• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which Psychedelic Drug opened your eyes up the most?

Weed opened me up a little, then LSD opened me up a bit more. Then mushrooms blew it open more. Then DMT opened up a lot more channels. These days all I need is a good dose of MXE to cross me over completely.

OP: You said at the start of this thread that you were very depressed.I tell you sincerely and from MUCH,MUCH experience that you are in the wrong state of mind right now to do ANY powerful hallucinogen.Please trust me when I tell you that you are setting yourself up for a bad trip.You know those horror stories you hear about people who got ahold of some "bad acid"?The truth is they probably got some really good acid and weren't prepared for it.The human mind is both a powerful and a fragile thing to be treated with care.Pitting a depressed,vulnerable state of mind against a strong, mind-altering psychedelic drug is just asking for it.I know that in the end I can't stop you from spinning yourself if you really want to but trip drugs are happy time drugs,nothing you want to fuck with if you've got a ton of shit weighing down your mind.
That being said,if you still choose to go through with the fireworks show at least make sure that you are around good people who care about you or at least aren't dickheads that would fuck with you for spite.If you are tripping for the first time ever I would go with ONE hit of acid from a source you feel you can trust.Make sure and go into your trip with an open mind.Be prepared for anything and be afraid of nothing.Have fun and if you feel any bad vibes just remember it's only a drug and it will wear off.I hope this helps you have a good time.
downerhead.

Acid, obviously being the king of psychedelics, change a lot about me and my personality. I appreciated it so much more especially after not taking it for a long time. I've heard of some people becoming depressed after 'ego deaths', but it still ultimately being a rewarding experience. Also, TMA-6 was amazing and in my opinion the closest of Shulgin's gifts that imitated the effects of acid.

Nothing can "change your life" in one day. You still have to get out of bed the next day at 5am and go to your fucking shit job in the pissing rain.

Psychedelics can bring you a little blessed relief from everyday drudgery. And that's no small thing. Euphoria is incredibly good for your well being and spirit. And psychedelics provide the most wonderful euphoria and laughter that life can offer.

I respectfully disagree wholeheartedly. You have said it yourself "Nothing can "change your life" in one day. You still have to get out of bed the next day at 5am and go to your fucking shit job in the pissing rain."

We do not have and never will have the power to control what life sends at us. Sure we can row like the devil himself is on our tail at a desired location. We never end up there and if we do its not what we were expecting. So we have no control over what going to happen. But we have total control over how we choose to perceive what happens to us.

Our life is how we percieve it. Our perceptions are based off our thoughts. We control how we think. Therefore we determine our experience of life. TRUTH... but a hard one to find. The use of psychedelics allows us to see through many things and aids us to this realization. It tells us that a king is nothing more than our equal. It lets us see through age old powerful manipulations used by religion and government to control. It allows us to see the puppet strings. Sure you may have to wake up and slog on worn out boots through the rain to make money, little money for yourself and lots for the person thats exploiting you while they scream "this is the way the world works boy." But all the power in the world is transferred when a person is able to see through this utter shit and no longer believes it.

LSD is the one that cleared the mist and eventually spun me like a top propelled with rocket fuel.. DMT has taken me to places where there is no mist, and boomers are where I stake my flag these days, as they are one of the best things on this earth.

I'm not sure what i've said in the past before but LSD probably the most.

all of the others had big changes but didn't directly open a door for me.

For me it would have to be LSD hands down.

I love the visuals and the mindfuck I get from LSD. I find LSD to be very spiritual drug, only used on rare occasion.

Our life is how we percieve it. Our perceptions are based off our thoughts. We control how we think. Therefore we determine our experience of life. TRUTH... but a hard one to find. The use of psychedelics allows us to see through many things and aids us to this realization.

But you can't maintain the beautiful, gentle, open frame of mind you experience on psychedelics in every situation in your life. And I think trying to do so contaminates the psychedelic experience. It's like taking a kitten to a Motorhead gig. It just isn't the right place for it - and that doesn't mean the kitten is any less beautiful, but it has to be appreciated in the correct environment.

^ are you sure.. what has gentle, beautiful to do with anything, those are judgments we decide and this plays inherently into we decide.

What you are addressing is hazy for me in regards to the psychedelic experience. No judgment just trying to wrap my head around the concept we are trying to communicate) so it may benefit me if you could expand on this so I can grasp what you are referring to.

I think that by exploring this we may arrive somewhere desirable.

What is your current view of what emotion is?

Last edited:
LSD is the one that cleared the mist and eventually spun me like a top propelled with rocket fuel.. DMT has taken me to places where there is no mist, and boomers are where I stake my flag these days, as they are one of the best things on this earth.
Great post ^^^

Iv'e only done mushrooms 5 times in my life. My first trip ever was 3.5g it changed me the most because it just opened me up. However this is the highest dose of mushrooms I have ever taken. Where as with LSD I have taken everything from like 40ug-500ug. With LSD I have found that I have learned the most from it, probably because of all the experiences I've had with it. It's definitely my favorite. Before I did shrooms however I had the chance to try DMT, I actually tried it, but I didn't trip much at all, and I'm glad I didn't. I want to post in a thread about that experience though cause I have some questions, idk where to ask though. I smoked it overtop of weed, but I had little experience smoking out of a bowl or smoking in general.

To the OP after I had a semi ego death (it was like in and out 30 seconds on and off) I realized how life is nothing but constant energy reacting and life is pretty much dependent upon fate. But this is on such a large scale that we feel like we can make our own decisions. That's just how I see it. At first I though that there is no point of life if this is true, but then realized all the fun I've had and memories both good and bad. I learned to appreciate my highs and lows. Because when your feeling down it's easier to go up. So the purpose of life is just to "experience"

^ are you sure.. what has gentle, beautiful to do with anything, those are.. judgments we decide and this plays inherently into we decide.

So you don't get any special feelings because you're on the drug? You just "decide" that you feel like you've taken a psychedelic drug and that's as good as not taking it?

What is your current view of what emotion is?

The feelings I get when on mushrooms are different to the feelings I have when I'm working a hard, gruelling job.

I realized how life is nothing but constant energy reacting and life is pretty much dependent upon fate. But this is on such a large scale that we feel like we can make our own decisions. That's just how I see it.

That is an extremely common way of looking at life tho isn't it - I've heard that in a thousand romantic comedies and any self-help guide you pick up while waiting for a train. Is that really enough to say it changed your life?

So you don't get any special feelings because you're on the drug? You just "decide" that you feel like you've taken a psychedelic drug and that's as good as not taking it?

I do get "feelings" on psychedelics. But I no longer use them much for feelings, nor do they really produce much change. For many years, even decades they had a profound effect along these lines. But what I have experienced after the trip has ended up being much more profound,

We control our thoughts, our thoughts control how our lives are. Do they not?

The feelings I get when on mushrooms are different to the feelings I have when I'm working a hard, gruelling job.

Why?

Im not trying to fuck with you to a negative or malicious end.

Last edited:
We control our thoughts, our thoughts control how our lives are. Do they not?

No, I need the drug to feel those thoughts and feelings. I could never have had the same thoughts sober.

Why?

How can you be euphoric when cleaning out a sewer? Or digging a ditch for minimum wage?

Mushrooms (and later 4-aco-dmt) definitely gave me the biggest of perspective shifts. 2c-e also played a large part over the large frequency of trips I have had, but the actual experience I found was more recreational and less mystical than mushrooms (not to say I didn't have moments that blew my mind just the same).

^This, well said!
Great post ^^^

Thanks guys:)

No, I need the drug to feel those thoughts and feelings. I could never have had the same thoughts sober.

Why?

How can you be euphoric when cleaning out a sewer? Or digging a ditch for minimum wage?

I am euphoric when I am exercising. Im advanced enough that I do not dig ditches for minimum wage. I would never work for minimum wage period. That would mean agreeing to be a salve.

I no longer need to take drugs to feel good or euphoric. I have changed my thoughts and behaviors in a way that has brought me a great deal of inner peace. Drugs are never a solution but the use of psychedelics can aid a person to transform the way they think and thus bring about lasting fundamental changes that can effectively alleviate suffering common in life for good.

Drugs do not change the world they only change our perspective of the world. We can do this without drugs by changing the way we think. Instead of thinking that we are engaging in an awful gross task when cleaning a sewer, we can instead decide that we will no longer choose to view and judge anything as good or bad. So instead of viewing this task as awful we can instead choose to look at it as just another necessary part of life that is no better and no worse than any other part of life. The reason it smells repulsive is so that back when we were less evolved we would not consume or live close to excrement. We are no evolved enough that we no longer need to be repulsed in this way. We decide how it is, so why would I decide to judge a task I'm doing as awful. If I did I would suddenly find myself doing something awful.

Just as neurochemicals effect our thoughts our thoughts effect neurochemicals. When a person realizes that they decide what experience they are having it can be a really powerful step. We can often be astounded at how miserable we have made ourselves by judging aspects of our experience as miserable.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
Marcus Aurelius

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
Marcus Aurelius

The mind is everything. What you think you become.
Buddha

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
Buddha

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Buddha

I agree with what many others have said in that LSD was the most instrumental psychedelic to me.

Last edited:
LSD. I never imagined I could feel and think the way I did on LSD. Such an eye opener, one of the best things I've ever done. Will also try mushrooms if I can find them and DMT soon too.

Just as neurochemicals effect our thoughts our thoughts effect neurochemicals. When a person realizes that they decide what experience they are having it can be a really powerful step. We can often be astounded at how miserable we have made ourselves by judging aspects of our experience as miserable.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

I think it depends how much pain you're in as to how seriously you can take cute aphorisms tho. For years I was up the Buddhas ass - then I had a few bad times in life and found everything I'd ever learned from the east was useless. That's when I discovered mushrooms. Mushrooms are beyond sober, rational thinking.

I no longer need to take drugs to feel good or euphoric.

You can feel as euphoric as you do on mushrooms or Ecstasy when you're sober?

Why?

You do? I'm sorry man. I'm not trying to be condescending, really. I'm sorry that you need the drug to feel those things. I mean, of course, I am not going to feel exactly the same way as I do on psychedelics when I'm not on psychedelics, that wouldn't be possible. But it's about distilling the essence of those feelings, the WHY of those feelings, and incorporating it into your daily life, and that allows you to feel the essence of it whenever you choose to allow yourself to feel that way.

You can be euphoric when cleaning out a sewer if you choose to view it a certain way. Some of the happiest people I have ever known are people with very little who have to work very hard for what they do have. Like NSA said, we have the ability to frame our lives in any way we choose. If you simply choose to view such work as an experience, a means to an end, that end being the ability to enjoy your friends, family, and the beauty of the world, then you can feel good about even such menial and difficult tasks.

I say "simply"... in reality it's not so simple to actually do, but it's a simple and concrete concept that becomes easier the more you succeed at doing it.

Ismene said:
You can feel as euphoric as you do on mushrooms or Ecstasy when you're sober?

Not in exactly the same way, but yes I feel good and euphoric on a daily basis (usually) now whether I take psychedelics or not. I don't know if it's about the level of euphoria as much as the ability to feel it at all. I don't think it's a good thing to seek the maximum level of euphoria all the time. Life is about balance.

I continue to use psychedelics because the experiences continue to be novel and amazing. Psychedelic consciousness is different from sober consciousness no matter how much you've tripped, no matter how many times you've had a peak experience. But "different" does not necessarily mean "better", nor does it mean that without them I am unable to experience enhanced beauty, love, and understanding as a result of those experiences.