• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

where to go from here

Good luck, man! I've just caught up on this thread, and I'm pulling for you.

Just letting you guys know that rehab worked for me. I got my medallion and am approaching 30 days clean tomorrow - will get my keyring then hopefully.

have made some good new friends too. and am beginning to see that life is better without drugs and you can REALLY have fun without getting high.

Thanks to those who encouraged me!

PEACE OUT

Just letting you guys know that rehab worked for me. I got my medallion and am approaching 30 days clean tomorrow - will get my keyring then hopefully.

have made some good new friends too. and am beginning to see that life is better without drugs and you can REALLY have fun without getting high.

Thanks to those who encouraged me!

PEACE OUT

When I read back through this thread one of the things that stands out for me is how terrified you were of quitting. You asked, "Who will I be without drugs?" Now you have broken through that one layer of illusion and seen that YOU are so much more solid than drugs allowed you to see. Watching someone in the cycle of addiction--where the brain anticipates a reward, the anticipation becomes craving and the reward itself, no matter how fleeting becomes set in the neural pathways is like watching a dog chase it's tail. Breaking the momentum of the chase is nothing more than stilling the mind long enough to allow other thoughts and then those thoughts allow other ways of being, the other ways of being allow new perspectives. It's all pretty exciting if you allow it to be.

I feel so proud of your courage. What you have happening at home would be stressful to anyone and provide all the excuses you could ever want for going on down the same path. The fact that your spirit rose up and grabbed you by the neck and said, "Live!" is nothing short of heroic. You really saved your true self from the false self that addiction wanted you to believe was you. I know that it hasn't been easy and still won't be easy. Just be assured that you pushed the boundaries in a way that cannot be undone.<3

When I read back through this thread one of the things that stands out for me is how terrified you were of quitting. You asked, "Who will I be without drugs?" Now you have broken through that one layer of illusion and seen that YOU are so much more solid than drugs allowed you to see. Watching someone in the cycle of addiction--where the brain anticipates a reward, the anticipation becomes craving and the reward itself, no matter how fleeting becomes set in the neural pathways is like watching a dog chase it's tail. Breaking the momentum of the chase is nothing more than stilling the mind long enough to allow other thoughts and then those thoughts allow other ways of being, the other ways of being allow new perspectives. It's all pretty exciting if you allow it to be.

I feel so proud of your courage. What you have happening at home would be stressful to anyone and provide all the excuses you could ever want for going on down the same path. The fact that your spirit rose up and grabbed you by the neck and said, "Live!" is nothing short of heroic. You really saved your true self from the false self that addiction wanted you to believe was you. I know that it hasn't been easy and still won't be easy. Just be assured that you pushed the boundaries in a way that cannot be undone.<3

thanks for this beautiful post.

got my 30 day chip this eve. felt good. it's now attached to my car keys

thanks for this beautiful post.

got my 30 day chip this eve. felt good. it's now attached to my car keys

but still being on 40 mgs of methadone is bothering me though. but guess it only been 31 days since i kicked a 1.5 gram of IV dope a day + oxy as well habit ,so guess i must just be patient. just feel like a bit of a fraud sometimes. still being on an opiate and all. but they did start me on 140 mgs of methadone so it's not as if i've put in no effort.

46 days clean. still on the 'done. been craving a lot. but they always pass.

life is improving too much to go back to that shit.

PEACE AND LOVE!

46 days clean. still on the 'done. been craving a lot. but they always pass.

life is improving too much to go back to that shit.

PEACE AND LOVE!

What you have done must be commended. I find it very difficult to walk away from 100mg a day and you sir have found the strength to walk away from a much larger habit. You're a good dude and you deserve more in life so congrats on finding the path to take you there!

Thanks bro. I only hope I can continue it. Shit is tough like leather...

PS: 51 days today...

Must start tapering the done I am sick of getting it everyday when it does fuck all.

Last edited: