• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your ideal LSD dosage?

What are NL micodots for curious sake .Ive had a lot of 'microdots'.. domes slightly different shape .like a tiny piece of lead pencil...from Wales 1972 - 1980.
They were brilliant very full on

I also tried a couple different ones, always barrel or star shaped. Best I had were red stars that were quite consistently dosed at about 175µ (people who aren’t really into strong trips regularly used one for 3 persons) and compared to standard 110µ wow they felt unproportionally more intense, but not visually, just mentally.

I wrote NL microdots as microdots are not as often “counterfeited” as tabs are and they popped up in my mind as example of solid NL acid.

Ok ....I think in order of best back in my acid days Windowpane not 100%sure from UK or USA...they were very strong followed by orange barrel USA...then microdots from UK (Wales) Some plain white blotter USA some were pretty strong others not .All brilliant and mindblowing

Im not sure how accurate the dosages of blotters are - my feeling is the vast majority of blotters are 100mics or less.

Ok ....I think in order of best back in my acid days Windowpane not 100%sure from UK or USA...they were very strong followed by orange barrel USA...then microdots from UK (Wales) Some plain white blotter USA some were pretty strong others not .All brilliant and mindblowing
Yeah, I can’t tell I had bad acid ever. I had weak tabs few times but after eating half a sheet that wasn’t a problem.
I’m very lucky my first ever tab was insanely strong so I knew what I’m looking for.
Im not sure how accurate the dosages of blotters are - my feeling is the vast majority of blotters are 100mics or less.
I think you are right. Vast majority of tabs I had tested were 90 – 110µ. Anything over 150µ was considered a strong tab/dot.

I only get in about 4 experiences a year at this point because I am very busy with life. But about 300 ug for general purposes works for me if I have a day to myself and little to do the next day. If I am going to a show or am going to be around others consistently, around 200 works fine. I will, say, however, that I may delve into the 400-500 range once a year if I want a more challenging experience and have the time and so forth. But yeah...300 or so is my jam, for the most part.

(Off topic, but I like AL-LAD and when I can, I prefer about 450ug of that, as lesser amounts are too pedestrian for me. For all the people who talk about how forgiving it can be, and it can, high doses get very nutty, in all the right ways.)

Fuck yeh. Windowpane was by far the best acid I've ever had. I've no idea what they were dosed at, but were far superior to any other street tabs I've encountered.

If you look at the major LSD chemists, such as Nick Sand, Owsley Stanley, Tim Scully, they all agreed purity of product essential for a proper experience. This is very much verified in my own experience. The LSD chemists I've listed would go so far as losing a third of their final product in purifying it, it mattered that much to them. D.M. Turner noted the difference as well.
I don't really understand this purity issue. I know is noted by many people but as LSD is in the ug range, wouldn't be the impurities also in that range? There will be no psychoactive impurities in that range, I guess. It is not just a placebo effect? Or maybe the fact that the dose is impure you are not taking what you expect to take?

3 x 105 ug tabs for a life affirming trip.

1 tab for a fun time, x 2 for a soul searching trip x3 tabs for seeing god

I only ever did 500ug-1mg dosages, and I did them for years. My introduction to LSD was at the psychonaut level and I never went lower than that. In hindsight, I don't recommend it, at least not very often, unless you want to obliterate all your stabilizing life associations and connection to normal reality. Sometimes that kind of neurological carpet bombing is necessary for a major perspective reset. Other times, you will fragment what useful structures you have in your life until there's not much to hold onto anymore.

Anyway... back to the topic... I'd say that 300-450ug would probably be ideal for me at this point if I'm hanging out in a secure environment. Otherwise I would go much lower (100-200ug) if I am out in public, like at a beach or basically anywhere that I need to be functional.

What time of day are you taking LSD? I usually have zero visuals in the daytime unless it's a cloudy, low-light day. My visual trips have always been at night. There's also a small fraction of the population who never have visuals whatsoever, no matter what the dose.

Last edited:
I always trip in total darkness and go within to explore the depths of the inner realities and other dimensions

Most of my trips were during nighttime (and mostly cuz of practical reasons) but those I had during the day were just as visual.