• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your ideal LSD dosage?

What's the difference between clean acid and dirty acid?

The purity of the crystal that's used to lay the sheets.
If you could dose them side-by-side you'd know, you can feel it in your body.
Lesser purity crystal has more of tendency to give the negative body feelings, nausea, shivers, etc..

I'll start by saying, I never had a guaranteed known dose until I had access to orange sunshine. 300 ug is my preferred dose. Half a hit of o.s. was too little, two hits was too much. As in, for a couple hours I was in a semi-fugue state. So, 600 ug is too much for me, 150 ug is too little, 300 ug seems to be just right. Btw, before that trip, I had taken up to 8 hits of good street acid (good enough for one hit to cause visuals such as tracers), and that 8-hit dose did not put me in a fugue state like two hit of the o.s. did. Also, I think the street acid I refer to wasn't LSD. I don't think it was an NBOME or DOx, I'm quite sure it was an ergoloid of some sort, what I experienced seems quite like how AL-LAD is described. So I don't trust purported doses of street acid anymore, or claims of what chemical it is. The orange sunshine was the only guarantee I've ever had.

And, I only take LSD with MDMA, and vice versa. Helps to have the heart open when opening the head, sort of like how therapy goes better with MDMA, LSD goes better with MDMA. And I don't take MDMA without LSD because opening the heart without opening the head is a bit of a waste I find. Oh, and, I only dose every 3 months now. Meditation between trips is good, helps with integration before the next "acid test". MDMA is the acid test's "teacher assistant". With the MDMA...between 100-150 mg is my dose. With a booster of half the original MDMA dose 1.5 hours after the original one, if I want the experience extended. I take the MDMA either at the same time as the acid, or 4 hours after taking the acid. MDMA duration is extended from 4 hours to 6-7 hours when taken with LSD.

What an interesting approach! I've heard about candy flipping, but never heard this kind of explanation.

I've never combined LSD with MDMA myself because I thought the two substances would interfere with each other, that they might cancel each other's effects and it's better to experience each one in its pure form. But maybe combining them creates some kind of synergy. I find it very interesting and will probably try it myself at some next trip:)

What's the difference between clean acid and dirty acid?

I don't know if there is actually "dirty" or "clean" acid from a chemistry point of view ( I'm not qualified to make that assertion). But we used to call "clean" acid, LSD that has almost none or no body load at all. The last acid I had back in July was just about the smoothest acid I've ever taken. We dropped and after 30 mins I didn't feel a damn thing so I thought damn we got ripped off! So I walked to the ports potties from my camp site and and as soon as I steped into the porta-john I got this mad grin and I knew it was kicking in. This stuff was just remarkable. I've had acid that made me hold on to my chair for dear life the cone up was so rough. This stuff we took in July had NO feeling of coming up whatsoever just euphoria, slightly manic thoughts (normal for me on LSD) and the most gorgeous closed eye visuals I've ever experienced.
What we used to refer to "dirty" acid was LSD that had a really bad body load, have you a very tweaky, jittery, sketched out feeling and leaves with a very rough come down. I once described it to a friend as coming down of dirty acid feels like someone is trying to strike a match across your brain but it won't ignite. The only time I tried 2C-E I thought that it felt very similar to a lot of my "dirty" acid experiences.

If you look at the major LSD chemists, such as Nick Sand, Owsley Stanley, Tim Scully, they all agreed purity of product essential for a proper experience. This is very much verified in my own experience. The LSD chemists I've listed would go so far as losing a third of their final product in purifying it, it mattered that much to them. D.M. Turner noted the difference as well.

Have tried acid twice now, first time I had 230ug and second time upped it to 300. I experienced fairly similar effects off both - strong psychological effects and very faint visuals i.e. trails and fuzz but not strong at all. I'm not concerned about not having many visuals; I have come to the conclusion (after years of various hallucinogens) that I'm just not a very visual tripper - it's all in the mind.
What dose do you usually go for, what's 'not worth it' and what's 'too much'?

EDIT: This is not a 'how much should I take' thread, it's just an exploration of personal opinion!

honestly 230 ugs should be pretty fucking visual. did you get your sample lab tested? because no one actually knows how much they really have these days.

around 350 ug for spiritual trips where i can still communicate these days with other people with no cannabis. a peak at proper 350 ug is very fucking intense and reality will have heavy heavy morphing

150-300

less than that is not visually interesting for me and is too long/boring
more than that is that not usually what I am seeking as the visuals doesn't increase as much as the headspace/mindfuck (for me)
200 (of pure acid) is usually an enjoyable and interesting trip to me

don't know if i ever tried pure lsd, but i've done 1p-lsd, eth-lad, and ald-52 a bunch, and i usually start getting open eye visuals at like 80ug. i always wanted to keep my tolerance low, so i never intentionally took more than like 150-200 with out a tolerance... one time i took two tabs of thick blotter where part of the strip was obviously wet and that was out of this world, had to have been at least 500ug compared to what i've taken that was labelled. if drugs were legal, i'd like to trip that hard, but i get too paranoid going in and out of ego-loss on high doses like that. tripping would have to be legal for me to want to do that again.

don't know if i ever tried pure lsd, but i've done 1p-lsd, eth-lad, and ald-52 a bunch, and i usually start getting open eye visuals at like 80ug.
Thank god for these research chemical lysergimides, they have finally given us an accurately dosed reference point to what a true 100ug acid trip is. I have 125ug ald52 tabs and trip hard on two of them. Three and I’m not leaving the house until a few hours after the peak, maybe.

My lsd tabs are a collection of DS/GG tabs and they are clean but are not as strong.

250µ Europe

450µ USA

More than that results in an very intense experience but in a sense with less surprises It's good to do it sometimes
If I would take it outside optimal set & setting than just 100µ

My go-to dose would be around 200ugs for a nice trip that is plenty strong for me these days. But when i was younger and moving alot of Acid i used to take a ten strip of White on White blotters every weekend for a couple years. A couple times id dosed twenty of them and completely dissolved into fractals and OBE's, entity contact some next level stuff.

One time i was selling a sheet off by tabs/strips at this huge party and the police came because of noise complaint. Well i had 36 blotters left on me and i got spooked and chewed them all up at once, it was so much paper. Well i was tripping for almost two days after that and during the peak i swirled out for some hours and for the first twelve hours i could barely even communicate.

My friend Cat held me in bed for most of that night and i had my head buried in her big titties, that was awesome she just held me close and i rode it out. We made out for hours once i was able to gain my barings. When the sun came up we walked across the street to the Ocean and watched the waves it was so beautiful.

But yeah for normally tripping i go with 200-300mgs, some times ill take a half a tab tho and have a mellowed out sorta macro dosage 🙂

Last edited:
My ideal dose is one small piece of square paper.

Really I’ve never trusted nor cared what my ug dosage was for the LSD I buy. So for that reason, I can’t really answer. I judge the strength of a new batch based on my total overall experience.

I know I’ve taken too much when I start to get squirrelly on the comeup.

-GC

My ideal dose is one small piece of square paper
That's def a good way to gauge potency of a new batch.

My preferred dose is about 150-300mcg

I don't really see the need to go higher these days.

Quality really matters I've found. Degraded LSD will never get ne to where I want to be, despite dosage.

Quality really matters I've found. Degraded LSD will never get ne to where I want to be, despite dosage.

100% agree on that degraded bit. I’ve realized all my best experiences have been on fresh dose. Stuff that’s sat some years, even if originally pure magic, doesn’t quite hit like it used to.

Strange though cuz potency doesn’t diminish much, it’s more that magical something that gives really pure dose it’s allure.

-GC

Exactly my dosage. This guy knows 😉

i used to take a ten strip of White on White blotters every weekend for a couple years
I would eat a five or ten strip of wow and maybe higher (wow made by people who make only wow for ages) but wouldn’t eat a ten strip of UK Shiva blotters or ten of NL microdots (wouldn’t eat amount adjusted to 500 – 1000µ to make it clear)

A lot of wow and USA tabs really reminded me of AL-LAD, since ever

And for that reason I wrote different preferred dose for Europe and USA acid

I know I’ll be ridiculed for this but that’s not just mine experience and even most tabs I used to take were lab tested (both substance and dosage), I’m quite sure NMR would show something very close to LSD-25 but not really LSD-25 in many case (and I’m talking about a long time before AL-LAD became widely available). Qualitative effects were also different.

If all those tabs were LSD-25 in fact (and I doubt that) I guess it has to do with g differences aka at what spot on planet they were made or something like that.