• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your ideal LSD dosage?

I'm guessing somewhere between 400-600ug, considering that I can trip comfortably off one tab, and 5 of them is the sweet spot, of the latest stuff I've been getting.

Have tried acid twice now, first time I had 230ug and second time upped it to 300. I experienced fairly similar effects off both - strong psychological effects and very faint visuals i.e. trails and fuzz but not strong at all. I'm not concerned about not having many visuals; I have come to the conclusion (after years of various hallucinogens) that I'm just not a very visual tripper - it's all in the mind.
What dose do you usually go for, what's 'not worth it' and what's 'too much'?

EDIT: This is not a 'how much should I take' thread, it's just an exploration of personal opinion!

Or maybe your mind is not so visual. I think I have the same. On a trip with 150uq or even with 200uq I don't get any really big visual distortions, only greatly intensified colors, trails, moving/changing face, but nothing that I would imagine is considered big hallucinations.

Actually there was one interesting thing - once I tool 100uq and I could see buildings and ground move/float a bit. It was the biggest visual distortion I ever got on LSD. And what's interesting, it happened under a much smaller than my usual dose. Was it about setting - I took it with my girlfriend who had it for the first time then. I don't know...but now from my experience, setting can be greatly influenced by a person/people you trip with. Trips with a very analitical person are quite different for me than trips with an open, intuitive, emotionally-focused people. Different things come up.

Last edited:
I'm guessing somewhere between 400-600ug, considering that I can trip comfortably off one tab, and 5 of them is the sweet spot, of the latest stuff I've been getting.

Absolutely! 4-6 hits of good strong clean acid gets me were I'm looking to be. Not much else that I've encountered in the psychedelic R/C world has ever been as ultimately rewarding as as nice strong dose of LSD. Except for 4-HO-DPT, that's the only one that rivalled my best acid trips.

HAHAHA! Whatever the dealer tells me the tabs are dosed at lmao. Unless you lay the tabs yourself how will you ever know??? This 4-6 hit's kind of thinking is what get's people into strife IMO. Hey lets just get a batch of some new dude and hit 4 tabs at once! Amazing except for once they were actually dosed at say 150 ug's. That's 600 ug's of LSD vs more often than not 75 ugs sold as 150 ugs. This means a double dose and could end up with some nasty consequences. People have taken that line of thinking and ingested NB or worse bromodragonfly...

Food for thought mission780 that 100 ug dose might have been actually a 100 ug dose...

When it comes to LSD it's always less than advertised (except the VERY rare case when it is dosed at the level) it costs a fucking lot to make LSD. Drug dealers and manufacturers are not about charity, it's profit. Guessing is exactly what your doing.

Last edited:
HAHAHA! Whatever the dealer tells me the tabs are dosed at lmao. Unless you lay the tabs yourself how will you ever know??? This 4-6 hit's kind of thinking is what get's people into strife IMO. Hey lets just get a batch of some new dude and hit 4 tabs at once! Amazing except for once they were actually dosed at say 150 ug's. That's 600 ug's of LSD vs more often than not 75 ugs sold as 150 ugs. This means a double dose and could end up with some nasty consequences. People have taken that line of thinking and ingested NB or worse bromodragonfly...

Food for thought mission780 that 100 ug dose might have been actually a 100 ug dose...

When it comes to LSD it's always less than advertised (except the VERY rare case when it is dosed at the level) it costs a fucking lot to make LSD. Drug dealers and manufacturers are not about charity, it's profit. Guessing is exactly what your doing.

Would it have been more accurate to say that my ideal LSD dosage has been 4-6 hits of the very best acid I've ever had?

Sure why the hell not! I'll tell you a tale of a single tab if you like... The one that lasted for almost 30 odd hours. The one that had my mate and me chasing a cop car in a clapped out old shit heap laughing like lunatics. That had me threaten to dismember some guy I just met and bury him in the bushes, while in his own house no less. That was 1 tab of bromodragonfly.

DOx's don't last 2 days, maybe 18 hours tops but to be still fucked up at hour 20+ off 1 tab... makes one think perhaps. BTW it had a slight metallic taste so I thought oh it's a DOx not LSD and that's ok... well it fucking was NOT DOx. Now imagine if I'd had 4 of those tabs??? I'd be dead. Moral of the story don't ingest random metallic tasting tabs. Thing is I like DOx's.

As a side note my first "hit" of LSD was around 93 and I got a one off "sunset orange" or whatever ALD 52 tab the same year. Mushrooms had been my first love early 92. I think tabs back then had a bit more LSD per blotter than they do now days. Have no clue about the 60's and 70's no doubt some crazy shit went on back then almost as mental as the whole RC scene. Until I was older and wiser however (late 90's) I assumed metallic tabs to be poorly made LSD, lmao but it's true, how fucking naive of me! Sorry writing this while on 4 ho mipt and being assaulted by mosquito's is difficult.

Last edited:

It's interesting thought, but it was not the case as I have already tried these exact batch of blotters before and higher doses of them haven't given me such a visual experience. When it comes to psychedelics (maybe especially LSD) I think that set and setting are underestimated most of the time.

No doubt. See above post of mine for an example of a BAD set and setting. Both the dismembering thing/police car and the mosquito's. Perhaps that 100 ug dose is the perfect dose for you combined with set and setting?

No doubt. See above post of mine for an example of a BAD set and setting. Both the dismembering thing/police car and the mosquito's. Perhaps that 100 ug dose is the perfect dose for you combined with set and setting?

It depends what I want. At the moment 100-200uq (maybe realistically they are closer to 75-150uq) are my favourite doses as I am still kind of beginner and at these doses I can almost fully control my trip. With higher doses I suspect it can be opposite. That's what I would also like to experience some day.

1/3 of a blotter or about 25-30mcg is the ideal dose for me.

I'm very sensitive.

You ask me what is my ideal dose of LSD; I ask you what is your intention for the trip, what the setting will be, whether you will be flying solo or have company, and so on. I am surprised nobody has brought up this point already.

Nobody can definitively lay down a quantity of micrograms as the ideal dose, because *the appropriate quantity of LSD will vary with the preconditions for the trip*. It's not a stupid / bad / foolish question to ask, just in case somebody thinks I'm putting the OP down with this post here. It's just a question that has either no answer or many / potentially infinite answers, depending on how you look at it.

You (the OP) do mention a distinction between a proper dose and one that is 'not worth it' or 'too much'. I would say that this again comes down to the circumstances surrounding the trip, as a dose of 100 to 150 micrograms may be too much if you seek a low dose threshold experience. Many people sing the praises of low dose acid trips, where its not enough to bring on full psychedelia but nonetheless limbers up the mind and enhances the senses. I can't speak to the nature of such an experience as I lack first-hand knowledge of that level of dose, because the least I have taken is one hit and I've always had the luck to find doses where a single hit is all that is needed for a pleasantly intense trip.

Conversely, if the intent is to totally blow your top with a massive dose, what would ordinarily be too much for the average trip as experienced by the average tripper may be just right. I find that above 300 to 400 micrograms diminishing returns begin to set in, slightly at first but with an increasing value, so that there is still a very noticeable difference between 400 and 500 mics whereas the difference between 900 and 1000 mics is much less obvious.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at here is that the ideal dose will not be the same from one trip to the next. The only real way to know what an appropriate dose would be is through experience, so that you know not only how strong you can expect a given number of micrograms to be, but you can also determine how strong of a trip is the sweet-spot for a given set of circumstances. I would encourage people to err on the side of caution: if you think that a dose may be too much, but you're far from certain, do the safe thing and assume that it is indeed too much and take a lesser dose. All the same, once you have a certain level of experience with psychedelic states in all of their forms I would also encourage people to be adventurous and explore the higher doses for various compounds, acid included.

This discussion will be much more constructive and meaningful if we first state the things that Deinonychus suggested in his great post (above).

Interesting. I never mentioned anything about the micrograms of LSD per trip as I'm not that foolish. Who knows? Well only the piece of paper can know exactly how much LSD is on it.

If someone states a number it's an approximate guess based on number of blotters soaked in x amount of solvent in which y amount of solute (LSD) has been dissolved and then the variability of drying, storing, transporting and handling prior to ingestion also effects the final dosage outcome. Unless you have weighed LSD as a solute and dissolve it in a measured amount of solvent then dispense using a dropper at say 20 drops per ml will you know how much LSD to an approximate mcg value you are consuming. Same goes for NB, Bromo, whatever.

A very valid point is made as the variability between doses is an unknown and could range from a few ug's to 50 or more. This in turn will effect the subjective "trip" experience.

I have no idea what dose of LSD I have taken on any of the occasions I have taken it.
On paper "tab's" exactly. I have no clue either for the possibly hundreds of trips I have consumed???? What exact mcg range who fucking knows one tab could be a huge difference to the next.

Drying technique could mean different rows of the same blotter have less at the top of the sheet and more at the bottom if say it was hung or inverted in some fashion. If dried on flat surface even the weight of the paper could create enough pressure to displace the solvent and it's content while drying. In other words tabs from the same batch may actually vary greatly. If a dropper was used to individually drop amounts onto sheet it can still vary, even the steady or unsteady hand may play a role with this method, as if a drop hit the edge of a blotter not the center some of it would invariably dose the next blotter etc. Storage, transport etc also is a factor as LSD readily degrades if exposed to atmosphere, light, temperature etc.

Could continue to list variability factors but I think I've made my point.

Last edited:
Depends.When im with people,60mcg is more than enough.When im alone,1000mcg is ideal as fuq=D

You are right, that's why I gave such a large range (400-600) because I can't know with any more accuracy, but I wouldn't get a new batch off a new person and proceed to gobble my usual amounts, for the reasons you gave. And regards getting extra strong tabs, normally the guy warns me if they are markedly stronger than other gear he's had, and when I dose high it's at home or in some other environment that's just as private and controlled

I'll start by saying, I never had a guaranteed known dose until I had access to orange sunshine. 300 ug is my preferred dose. Half a hit of o.s. was too little, two hits was too much. As in, for a couple hours I was in a semi-fugue state. So, 600 ug is too much for me, 150 ug is too little, 300 ug seems to be just right. Btw, before that trip, I had taken up to 8 hits of good street acid (good enough for one hit to cause visuals such as tracers), and that 8-hit dose did not put me in a fugue state like two hit of the o.s. did. Also, I think the street acid I refer to wasn't LSD. I don't think it was an NBOME or DOx, I'm quite sure it was an ergoloid of some sort, what I experienced seems quite like how AL-LAD is described. So I don't trust purported doses of street acid anymore, or claims of what chemical it is. The orange sunshine was the only guarantee I've ever had.

And, I only take LSD with MDMA, and vice versa. Helps to have the heart open when opening the head, sort of like how therapy goes better with MDMA, LSD goes better with MDMA. And I don't take MDMA without LSD because opening the heart without opening the head is a bit of a waste I find. Oh, and, I only dose every 3 months now. Meditation between trips is good, helps with integration before the next "acid test". MDMA is the acid test's "teacher assistant". With the MDMA...between 100-150 mg is my dose. With a booster of half the original MDMA dose 1.5 hours after the original one, if I want the experience extended. I take the MDMA either at the same time as the acid, or 4 hours after taking the acid. MDMA duration is extended from 4 hours to 6-7 hours when taken with LSD.

I'm comfortable with 125µg, maybe even 150µg around friends. If I'm alone or with a small amount of people (≦2) who I'm very comfortable with I believe I can do well with 200µg. I'm not entirely sure though as I haven't taken anymore than 150µg.

So I'm really wondering what you mean by clean acid? What's the difference between clean and dirty acid?