• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

When should I expect magic mushroom season to start in UK?

Just picked 20 odd off the cricket pitch in the village, and it hasn't got particularly cold yet. I normally dry them out to increase potency, but for a tester fuck it - I haven't even a crumb of weed until I get paid 2morrow so a good wash and they can go in a cup - a - soup in a bit.

I haven't bothered last couple of years due to the availability of penny acids, of which I still have loads, but there still a bit too lengthy in duration for general use, where as the 4 - 5 hours from the master trippers I've just snaggled should do for a nightcap.

Can't wait for a bit of rain now, if the sports club turns into a goldmine I won't have to bother with my guarantee spot, which as I've probably explained is about 45 miles away and requires leaving pre - dawn to dodj the law.

Fucking soupeer

gp3PZFj.jpg

I'm gonna start going out about now-ish .. depending on what the weather is like when I wake up (south east uk)

Ha ha nice one. I'm itching to get out into the fields and mountains and pick a load. Might try and get a day off work in the next few weeks.

I go these off the criket pitch in the village this after. I havn't been out for a proper pick yet

I'm gonna start going out about now-ish .. depending on what the weather is like when I wake up (south east uk)

let me know how you get on Mushwood - us south-easterners gotta stick together!
plus there's not much about that a rabid dog aint pissed on in croydon :p

let me know how you get on Mushwood - us south-easterners gotta stick together!
plus there's not much about that a rabid dog aint pissed on in croydon :p

Will do mate.

Am more worried about the rabid humans pissing all over the shop when it comes to Croydon!

Top tips - get a mountain bike and go find some moors and mountains. You can cover lots of ground, way more than walking about, I always find the more you move the more chance you have to spot, bike gives a higher point of view to survey the likely grassy spots and a genuine reason to be out. Plus you get fit as well. 16 miles covered and a carrier bag full on return - Result. For the Penines they are out but appears the frequency and the quantity are lower than usual. I'll be back out this weekend to ensure I have my years supply done and dusted.

As soon as my foot heals and I can again walk without crutches, or at least, on crutches but able to wear shoes then I shall be off out to hunt for fly agarics, for boletes and most of all, for Claviceps spp., theres extensive stands of grass locally that are yearly, heavily parasitized by C.purpurea, the common-or-garden ergot of rye.

Although there is no rye, unlike all other ergots, C.purpurea is a host-whore. All the other species, every last one, is restricted in range either to a genus of grasses, or to a single host species upon which to parasitize. Claviceps purpurea on the other hand doesn't even give too much of a shit about ORDER of grasses. Panicoid, Pooid, Chloridoid, ever sedges, it'll go for the lot and give not a shit, even varying photosythesis methods amongst hosts, C3-C4, not fussy.

Plus I want to see if the what I strongly suspect to be Boletus satanas, the devil's bolete, and a species most rare, is indeed what I believe it to be. If I see another specimen, I'll grab a young one, (and ONLY one!!!!) and an old, fully developed fruitbody after first phoning up kew gardens and asking to speak to Dr.Reid, a noted expert on the matter of Boletes amongst the fungi. This I'll do before picking anything, but I really do want these ID'ed so as to facilitate conservation efforts for this extremely, extremely scarce fungus. It isn't one for eating, and indeed contains a proteinaceous cytotoxin of the lectin type (related both to ricin and its much more virulent cousin, abrin, and also to the poison that is found in uncooked kidney beans and responsible for causing haemolytic anaemia if eaten raw, and also for causing severe pain behind the eyes, the name of the mycotoxin is bolesatine, and its pretty seriously potent.

Last edited:
It rained a bit yesterday and last night so I went out this morning, but there wasn't a sausage. There also weren't any mushrooms.

I'm not close to my usual spots though so thought I try to find somewhere near where I am now(I know for fact they do usually grow around here). I found a bunch of fields with some sheep in them, one had a river running through it ...but all I could find was sheep shit.

Bollocks.

Will try again next week I guess.

(South East UK)

Nothing much happening in the North West yet... Only ever looked for libs before, but this late season makes me wonder about alternatives? For instance, when and where do cyanescens usually start popping up and how do they compare effects wise?

If making tea, I found cyanescens to be about as potent as semilanceata. They might be a bit more potent than libs if eaten whole.

Do you mean North West England? If so I'm a wee bit further north and they're definitely about but not in great numbers, it seems.

They should appear around the same time as libs, if not a little sooner.

Yush indeed. Just nosh 'em.

Further north I would actually predict them the geography to be more favourable for the species as an entity.

P.cyanescens is a cryophile species, and likes the cold, fruits much later often as not than can P.semilanceata. Cyans like the cold, and the further north the colder it gets.
It favours alder tree wood especially if growing it, although wood mulch I've seen it on plenty times. I find cyans to be fucking strong buggers, very high psilocin content however compared to psilocybin, they don't store all that well because psilocin is more unstable than its corresponding phosphorylated, ester derivative (I.e psilocybin)

Fresh or freshly dried without strong heat, such as strung up on thread over the grill oven hot air vent with the extractor fan on to draw an air current. Or on newspaper sheets. Spore print them first, and discard any without a violaceous black, ESPECIALLY any odd'uns with rusty brown spore prints, these could be Galerina species, a lot of that family contain amatoxin, a handful, weight for weight contain more amatoxins than the death cap (Amanita phalloides) one or two may not kill, the individual mushrooms contain less on a per mushroom fruitbody basis.
But its a slow acting protoplasmic poison (cytotoxic, affecting cellular protein sythesis [via inhibition of RNA polymerase type II, especially liver and to a lesser extent the kidneys.

Theres a characteristic slow action, as cellular protein reserves already present are utilized, then inhibition of further synthesis leads to loss of actin (with which amatoxins also bind directly and they have been conjugated to fluorophores and used to label the actin of the cytoskeletal architechture specifically as fluorescent, excitable probes for fluorescense microscopy)

Characteristic 8-12 hour delay before severe symptom onset, initially severe, severe gastroenteritis, agonizing stomach pain, very profuse, severe diarrhea, possibly watery like the rice water stool of cholera infection, after the faecal matter present in the GI tract has been voided, vomiting, then a lull and seeming remission during which the initial GI phase ceases or becomes less pronounced, this period is sometimes asymptomatic leading a patient to believe or physicians to believe the worst is over. It is not. Protein synthesis ceasing, cells collapse and die in the liver leading to fulminant liver failure with hepatic necrosis. Can affect kidneys also but the liver is the primary target organ, then decompensation and degeneration to frank liver failure, leading to death in between a few days to a week, or week and a bit. Very, very unpleasant, slow and excruciating way to die. Seek medical assistance immediately, explaining potential amatoxin poisoning as aetiology to the medics. This can save lives, even sometimes with extensive treatment avoid the need for a liver transplant. Delay ye not if amatoxin poisoning or ingestion of such brown sprinted (it really does look rusty when they are printed on foil, after having the caps severed from the stalks, and the two lined up in pairs so one knows what stalk came from which mushroom, and kept gills down on the foil overnight.

With cyans, making tea is likely more inefficient than usual, psilocin being less stable. The ratio of psilocin to psilocybin is quite high, which is the reason for their relatively poor storage dried. But they are potent as hell fresh or just after printing, when first dried carefully. But print and fresh if you have only a few and don't need to store.

And I do indeed mean the NW. If they are about, if I see any I should be truly thankful, for then I could obtain me a few spore prints, And with those, prepare cultures and obtain many many many more mushrooms. Found pounds of them once or twice, got really lucky there, and when taking them home, two people (in total), myself included, starting tripping balls and we had not consumed, between us so much as a single lonesome mushroom. We'd gone to macdonalds and found them on a woodchip bed, well I had, the fucking borderline (I now know) bitch from hell former housemate, and had to get a bunch of happymeal boxes (empty) begged for free to take our harvest home after I spotted one, late in the dark of the evening and made an on the spot assessment and field identification as their being Psilocybe cyanescens.

After some rains, or at least they were quite damp, we spent severan hours hand cleaning them, and enough psilocybin/psilocin leached into our fingers for us both to be BUZZING BUZZING BUZZZzzzzzzIIIIInnggG!. We both noticed we were feeling strange and otherworldly at first, an electricity of a kind, flowing through my nervous system. Not threatening, or overloading, just an electricity, a charge, rushing through the veins, not tense but easygoing at the same time, my eyes feeling as though vision was 'wet' and sparkly:D

Clean on we did, though, and our eyes, the pupils had blown up like dinnerplates, we were both feeling especially good, euphoric, rapidly chattering back and forth in ASL sign language, with me it was although my thoughts were racing, very clear and not in a hypomanic way like with psychostimulants, just, processing being especially rapid and the thoughts in my CPU perfectly, and at peak efficacy, whilst we simply seemed as though to need bandwidth greater than the connection to vocal cords neurologically speaking so as to legislate the requirement for the employment of our hands to speak with each other in simultaneous coocurrence with our voices. My and probably hers too, CNS-a-twanging like a guitar, perhaps the A string, not thin and high frequency, HF yes, but a medium kind of thickness, not thready, overlaid with a subtle big, heavy, reverberant deep bass thrum.

I've seen the Galerinas (not ID'ed to species level but to genus, could of course also have been Kuhneromyces mutabilis, a harmless but very very close lookalike of the deadly galerinas, fruit in the same patch as did Cyanescens. So spore print and weed any nasty rusty brown rather than violet-black printers.

But yes, cyanescens is a powerful, powerful species. The UK strain and the US 'Astoria Ossip strain both, its closely related to Psilocyne azurescens, which is with perhaps P.baeocystis probably the most potent amongst the genus Psilocybe. I've had the equivalent of a few dried grams in wet weight blow me down so hard, and so quickly that I barely could tell my surroundings, due to the astounding intensity provoked. Simply handling that harvest damp was enough for us both to absorb sufficient psilocin/psilocybin to start properly tripping. I was at least a plus 2.1/4-2.5 from inadvertent transdermal absorption alone. Powerful, possessed of great, great power even in subtlety, although with internal dosing they are anything but subtle in their level of efficacy.

Paydirt.

Was pissing down when I woke up so I had quick look down the cricket pitch in the village.

20mins - 83 libs - don't think ill be needing to head for the salop hills this year after all

I was told to start looking when the crane flies appear and keep going until firework night, providing there are no frosts in between. That's in the south east. A friend used to pick carrier bags full, dry them, grind them up, put in capsules and sell. We do ours in a coffee grinder and you can get a gram in a 00 capsule.

It was a horse field just up the road from us but there's nothing there now. We've looked many times very early in the morning. Probably picked to death by my mate in the 90s.