• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Whats Your Favorite Brand of Cigarettes?

FractalStructure said:
.. btw, is it true (this may just be a rumor) that newports and prolly other menthol cigs have fiberglass that slices up your throat?

I've heard some weird rumours about menthol cigs too - anyone have anything fact based that can substantiate some of these?

I googled it and couldn't find anything.
It is a fact through studies that menthol cigs kill you faster than normal cigs.
When I was in college I took business classes, my teacher was a african american.
He said that the huge cig companys would target menthol to blacks for this reason.
I really never thought alot about it untill I noticed that more black people do smoke menthol..
I'll smoke a menthol if I have a stopped up nose..

note I'm not intending this post to be racist.. I just thought it was intresting that my teacher brought that up when teaching advertising..
He died of lung cancer BTW.

This thread has inspired me to get myself a pack. Marbarlo Menthols hit the spot.

I just quit on my birthday, which was Aug. 13th. So far I have been good, though last year, I also quit on my birthday. I was good for a few months, with one here or there, until December when I went back to a pack per day, following my AA sponsor relapsing which really messed me up. I was also in a very odd place mentally back then. Feb-March of last year I was in Rehab. Because in rehab they cut off my huge amount of pain killers and started me back on something different at a super small dose. Anyway, the pain had me in a wheelchair for like 6/7 months (i started walking a VERY little around my b-day last year).......Being in a wheelchair when You know that you can easily walk if you just had enough opiates in you, and you know that there are plenty in the inner-city very close by. I digress: I started with Parliment lights and some Camels lights. From there I rolled my own (Drum) b/c I thought I was cool, and finally I settled on Marlboro Reds, my smoke of choice the last few years. wow..this post took me like an hour or more to write cause i keep fallin asleep. bed time for the king. uh-huh

Edit: My actual favorite cig was John Player cigs up in Canada but I could only get them when I crossed the northern border every two years or so.

If you're not smoking Marlboros you're fucking up severly.

The only other choice, which is permissible but brands you into some neo-hippie vegan is American Spirits, especially the loose tobacco for rollies. They still will give you a nice buzz when you smoke your first one in the morning, no matter how many years you've been smoking.

edit: One more option. When I don't have a pack of cigarettes on campus (often), I go over to the engineering buildings and find Asian grad students/post-docs/exchange students. They almost all smoke, while barely anyone else on campus does (a school with a lot of health nuts) so its an easy place to bum a smoke. So far, every cigarette I've bummed off these guys - cigarettes made in China, Japan, and Korea - are all incredibly smooth and well-flavored. The problem is, I can never tell what the pack says, so I can't go out and buy them... if they are even sold in this country.

Marlboro Reds. Are they really the highest nicotine per cigarette brand? Or are they just the harshest?

No idea; in Australia they have stupid laws that say you can't put nicotine/tar information on the packets. I do believe they have a lot of both in them though.

American Spirit Menthol Light. I used to smoke Newports but they were fucking up my throat something harsh.