• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What's your benzo dose for anxiety management?

A few xanax bars or clonazepam are best. My dose's are higher than most but i find that just taking away my withdrawals from tapering off benzos is enough. So 2-4mg xanax or 2mg clonaz.
you know clonazepam is at 2mg tablet is equivalent to 40mg of valium.

Ok people brace yourself for this one

ok everyone, speaking from my point of view, get off all the fuckas now, you may think that they all work, and they do, untill u need that one more pill extra ea day then next month in turns into two pills extra etc, speaking from experience and a long history of benzo abuse, i too was diagnosed with g-a-d generalised anxiety disorder plus panic disorder the doctor started me on diazapam but didnt tell me how many to take, i started off at a dose of 20mg 4-5mg pills.........worked a treat for a few months till my father died, went bak to my doc the day of my dads death and he wrote both me n mum valium scripts with 3 repeats ea, (mum was not with me) so upon returning home mum refused to take them so i kept all the scripts, within the next 4-5 months it esculated and by then it got to the point where everytime my heart started beating fast i would throw a couple of pills down my throat! I kept makin excuses by 10 months after dad passed away i couldnt remember the last ten months cant even remember dads funeral coz i was sooo off my face, anyway by now, i was taking a box of 50 per day at 5 mg a pill......... I was shopping from doc to doc makin up any bullshit that i could to get a fix....
The day came that that i got caught out n my doc decided to put me on xanax, i was on that a good 6 months, that was almost two yrs ago now, i got a pescription for panadeine forte and realised if i took 6 at once it would feel like i had just had valium, so for the next 12 months i used xanax and panadeine forte till medicare caught me out, and i was put on shopper doctor, and monitered, after xmas last yr i lost it completely, lost my mind and broke, i ended up in james fletcher phsyciatric hospital with a breakdown and a drug substance abuse, i was weaned and also diagnosed by then with not only the disorder i had but manic depressive, i got out of hospital after a 3 week stay and stayed ok for few days till i found a script with three repeats for xanax so i was straight back to the chemist..and the cycle began.....3more visits bak to the hospital for same things only suicidle on top of it and then diagnosed bi polar as well.....
Currently i can no longer obtain pan forte but i do wot i can to get it whn i can
my current meds i am taking is

diazapam- 50 mgs of a nite(10pills)
xanax-8mg(8 1mgs or 4 2mgs
dolased(over counter codeine) 102 pills a day
serapax(whn i can get it) 180mgs(6pills)
serequel(anti phsycotic) up to 600mgs
epilem(anti seizure and mood stabaliser) up too 600mgs a nite
lamoxagen( mood stabaliser) 250mgs a nite
tamazapam(whn i get it) up to 50mgs a nite(usually mixed with another benzo

the list can go on but let me warn u that if u decide to cum off ur meds without help ur fucked up u will have a seisure and could have a heart attack and withdrawal aint a pretty thing trust me!:(

I'm prescribed up to 6mg of clonazepam daily (originally for anxiety, but now mostly as maintenance to prevent withdrawals!), but I sometimes need more. I'll probably need to switch over to diazepam at some stage and start tapering down, so I can get off the damn things. I've been on the clonaz for around 6 years now.

Benzo Doses for Anxiety

Depends on what level of anxiety I have ;)

Mostly, these are the doses that will help out immensely with a small/moderate (sometimes large) amount of anxiety:

0.5mg alprazolam
5mg diazepam
1-5mg flurazepam (depending on ROA, and if sleep is needed)
0.5mg lorazepam
1.875mg midazolam (IV), or 3.75mg (oral)
0.25mg triazolam

sorry i'm too lazy to look up chemical name,but i take 8mg of solanax with 10 mg of lexotan as and when i need it, no more than 3 doses a day, no less than 2 days in one week

^I was curious. Solanax (as you may have guessed by the last 2 syllables) is alprazolam and lexotan is bromazepam.

thanx bro, yeah i knew solanax was alprazolam, same as constan.

i like bromazepam though. is that i tri-benzo? it feels fluffy

prescribed 2mg alprazolam per day. but because of tolerance, I dont take them every day and a good 6mg is needed to deal with acute anxiety.

For my anxiety I usually take either 1 mg clonazepam or 1mg lorazepam. Usually does just fine to calm me down.

3-4mg of klonopin at once at least once a day to be able to leave the house and deal with people

i need 60mg of valium as from my own experence 20mg of val equals 1mg of kpin which many charts say

I wish my medical providor would Rx me a benzo for occasional anxiety prevention... I have ocd and anxiety but since Im on MMT they won't even consider scripting me any benzos. :(

im prescribed .5mg clonazepam twice daily, as needed. I find the effects on my memory to be too severe to take them on a daily basis, so I take them around once every two weeks on average. Then I'll take one or two, depending on the situation I'm using it for. I have taken them recreationally in the past but I find this a totally bland experience now.

I take 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours. I've tried Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin, and Librium for anxiety and Klonopin seems to be the best for me. I honestly cannot abuse it.

Benzos fucking fail. I use SOBRIETY for my anxiety. Benzos will make it 1000x worse once they wear off. Unless you're cool with being on one for the rest of your life.

Benzos fucking fail. I use SOBRIETY for my anxiety. Benzos will make it 1000x worse once they wear off. Unless you're cool with being on one for the rest of your life.

I disagree.

Anxiety is something that occasionally gets to a lot of us. If you have chronic anxiety, social or generalized anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, then benzos aren't great because benzos are meant for the short term treatment of anxiety.

For those of us who only need a benzo once a week/month/year, they're ideal. For people who need every day anxiety relief, therapy is better.

2 things to say.
i weigh 165 pounds, and get drug tested for my job, and did an experiment willing to risk my 1 unclean drug test for my job. i found that by taking a mere 1mg xanax, it does take the edge off of my panic disorder (which the doctors refuse to treat with benzos), and doesnt show up on an advanced maps-out-the-drug-for-you kind of test