• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which Psychedelic Drug opened your eyes up the most?

sicilianamafi95

Greenlighter
I'm in a pretty depressed state lately and have been since I was about 10....as long as I can remember

I hear about all the time how people take a hit of acid or eat some shrooms and have a life changing experience and make them appreciate life and totally turns their old definition of life around.

Just wondering which psychedelic done it for you if you felt the same way as me before?(I don't want to use psychedelics as a crutch to get me out of a slump btw..I just want to hear your experiences)

If there's a thread like this already feel free to delete it or if this is in the wrong section move it please!

LSD for sure. It was, and still is, an enriching and life changing experience. It has played a huge part in my world view and making me who I am today.

However, it's not a cure for worldly woes. If anything, sometimes I'm more depressed afterwards. This is due to it stripping away the bullshit and ego games that dominate life in the modern western world, but then being forced to return to that world the next day.

After a night of reveling in the bliss of acceptance and enlightenment the last thing I want to do is go to work the next day and talk to my egotistical, racist, homophobic, two faced, money grubbing boss.

But that's just how things are. Psychedelics can give you a glimpse of the big picture, but if your life sucks it will still suck. I suppose that's why I find myself returning to the psychedelic mindset so often. Without it, our oppressive and mind numbing society sucks at my soul too much. For me, psychedelics are rejuvenating, like a well needed vacation.

Nothing can "change your life" in one day. You still have to get out of bed the next day at 5am and go to your fucking shit job in the pissing rain.

Psychedelics can bring you a little blessed relief from everyday drudgery. And that's no small thing. Euphoria is incredibly good for your wellbeing and spirit. And psychedelics provide the most wonderful euphoria and laughter that life can offer.

Shrooms for me. First trip was a game changer. COMPLETELY changed my view of the world. It was a level 2 trip (mild) but it was perfect for my first time. This was 14 years ago, and it resonates just as strong today as it did back then. Check out shroomery.org and erowid.org for plenty of info and experience reports. I've had many trips since, each with it's own lesson. Love them.

mushrooms are what did it for me personally, they completely transformed the entire course of my life in the space of just a few hours of tripping. But the other psychedelics like LSD and ayahuasca (and the various Shulgin analogues) are equally powerful and transformative.

as above had to be mushrooms from my local golf course in my mid teens as it was my first trip ever and the first was the real mind opener for me

My first trip, also mushrooms, blew my mind. Everything since then has been great in their own rite, but less intense. I suspect, if done with a 'classic' substance, the first experience is always the best. What a ride!!

LSD... TOO much. never did shrooms or DMT . Cuz umm...let's say, I don't really need my eyes opened any further than this . The world is a freaky ass place, nature is chaotic , and I see no god here. Last thing I need is another trip.

LSD. It's the only psych that has truly given me answers. I like to think that mushrooms are the metaphorical question, and LSD is the metaphorical answer. LSD just.... I mean damn. Sometimes I think it's my calling in life to campaign for the truth about LSD to be heard. Just yesterday my friend said "3 out of 6 people I know who've done acid came out gay." It's shit like that that gets at me. The truth needs to be heard!

For me personally, it was San Pedro (mescaline). It's great at helping you realize, accept, and love who you really are. Besides that, it can help show you your place in the world and get you excited about the future.

I've heard some life-changing experiences that people had after only a few (or one) ayahuasca trips. That is some powerful stuff right there. Perhaps a journey to the Amazon is in order for you. Some of the retreats have San Pedro ceremonies, too.

Just yesterday my friend said "3 out of 6 people I know who've done acid came out gay." It's shit like that that gets at me. The truth needs to be heard!

If your friend is a gay-bashing homophobe, he's more than likely gay himself and very uncomfortable about it. Look up Ted Haggard, and tell your friend that he's probably hiding a gay prostitute in his bed in this very moment, waiting to leave you alone so they can go shoot up crystal meth together.

DMT. No other drug has ever forced me to question the nature of reality to that extent. There's some seriously crazy shit out there!

If your friend is a gay-bashing homophobe, he's more than likely gay himself and very uncomfortable about it. Look up Ted Haggard, and tell your friend that he's probably hiding a gay prostitute in his bed in this very moment, waiting to leave you alone so they can go shoot up crystal meth together.
It's the trials of living in the deep south my friend. I don't identify with any sexuality personally. But i found that out well before I tried LSD, and I certainly don't tell anyone that because I'd be labeled as gay or bisexual, when I'm neither nor am I 'straight'. People here are extremely homophobic by nature, it's the way Southern society is. I remember when a friend of ours came out a few years back, everyone made a big damn deal about it. I couldn't understand why, I still hang out with the guy to this day, and he's no different than he was prior to coming out.

People here also believe LSD gives you extreme brain damage. It makes no sense to me, do they think my roommate and I would be doing LSD if there were real dangers involved? Logic is non-existent here. It's sickening.

OP Mushrooms....now theres science to back it. Theres some sort of deep healing penetrating euphoria that comes with it. Ive done lysergics, a few phens and mushrooms. Mushrooms IMO can fix the most damaged souls. I have a friend who is severely damaged from being sexually abused as a child by family.....she had tried LSD when she was younger and it resulted in weirdness/bad trips. She felt the same would happen with mushrooms but she swears that they "fixed" a lot that was damaged and believes if she continues to visit tryptamine land every few years or so it will further heal this. I personally have noticed that mushrooms have been the most psychologically "healing" and medicinal. They have a different feeling to them than LSD or mescaline. I would even recommend mescaline before LSD. Im bias though because I had a bad trip on acid when I was a teenager and it harmed me psycholically and mushrooms healed me from this. I still find mushrooms healing to this day even after difficult or bad trips on them. Its like the uncomfortable experiences on mushrooms feel like its "for your own good" as opposed to the all out weirdness and psychosis that a negative LSD trip has brought me. Paradoxically, I find mushrooms more difficult to handle than LSD.

Mushrooms. They are hands down the deepest psychedelic I've ever done. I think all the classical psychs have the potential for a life changing experience though.

Mushrooms. but more in a way to make me realize that existence is even crazier than I had thought...

I would definitely say shrooms, but "loveboat" just takes the cake for me. If your mind is in the right place before firing up, generally the high is otherworldly. I've had some bad experiences simply because I was pissed off prior to use. But remember be careful, all it takes is a damn Newport to kick it back into overdrive.????