• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Advice Where do heterosexual men meet women in this era?

...but I've yet to hear of anyone hooking up with someone at church :)
I've heard of it. When I was a teenager, one of our youth leaders hooked up with another youth leader's wife. I shit you not. It was a big scandal in our church and one of the reasons I decided those people were a bunch of lying hypocrites for forcing us to commit to abstinence from sex (and drugs) :)

that may well be the case...but I've yet to hear of anyone hooking up with someone at church :)

edit - I do think it may be an idea that churches could pursue though? Could push the dwindling numbers up a bit?

I've read about and met people who've met at church and ended up dating etc. It's not really different from meeting anywhere else where you have shared interests.

Bars, Grocery Stores, Book Stores.
Lowes is pretty good if you're a handyman willing to do a little work.

• Haha
Reactions: CFC
Bars, Grocery Stores, Book Stores.
Lowes is pretty good if you're a handyman willing to do a little work.
Speaking of meeting women on the job.....

johnny-sins-works.jpg

I had some sexy time with my lady friend from the liquor store tonight. Lol. Woo-hoo!

I had some sexy time with my lady friend from the liquor store tonight. Lol. Woo-hoo!
Got me beat all I had was some angry Adderall induced palm sex yesterday and I'm like 75% sure the ladyfriend I was trying to get to stop by went and had sexy time with someone else 🤷 some weeks you just can't win

Hello BL Fam,

I’m currently wondering where heterosexual men meet women these days if 1. One doesn’t use online dating, 2. Don’t date anyone whom you work with or clients directly under your care?
Online dating has been bad for my mental health and I don’t believe I come off interesting through online channels. As for dating women you work with, I find the Human Resources potential complaint and rumours to be not worth it where it’s now a hard rule that I don’t date people at work. And last, females who are my clients have been hitting on me sometimes but I would probably get fired if I dated any of them and they would have leverage on me.
That's a good question, I've been asking myself lately (just break up with my 5yo LTR gf)
I hate online dating... it's terrible for your self-esteem and most girls (specially those interesting or attractive) are quite... entitled, to say the least, they would ghost you for whatever little detail/complaint their imagination tells them...

So, in my opinion, it's better to go to whatever type of activity you like to do: sports, dancing classes, yoga (this in particular seems to have a lot of girls) or volunteering in animal shelters, whatever profile of person (girl) you would like, then think about the places where those type of people would be

I hate online dating... it's terrible for your self-esteem and most girls (specially those interesting or attractive) are quite... entitled, to say the least, they would ghost you for whatever little detail/complaint their imagination tells them...
Online dating is amazing. The entitlement is actually mind blowing. So many profiles are immediately negative in the sense they list out what they don't want or don't like, or there's a laundry list of requirements for you to match up to.. whilst not putting a single god damn thing about what they have to offer you in terms of qualities. The best ones do that and then put 'entrepreneurship' as a tag.. like the fucking what bitch, my dog could do a better job of selling itself with just a 'woof' than you and your blackhole of demands.

I also particularly like the ones who say 'language exchange', then proceed to not say anything after matching. Like bitch, this is your conversation, try filling it with words and we can go from there?

Also being from the UK there's now an unfortunately large proportion who are unfortunately largely proportioned. Or just identical clones (fake eyebrows, pouty lips, and the personality of dishwater). It's an absolute dumpster fire.
So, in my opinion, it's better to go to whatever type of activity you like to do: sports, dancing classes, yoga (this in particular seems to have a lot of girls) or volunteering in animal shelters, whatever profile of person (girl) you would like, then think about the places where those type of people would be
Cool bars? Nope, we only do trendy cocktail bars (women love these). Pubs? All dying out. Rock gigs or alternative venues? Nope. I'm basically down to hoping I meet someone in the park, which is where I spend most of my time on nice days. There's no other spaces for people like me, besides festivals or unique events, because culture has become so overwhelming corporate and monotone. It's really depressing (not just in terms of finding partners).

Just wanted to say met my wife online 21 years ago. Not looking, just had a mutual friend say we should email each other. And she emailed me something to which I knew it would go further. She from Canada and me from the US. First phone call 9 hours on a Sat night. (ok she was drunk and I was on poppy tea and chewing coca leaves and baking soda. lol) All we had was vague pictures of each other but spoke a lot. I flew to Canada. We joked how if we did not like each other I can climb out the window with the bed sheets and make to the airport. The laughter we had indicated that we connected and had humor. The interesting thing is we knew we would be together before we physically saw each other. The complete opposite of going to a bar.

Married 20 years. First 15 years I said i would do it again. Not sure 20 years later. lol (I am sure we all go through that)

But this nonsense that a person has to get out and find someone is what will cause depression. Things happen in a million different ways. I am convinced if a person is meant to meet another person nothing can stop that. Including spending Sat nights alone in my apartment. I am not a 'go out and meet women" type of guy. It had to happen a different way.

From observation I think it gets easier as a person gets older. Lots of single woman and men looking to meet each other. Younger days are more immature. My wife has said if she ever died that I would be a commodity, a widower that was married for 20 years. (yes we laugh at that too)

M advice is have Faith.

Last edited:
That's a good question, I've been asking myself lately (just break up with my 5yo LTR gf)
Honestly I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s a huge amount of people in the online dating space that are either just looking for sex and drop you when feelings get involved if you get that far and usually attention if you don’t. People actively seeking relationships as all cost tend to broken, insecure, and pretty desperate. For me it’s really overwhelming and I end up running away from that

But the funny thing is everyone I’ve been with that I’ve met in person like at work (which is a terrible decision I love to make). always has a boyfriend and that’s a very awkward call at midnight being honest with them having to explain they can do better. We really just living in fucked up times no one’s honest about their intentions anymore loyalty is out the window.

Honestly I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s a huge amount of people in the online dating space that are either just looking for sex and drop you when feelings get involved if you get that far and usually attention if you don’t. People actively seeking relationships as all cost tend to broken, insecure, and pretty desperate. For me it’s really overwhelming and I end up running away from that

But the funny thing is everyone I’ve been with that I’ve met in person like at work (which is a terrible decision I love to make). always has a boyfriend and that’s a very awkward call at midnight being honest with them having to explain they can do better. We really just living in fucked up times no one’s honest about their intentions anymore loyalty is out the window.
And where's the people who wants a relationship but just wanna start KNOWING a person? more or less slowly, because they are not crazy nor desperate?
They don't exist? I guess they are not common in online dating, that's why I won't get there again.
I don't like infidelity in general, I wouldn't like to do that (or be in that situation) to be honest as I wouldn't like to be a in "open" relationship. If loyalty is out the window..
bad thing is the interesting women I find, who seem honest, happy, well-hearted, and beautiful, none are single and quite a few are married...

Last edited:
whilst not putting a single god damn thing about what they have to offer you in terms of qualities. The best ones do that and then put 'entrepreneurship' as a tag.. like the fucking what bitch, my dog could do a better job of selling itself with just a 'woof' than you and your blackhole of demands.
Yeah, it's exactly that
it's so sad it REALLY depresses me, just looking at those super shitty, super entitled and vacuous profile, without even a taste of what they are really passionate about.
I always wonder... What are you passionate about in life? What moves them to live? What dreams do you have, what project do you have? Is your life really watching Netflix and doing yoga or pilates (at most)? In the case of finding a person with more "intellectual" interests it seems that it is pretentious and pedantic, not really because she has curiosity and real, humble, interest ...
Not saying that a person who does "nothing" in her life must be boring, but they don't deliver almost anything (and very often they seem overdemanding)

Sorry for my negativity here, I really hate online dating. It gives me a really negative outlook on women.

Last edited:
I also particularly like the ones who say 'language exchange', then proceed to not say anything after matching. Like bitch, this is your conversation, try filling it with words and we can go from there?

Also being from the UK there's now an unfortunately large proportion who are unfortunately largely proportioned. Or just identical clones (fake eyebrows, pouty lips, and the personality of dishwater). It's an absolute dumpster fire.
Cool bars? Nope, we only do trendy cocktail bars (women love these). Pubs? All dying out. Rock gigs or alternative venues? Nope. I'm basically down to hoping I meet someone in the park, which is where I spend most of my time on nice days. There's no other spaces for people like me, besides festivals or unique events, because culture has become so overwhelming corporate and monotone. It's really depressing (not just in terms of finding partners).
I understand,
I'm also in Europe and trust me, Spain is such a PAIN in the ASS to find good women, I mean, if you want to fuck whoever fastnfurious then it's not so complicated, go to the gym, get some fancy stories or lies or whatever, not my style to be honest. But I agree completely that these times are getting so monotonous and dead socially talking, my city was full of bars, rock gigs and alternative venues, but now it's mostly trap/reggaeton crap, all day long, for people who look quite dumb, to be honest (maybe they are not? but they look like it, man, at least to me). If I listen to their conversations... I feel like out of place or cringe..
I don't like to judge them this way, but it's kinda depressing. I feel like I'm from the XIX century and I just ended in a dystopia at the end times (maybe it's not that different from reality?)

I don't like to be single at the moment.

Last edited: