• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Which antihistamines best for OPIATES?

Are Telfast Fexofenadine hydrochloride any good for use while on opiates ?

i found some 180mg tablets in my house today but want to check if these ar any use at all ?

sorry to bump but i dont want to have to make another thread while this is still open but a good few pages back now

Fair enough.

Does that result in prolonged opioid action or increased opioid action or both?

And do those CYP2D6-inhibition properties which promethazine and cyclizine have potentiate pure opiates such as morphine and codeine AND semi-synthetics like oxy AND synthetics like fentanyl? Or just some of them?

Fair enough.

Does that result in prolonged opioid action or increased opioid action or both?

And do those CYP2D6-inhibition properties which promethazine and cyclizine have potentiate pure opiates such as morphine and codeine AND semi-synthetics like oxy AND synthetics like fentanyl? Or just some of them?

yes, it will increase the degree and efficiency at which the drugs are metabolized through O-demethylation through the CYP2D6 enzyme ... such as codeine --> norcodeine and morphine, and oxycodone --> oxymorphone ...the latter of both drugs are more potent then the originals

Last edited:
30 mins after reading this.... =D

^You all have promethazine OTC!

Dunno about hydrozyzine, however...

Woo0t wee gettin fukd up wooo0t yeah we gettn wooo0t fukd up

8kltf.jpg

8o:?:eek:8o:!:(<3%)8)

I tried using fexofenadine yesterday w/ methadone and it did NOT help a single bit, ended up taking like 75mg DPH to compensate.

Hydroxyzine and diphenhydramine (among others) also have marked CYP2D6 competitive inhibition properties, and for that reason I avoid them with hydro/oxycodone. Goes great with morphine and hydro/oxymorphone though. Kratom, not so much.

i go for old school promethazine... bst sedation imo and cheap as fuck

Phenyltoloxamine and Cyclizine. I found taking either orally while in minor opioid withdrawal from Methadone (e.g. 60-72 hours after last dose of Methadone) brought out the euphoria and pleasant (rather than overwhelming or uncomfortable) sedation of these anti-histamines. The former being more euphoric, the latter being more anxiolytic. Too bad Percogesic Extra Strength changed their formulation; now it isn't available OTC in the US anymore.

Cetirizine (Zyrtec), it eliminates the opiate itch while not dirtying up the high with any CNS active anti-cholingergenic effects.

For potentiating opioids through CYP2D6 inhibiting 1st gen antihistamines, I liked chlorpheneramine the best, as it's is only 25% as sedating as Benadryl, while still potentiating opioids and keeping you high for a longer amount of time (decreasing rate of elimination).

Last edited:
for some reason it seams that there is some odd force preventing people from finding certian anti-histamines specifically the the more potent ones that are over the counter

Last edited:
for some reason it seams that there is some odd force preventing people from finding certian anti-histamines specifically the the more potent ones that are over the counter

I am somewhat confused about this statement because unless you live in very small towns, you can find 100% of the OTC antihistamines at places like the bigger chain stores.

My favorite OTC's are diphenhydramine (benadryl) and dimenhydrinate (dramamine)

Last edited by a moderator:
NO SOURCING. Yes, this applies to legal products. Yes this applies to brand name stores. If you think this applies to you in this thread, it does.
Edit your posts ya'll.

Sorry,... wont happen agian, i find that the anti-histamine at least for me is determined by wich opiate/opioid i am using due to CYP interaction with drug metabolism, in the instance of certian opioids beind converted to more potent ones, although i take other meds that are very testy with diphenhydramine(SSRI interaction) and chlorpheneramine(SSRI/weak NRI interaction) so these days i have found nothing beats cyclizine , or promethazine wich requires RX and still this one interacts with CYP enzymes, so default to cyclizine, wich seems to have nice potential in itself, as far as providing potentiation without adultering the opiate expirience to much.

Meclizine is probably the most underrated for nausea.

Doesn't cause extra sedation, and is (IME) the best at knocking out nausea without any side effects. Lasts quite a while as well.

My local pharmacist always gives me funny looks when I come in once every couple weeks to pick up a big ass generic bottle of meclizine while my pupils are pinned and I'm itchy as fuck. It's great.

Already posted some while ago @ the Kratom thread. Problem is, i'm sometimes getting some kind of allergic reaction, which i think is because of histamine action caused by opioid substances (in my case kratom and O-desmethyltramadol), which results in pimples. I read that opiates/opiods can cause this in some people. Is Cetirizine good for counteracting this?

Thing is, i just want to downregulate this histamine response, i don't want to boost the effects of above mentioned substances!

UPDATE/Bump: Any Ideas???

Last edited: