• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which "Rare" Psychedelics Do You Want To Try?

RH-34, thats the bugger.I can't help but wonder, if given we know that RH-34 is a moderately strong partial agonist at 5HT2a, even with the N-BOMe sidechain, being a partial agonist that bodes a lot better for safety than the NBOMe phenethylamine/amphetamine compounds and their iffy track records and steep as hell, unpredictable dose-response curve; if this couldn't give us another backbone for design of a whole new series of psychedelics. 'Quinazolinediones I have known and loved'?

I mean, we don't know how strong RH-34's partial agonism actually is. As I said, it seems to have been available as an RC for a while, but people found it to be pretty much inactive as a psychedelic (at least at doses you could fit on a blotter), and it quickly disappeared again. For all we know, once you get to a hallucinogenic dosage level, RH-34 might be even better at activating 5HT2a's blood-clotting effector pathway than a regular NBOMe.

Still, it seems like an interesting idea to make NBOMe'd versions of all sorts of 5HT2a antagonists. Like ones based on trazodone's triazolopyridinone core, or risperidone's tetrahydropyridopyrimidinone core.

I've had that happen as a consequence of ingesting a sulfur compound over a prolonged period of time, a sedative-hypnotic, and over time, at the high end recreational dosage being taken, over a good few days, what at therapeutic or a few recreational doses is undetectable, built up until the most heinous, stygian, sulfurous, vomit-making stench was coming out of sweat, saliva, shit, piss, tear fluid, even nasal fluid. Thats right, it came out IN my nose, and coming out in my saliva, I could TASTE it, for over a week I had to remain in the same set of clothes, and endure this hideously potent, far-carrying stink following me everyhere, and which was so powerful that people quite literally would turn, cross the road, turn round and RUN in the opposing direction once I got to within about 100 meters of them.

Clomethiazole, right? Also, at least this time your graphic description of bodily fluids didn't include references to Theresa May, which is... good? ;)

Anyway, speaking of alkylchalkogens, there's this anecdote from Shulgin about making 2C-SE (the methylseleno analogue of 2C-T):
"There was an interesting observation associated with the making of 2C-SE. In the synthesis of many of the sulfur compounds (of the 2C-T family) is was quite common to find, when there was a quantity of some organic sulfide let go as a by-product of a reaction on a warm summer night, a number of flies coming into the lab to pay a visit. On the first synthesis of the starting material for 2C-SE, a quantity of CH3SeH was let go into the environment. Within minutes, there were two beautiful dragonflies in the lab. A coincidence certainly, but somehow, it was a nice message to receive."

You could try taking Clomeselenazole, and see if it will get people turning their heads because you are being followed by a swarm of beautiful dragonflies. Maybe even a few stunning monarch butterflies and hummingbirds. 8o

The tweetios always sounded interesting to me. More than anything I want to try 2C-E-fly. I also really want DOEF, DOTFM, also 2C-EF (I got the stuff that was actually a mix of 2C-C, 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7), and 2C-TFM (that made the rounds one time but was mostly 2C-I, a poor synth using 2C-I as a precursor).

AMT!!
Missed my chance earlier this year sadly, was available pretty cheap.

It sounds fucking amazing, hope it makes the rounds again....

It is so god damn cool that some of you know the science of drugs so well that you can frankenstein your own perfect drug in your heads. Not like "A drug like coke that makes you trip ballz!" but like, real proper knowledge of what compounds produce what effects. And the fact that there are people with the actual chemical knowledge do MAKE the frankenstein? So fucking cool.

Not even close to a rare psych, but i want to do 2CB soooo bad. I'll get it soon enough. But it is undoubtedly number 1 on my to do list.

That would be pretty amazing, yeah.

I know Buzz, I was really sad when that crazy cheap AMT dried up in like a day...

The tweetios always sounded interesting to me. More than anything I want to try 2C-E-fly. I also really want DOEF, DOTFM, also 2C-EF (I got the stuff that was actually a mix of 2C-C, 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7), and 2C-TFM (that made the rounds one time but was mostly 2C-I, a poor synth using 2C-I as a precursor).
@Xorkoth look what I just saw on Instagram

Bromodragonfly is a favorite of Ann shulgin.

You're thinking of 2C-B-fly, which is indeed a favorite of hers. Bromo-dragonfly is very different, a much less good and far sketchier drug. I've had both, and bromo-dragonfly is not very good at all, but 2C-B-fly is lovely,

@Xorkoth @Pfafffed Yeah I looked it up. Bromodragonfly is an amphetamine where 2cbfly is a phenethylamine. 5MAPB is also a neat molecule that interests me.

2-c-t-7 I’ve wanted to try it since I first read of it as a kid. Peyote too, but my conscious makes it hard knowing how long they take to grow.

-GC
Good on you man. Yeah I think it's terrible to eat peyote, unless its from a farm. It's pretty endangered now, mostly because of cattle ranching, but because of harvesting too.

I ate it (from the wild) way back before I realized this. It was a magical experience of course, but I would go back and not do it if I could, knowing this now. San Pedro is every bit as magical and much more plentiful and fast growing. Peyote cacti are such beautiful plants.

Bump this as I just saw a post on reddit about 5-Me-DMT, so apparently without the O, waiting for the erowid report to see if it was any good.
That's pretty interesting @Blowmonkey

Last edited:
@Xorkoth @Pfafffed Yeah I looked it up. Bromodragonfly is an amphetamine where 2cbfly is a phenethylamine. 5MAPB is also a neat molecule that interests me.

That's not the only difference, the -dragonflys, -flys, and -hemiflys are all different, as well. DOB-fly would be the amphetamine counterpart to 2C-B-fly. DOB-dragonfly (which is what bromo-dragonfly is) is probably similar to DOB-fly, but not the same.

Bromo-dragonfly:

200px-Bromo-DragonFLY_Structure.svg.png

2C-B-fly:

220px-2C-B-FLY_structure.svg.png

At first glance the alpha methyl added to make it an amphetamine seems to be the only difference, but the other difference is that the "wings" are aromatic in bromo-dragonfly, which further increases potency and duration, and changes the effects spectrum.

I wonder what DOB-fly would be like?