View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your ideal LSD dosage?

the.nimble.pig

Greenlighter
Have tried acid twice now, first time I had 230ug and second time upped it to 300. I experienced fairly similar effects off both - strong psychological effects and very faint visuals i.e. trails and fuzz but not strong at all. I'm not concerned about not having many visuals; I have come to the conclusion (after years of various hallucinogens) that I'm just not a very visual tripper - it's all in the mind.
What dose do you usually go for, what's 'not worth it' and what's 'too much'?

EDIT: This is not a 'how much should I take' thread, it's just an exploration of personal opinion!

Last edited:
How do you notice such a minute difference in a dose? And I don't get the whole 'no visuals..just mind' thing...are you talking about hallucinations? cuz when I'm not seeing random shit, I would still consider that kaleidoscope brain vision a visual aspect...

You can never have too much LSD..:) It's like when my friend got raided. The cops pulled out some death memorial blotter..they said it was 250 doses. He responded saying that its more like 2-5doses:)..

Don't be surprised if they merge or close this thread...this has been brought up on several occasions over the years.

I didn't notice any great difference between 230 and 300ug.

And I get very few visual hallucinations i.e. visuals. I don't mean like unicorns and pixies and shit I mean colours, rippling, trails etc.

Eat a few ten'ers, and see if that changes...and I was asking...how do you gauge how many micrograms you have? Do you just consider the fact that a modern standard is 75-100ug?

i'm sort of a lightweight with this kind of stuff. somewhere between 75 and 190 have been the best for me. with 100-150 being the most enjoyable without getting too far out. I usually smoke quite a bit of weed which becomes very psychedelic for me. opium is quite good on acid too actually, very calm and lucid

Well the dosage was just going with what I had been told by suppliers, who did seem to be fairly reputable people, but obviously there's no way of exactly verifying this.

You ask me what is my ideal dose of LSD; I ask you what is your intention for the trip, what the setting will be, whether you will be flying solo or have company, and so on. I am surprised nobody has brought up this point already.

Nobody can definitively lay down a quantity of micrograms as the ideal dose, because *the appropriate quantity of LSD will vary with the preconditions for the trip*. It's not a stupid / bad / foolish question to ask, just in case somebody thinks I'm putting the OP down with this post here. It's just a question that has either no answer or many / potentially infinite answers, depending on how you look at it.

You (the OP) do mention a distinction between a proper dose and one that is 'not worth it' or 'too much'. I would say that this again comes down to the circumstances surrounding the trip, as a dose of 100 to 150 micrograms may be too much if you seek a low dose threshold experience. Many people sing the praises of low dose acid trips, where its not enough to bring on full psychedelia but nonetheless limbers up the mind and enhances the senses. I can't speak to the nature of such an experience as I lack first-hand knowledge of that level of dose, because the least I have taken is one hit and I've always had the luck to find doses where a single hit is all that is needed for a pleasantly intense trip.

Conversely, if the intent is to totally blow your top with a massive dose, what would ordinarily be too much for the average trip as experienced by the average tripper may be just right. I find that above 300 to 400 micrograms diminishing returns begin to set in, slightly at first but with an increasing value, so that there is still a very noticeable difference between 400 and 500 mics whereas the difference between 900 and 1000 mics is much less obvious.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at here is that the ideal dose will not be the same from one trip to the next. The only real way to know what an appropriate dose would be is through experience, so that you know not only how strong you can expect a given number of micrograms to be, but you can also determine how strong of a trip is the sweet-spot for a given set of circumstances. I would encourage people to err on the side of caution: if you think that a dose may be too much, but you're far from certain, do the safe thing and assume that it is indeed too much and take a lesser dose. All the same, once you have a certain level of experience with psychedelic states in all of their forms I would also encourage people to be adventurous and explore the higher doses for various compounds, acid included.

Have tried acid twice now, first time I had 230ug and second time upped it to 300. I experienced fairly similar effects off both - strong psychological effects and very faint visuals i.e. trails and fuzz but not strong at all. I'm not concerned about not having many visuals; I have come to the conclusion (after years of various hallucinogens) that I'm just not a very visual tripper - it's all in the mind.
What dose do you usually go for, what's 'not worth it' and what's 'too much'?

!

Its hard to say because the effects you describe are not what I would use to describe 300 mics. Its very likely you were lied to about the mics. Unless you got it tested in a lab you only have other people's word. There are some people testing out there. And they have tested some big doses. But there is a sort of arms race of dick sizing about mics and almost everyone is claiming BS numbers online. Unless an independent 3rd party tested it, I wouldn't listen to the numbers. I know a guy selling weed who says its 25 % THC, doesn't make it true.
I tend to guess mics based on how small a micro dose I can feel. If I can feel a quarter hit I estimate that to be 20-25 mics making the hit 80-100. Sweet spot for me 100-150.

Have tried acid twice now, first time I had 230ug and second time upped it to 300. I experienced fairly similar effects off both - strong psychological effects and very faint visuals i.e. trails and fuzz but not strong at all.

Dude I had 180ugs once (lab tested confirmed) and I literally could not tell if the ground was where it was supposed to be or an inch in front of my face.

I must be so damn sensitive to this shit.

^Or your L guy is just decidedly honest with the doses? Only few blotters are actually 100ug, much less ones that are stronger than that!

I'm always surprised how precise people know the dosage of their black marked acid, and how sure they are about their dosage numbers.

people, let's face the facts: LSD is illegal worldwide since decades. there are only very very few people with access to really pure LSD in known dosage. for us regular mortals who need to use black market products, it is simply impossible to give more than a very rough estimation. I am convinced: if you would get your acid tested by a competent lab, you all would be very surprised how far off you are with your estimations, probably up to a factor of two.

I mean, there is drug checking, and whenever LSD is checked, there is a constant result: the dosage your dealer tells you is ALWAYS greatly exaggerated, and the lab result is much lower.

When I had a vial in my possession (good times) I'd take extravagant amounts like 1-2 mgs lol. Good visuals, everything warped, I liked it. Only problem is it's hard to get into a contemplative headspace at those doses which is a serious detraction from the experience. I'd say my preferred dose is around 500ug.

I'm always surprised how precise people know the dosage of their black marked acid, and how sure they are about their dosage numbers.

people, let's face the facts: LSD is illegal worldwide since decades. there are only very very few people with access to really pure LSD in known dosage. for us regular mortals who need to use black market products, it is simply impossible to give more than a very rough estimation. I am convinced: if you would get your acid tested by a competent lab, you all would be very surprised how far off you are with your estimations, probably up to a factor of two.

I mean, there is drug checking, and whenever LSD is checked, there is a constant result: the dosage your dealer tells you is ALWAYS greatly exaggerated, and the lab result is much lower.

All true. People will say stuff all the time about their L and then at least here on BL and other sites they will talk about the silly brands like fluff/needlepoint, etc. as though it all means something when LSD is LSD. Plus people don't keep in mind that everybody reacts to drugs differently. I know people who have taken a low/moderate dose of LSD on purpose like 1/2 or a quarter dose and they saw minor visuals, colours were brighter, and they saw trails while other people would take a full dose of strong LSD and they didn't see any visuals at all.

Yeah we humans seem fond of performing the most twisted logical contortions in the pursuit of defending our beliefs, no matter the level of evidence supporting that belief or opinion.

Also I think there's an element of 'I'm special' that exists in people's defenses of the supposed quantity of drugs in a bag / on a blotter / in a pressed roll, etc. having a high dose of whatever in a given delivery vehicle (blotter, liquid, pressed ecstasy pill, etc) compared to the supposed market standard makes the person who possesses that extra-strong dose 'special', since an inordinantly strong dose would seem to indicate that they have the most kickass connections. I don't think this is a conscious thing, or at least not in the majority of cases, I think it's just an unconscious sort of bragging rights that people like to have.

I expect that dealers would indeed probably talk up the quality / quantity of drug in their product, but I would go further and say that in many cases the dealers are probably just as much in the dark about the true number of micrograms of acid on a blotter as the customers. Once you get one or two layers of middlemen away from the chemist who synthesized and likely laid the blotter, the numerical value of the dose gets distorted and warped, just as does the message in the game of telephone.

I tried 150ug, 100ug, 50ug. They were all accurately dosed. Well my ideal must be between 120-140 I think :D

I'll be trying some tabs that are confirmed to have 180ug per tab soon. I know who lays the tabs so I'm not worried about it being any other dosage and we'll see if a 180ug tab is really as strong as some are saying.