheese and almost passed out 5 hours later, Indicas aren't 100% foolproof either.

well the main reason people get nerves when smoking weed, is because its illegal in most places, or their parents aint okay with them smoking weed.

It's definitely how sensitive one is the the effects of THC. Because I've been smoking for about 3 and a quarter years regularly but recently bought a vaporizer and a bong.

When I hit the bong first and then the vape I had a panic attack. My left arm was tingly and numb-ish and my heart rate was through the roof. I felt like I was blacking out. Some scary shit. I just hadn't been exposed to high doses of THC like that before besides with wax. Edibles even have me not in control. Just like on a wave of euphoria. Smoking would rarely make me anxious.

But paranoid thoughts definitely are the main contributor to a panic attack IME. As for anxiety problems, well I don't really have anxiety problems. Only when I used to binge on xanax but besides the slight social anxiety I just pretty much place myself in a mindset that is calm and collected cuz you need to be on your p's and q's in public. Not anxious and nervy.