• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Which antihistamines best for OPIATES?

Oh, damn... so I should probably fill that Hydroxazine script then, eh?

For me personally,

Diphenhydramine, in combination specifically with morphine & opium poppy tea.

Promethazine, after just about any opiate. I've tried "Phenergan" before opiates as it's been said to prolong the opiate experience but for me it always just totally dulls any opiate rush or coming up or down whatever, no nice glow when it kicks in, no matter what your ROA is, then leaves you sedated for hours.

Doxylamine this one adds a pleasant buzz to codeine.

Chlorphenamine - this one isn't so well known but has worked extraordinary well in comination with opium or morphine in my experience - ( I had a lovely nod the first time with about 6 mg %) both on an empty stomache: )

Last edited:
I tell my methadone doc i have nausea and itching so bad that even morphine IV'd caused me less itching/urticaria. So he scripts me 50mg hydroxyzine little balls, i don't know how to describe them, small red paintball ammo? heh, all I know is that we don't have vistaril up here, which is the poaomate salt while Atarax is the hcl ?

Anyway, 50-75mg of hydroxyzine makes me feel my methadone hardcore and when i'm out of my script, promethazine is available over the counter in canadia, not all carry it, in fact i only know one chain who sells it around where I live. 50mg, they dont even have 25mg ones anymore they are discontinued lol. and the pricing changed, no matter what amount you buy it's 9,99 with no tax.

So yeah, Atarax and Histantil (promethazine's otc name here) are way up there. Benadryl or even worse dramamine do fuck all.

And to people who keep saying potentiation doesn't work because they do it the wrong (tagamet, grapefruitjuice...that stuff is much better with benzos), do you know about Mephergan? My grandmother takes it from her various oldage illnesses. It's demerol + promethazine in a pill. When they came out junkies like those pills more than anything else.

i have found that low dose hydroxyzine is good for hydrocodone , but anything that inhibits cyp2d6 like benadryl or chorpheniramine ruins codiene,tramadol, or any opioid prodrug unless taken after the conversion to the active metabolite, i find that cyclizine is very good for all opioids across the board due to its moderate sedation and its non inhibition of CYP2D6 and wont kill the euphoria. promethazine is great for morphine at low doses and is very potent as a sedative, but larger doses give me restless legs and kill the euphoria and kinda takes over the effect

I always take Diphenhydramine before I smash any morphine-based opiates. Especially IV morphine itself. I get that stuuupid rash.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I literally just made my account! Lol. I need a little help here. I took two 5mg/apap325mg oxycodone's about an hour and a half ago. (I only had two of them, since my sister gave them to me) Then, about 20 minutes ago I took one benadryl. Now, since my dose is so low...I'm trying to potentiate it as much as I possibly can. I have a bottle of promethazine-DM cough syrup... would it be okay if I took a small dose of that? Or would mixing the three be a bad idea?

Welcome to BL! :)
Usually to potentiate an opiate with an antihistamine you would dose the antihistamine about a half hour (depending on antihistamine) before the opiate.
You might increase sedation with the promethazine, but if the cough syrup has DXM in it, careful on the dosing.. you'll end up with a completely different type of "high".

Thank you!! I was so nervous I was asking a dumb question...you know, since I'm a greenlighter and all ;) Haha. Well, I'm feeling pretty good right now. The benadryl definitely potentiated it a bit...I just wanna get the most out of it, ya know? How much would you recommend? And am I taking a risky chance by combining all these depressants together? (Sorry if I'm being paranoid...but I had a close friend of mine OD not too long ago, so I'm just being cautious)

If you're feeling pretty good now, no since this far in to try to potentiate it anymore, all you will do is add sedation which may make you want to sleep and if you do you'll sleep through the high.

If you are dead set on using the promethazine and DXM to add sedation to it, I would just use the suggested dose.
What are the amounts in the syrup per dose?

Well, this is the tricky part. My niece was prescribed it when she was sick a few months ago, and she's 6. So I'm guessing I could take double the amount she would take? The bottle reads:

Promethazine-DM Syrup
Take one half teaspoon by mouth every six hours as needed for cough and congestion or runny nose.
Qty: 120.00

Okay so I just spent at least five minutes looking at this bottle and it doesn't say how many mg are in each teaspoon. But I just looked it up and I'm almost positive it's 15mg...it'a all I could fine on the web.

just take 1 teaspoon, you should be fine.

remember, it most likely wont increase the opiated feeling this far into the high, it will just make you more tired.
be safe.