• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which Psychedelic Drug opened your eyes up the most?

Definately. There's no way of feeling how I do on mushrooms when I'm sober - that's the whole reason why they work.

But it's about distilling the essence of those feelings, the WHY of those feelings, and incorporating it into your daily life

This smacks of when you were a kid and you went somewhere nice and then you had to write a 1000 word essay about it. I don't think the 1000 word essay is as valuable as the experience itself. As Lennon said "The trip is the important thing. What you do with it afterwards is what you do with it afterwards".

You can be euphoric when cleaning out a sewer if you choose to view it a certain way.

Tell yourself "This shit doesn't smell so bad"? :D

I don't think it's a good thing to seek the maximum level of euphoria all the time.

Not all the time but euphoria is good for you on pretty much every level. There's a book just out called "Sapiens" a history of homo sapiens and it says the only reliable measure of happiness is "pleasurable sensations in your body".

But "different" does not necessarily mean "better", nor does it mean that without them I am unable to experience enhanced beauty, love, and understanding as a result of those experiences.

I think it's better for certain things. Feelings of grief for example are better felt while on mushrooms. For me anyway.

High dose of LSD in the right setting did it for me the first time but it was the first psychedelic I was able to push the limits with.

Just about any quality psychedelic in the right dose and setting can activate your third eye and give you those "magical" trips that'll change your perspective on life, death, people, space etc. in my experience.

I think it depends how much pain you're in as to how seriously you can take cute aphorisms tho. For years I was up the Buddhas ass - then I had a few bad times in life and found everything I'd ever learned from the east was useless. That's when I discovered mushrooms. Mushrooms are beyond sober, rational thinking.

This is very indicative of black and white thinking. Black and white thinking usually affects the experience a person has in life negatively. It is very prevalent in depression and addiction. I do not look at these concept as eastern because its amazing how so many ancient people, who are world famous, came to the same simple conclusions. Its also amazing how difficult these simple realizations can be for people to have. Before I wrapped my head around the way I know think I would read quotes from people who had figured this out, but I never really got what they were saying.

You can feel as euphoric as you do on mushrooms or Ecstasy when you're sober?

I enjoy euphoria for around 90% of my day everyday. I am not euphoric for about an hour when I wake up, infact I am quite the opposite as anyone who has ever waken me up will tell you. When i initially wake up i feal awful. But after an hour and a little cafine, nicotine, and food i feal great. Im pretty much at peace and euphoric the rest of the day. Like everyone I will get hit with some emotions both good and bad throughout the day, but I can think through or just choose to release them.

I have a brain that does not react well to ecstasy and the handful of times I have taken it I felt awful. It has the effect of throwing me into a manic like state and thats a very uncomfortable place to be. I reach states of euphoria equal to or greater than mushrooms after a strong workout. I do not reach states of euphoria equal to mushrooms, but as I enjoy so much euphoria daily, the boost in euphoria produced by the mushrooms does not seem very significant to me anymore.

Not all the time but euphoria is good for you on pretty much every level. There's a book just out called "Sapiens" a history of homo sapiens and it says the only reliable measure of happiness is "pleasurable sensations in your body".

The unconscious uses emotion to work us likes its puppet bitch. It uses a carrot and stick approach. It makes us do its bidding by makeing us feal uncomfortable to garner our attention and motivate us to do what it wants. When we accomplish what it wants it allows us to feal good, it hits us with a little reward this provides motivation to accomplish the task next time and distracts us as it takes control back.

When people are able to obtain a degree of enlightenment through whatever way they are able to they shrug off these puppet strings. There is a change that happens in the striatum and the conscious mind transforms from a tool of the unconscious to its equal or superior. Since the conscious mind is no just a puppet to the unconscious it is no longer bombarded with emotion or blanketed in mood and this produces peace. With this peace the conscious can wield the emotion by directing its thinking and can promote lasting euphoria.

Last edited:
LSD and LSA both opened my eyes to crazy realizations at a young age and have changed me for the better ever since. I'd love to kknow why and how these substances open our minds so much.

I do not look at these concept as eastern because its amazing how so many ancient people, who are world famous, came to the same simple conclusions. Its also amazing how difficult these simple realizations can be for people to have. Before I wrapped my head around the way I know think I would read quotes from people who had figured this out, but I never really got what they were saying.

It's whether they're of any genuine use to someone suffering tho. Robin Williams went to AA and heard every helpful aphorism in the book - he could've probably quoted you a thousand while he was tying the noose around his neck.

I reach states of euphoria equal to or greater than mushrooms after a strong workout.

Not me nsa - I need the mushrooms. Not that I'm miserable, but the laughter and euphoria on mushrooms is beyond my sober mind to experience.

With this peace the conscious can wield the emotion by directing its thinking and can promote lasting euphoria.

I'm not sure there's such a thing as permanent euphoria tho - I imagine if you were constantly laughing all the time it would get a little old after a while.

Despite recent experience with salvia and AL-LAD, humble old cannabis has provided me with the most intense experiences I've had, to the extent that my first times with the classic psychedelics were a little underwhelming, if very enjoyable (although I can tell that one can go far with them). The cannabis world (eaten, or smoked in a bong) is intensely psychedelic for me, and the enhancement of music I felt in the early days is unlike anything I've ever felt on any drug. It made me melt much as a natural scene can on AL-LAD. Sadly, it has lost much of its magic and is now somewhat dysphoric (except, curiously, after an AL-LAD trip), but it opened my eyes to the possibilities of conscious experience, and open they've stayed.

My initial cannabis experiences were also quite psychedelic, and they occasionally still are. However they never reached the point of ego loss or oneness, which is what I consider to be the ultimate psychedelic experience, which was what I experienced the first time I did mushrooms (or any true psychedelic). Cannabis did open my eyes up dramatically though to the awareness that things are not as they necessarily appear, and that altered states are possible and can be profound. And for that I'll always treasure it. I filled two 100-page spiral notebooks full of theories and thoughts prompted by my initial year of cannabis use.

I'm in a pretty depressed state lately and have been since I was about 10....as long as I can remember

I hear about all the time how people take a hit of acid or eat some shrooms and have a life changing experience and make them appreciate life and totally turns their old definition of life around.

Just wondering which psychedelic done it for you if you felt the same way as me before?(I don't want to use psychedelics as a crutch to get me out of a slump btw..I just want to hear your experiences)

If there's a thread like this already feel free to delete it or if this is in the wrong section move it please!

If you're depressed, taking psychedelic drugs may make your depression worse.

Meditation also works, as does going into an isolation tank.

Focus on improving yourself and your life, and wait until you're not depressed to take drugs if you choose to do so.

For myself, cannabis, LSD, and mushrooms all were the way you described; but I know other people who took them and for them those psychedelic drugs were just about simply getting high.

My initial cannabis experiences were also quite psychedelic, and they occasionally still are. However they never reached the point of ego loss or oneness, which is what I consider to be the ultimate psychedelic experience, which was what I experienced the first time I did mushrooms (or any true psychedelic).

Quite - I suppose I need to try a bit harder with the classics! When beginning with cannabis I even experienced that most sought after of effects, nystagmus, which I've never achieved since. In all seriousness, though, cannabis provided the most dramatic 'novelty jump' of anything I've tried. I remember my incredulity that a state could be so different from sobriety or drunkenness. It also changed the baseline, of course, which is rather unfair on whatever came after.

I filled two 100-page spiral notebooks full of theories and thoughts prompted by my initial year of cannabis use.

I don't know what this says about my GABA system, but cannabis for me is the ultimate creative and social enabler. No doubt there's much of worth in those theories too.

If you're depressed, taking psychedelic drugs may make your depression worse.

May make it better tho. And if he's been depressed since he was 10 perhaps sober ideas like meditation etc arn't working. Flotation tanks cost a fortune. Mushrooms really helped my depression - I think psilocybin is one of the best anti-depressants there is - and that's not including the psychedelic effects. I think it works on the brain to alleviate depression in other ways too.

May make it better tho. And if he's been depressed since he was 10 perhaps sober ideas like meditation etc arn't working. Flotation tanks cost a fortune. Mushrooms really helped my depression - I think psilocybin is one of the best anti-depressants there is - and that's not including the psychedelic effects. I think it works on the brain to alleviate depression in other ways too.

I never said he/she should buy a flotation tank. There are sites where you can find one to use for a small fee, or free in your area.

Yeah I floated in one in my town last weekend. I got it for free for certain reasons but it's not a fortunate to use it if you have to pay.

I don't know what this says about my GABA system, but cannabis for me is the ultimate creative and social enabler. No doubt there's much of worth in those theories too.

Yeah there are some good ones. At first they were ridiculous to say the least, it was like reading a script for "Half Baked 2". But it's cool to see the progression into something coherent and thoughtful, even insightful.

I never said he/she should buy a flotation tank. There are sites where you can find one to use for a small fee, or free in your area.

I priced up one to float in for an hour and even that cost a small fortune tho. Perhaps you can find one cheap somewhere. Must admit I'm not convinced floating would be as beneficial as tripping on mushrooms tho.