• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What's your benzo dose for anxiety management?

^hey your from boston.. we're neighbors.. kinda.
but imma yankee fan lol

anyways since whatever my dose was last time i posted in here (which i think i was taking 10mg phenazepam and 5mg k pin /day).. i have tapered to just 1mg kpin a day and will most likely be tapering off within a couple months. Was supposed to be off by now but i decided to quit suboxone first so since i CT'd that my psych let me stay on the kpin longer to help with w/d's but i have a slight feeling that since i showed i am cleaning up my life and doing it on my own (without the help of subs) he might let me stay at 1mg a day which would be great because im bipolar and have major anxiety and the klonopin helps GREATLY.. i would appreciate it even if he let me stay at .5mg.

We'll find out in a couple weeks at my next appt. :\

For anxiety& w/d relief I take 10mg diazepam 3x daily

EDIT: ^ ha this was a while ago.. i switched to 10mg phenazepam and 5mg klonopin.. but i have since lowered to 2.5mg k pin.

^ lol the valium was from back in '09.. the edit in the quote was from Nov. of '10 so i've made some progress.

Last edited:
Ativan does nothing for my anxiety. Maybe I should try a higher dose than 2.5mg, though.

^ ativan can be very subtle and can take quite a while to kick in and start working.
it's my least fav benzo for those reasons.

Buprenorphine is an excellent anti-anxiety agent, I think most opiates are.

I'm prescribed 1mg lorazepam daily, I take anywhere from 0 to 2mg a day, usually on the lower end of that range, 0.5mg is a nice dose to combine with buprenorphine or hydrocodone (at least for me)

i get .5 mg alprazolam and they are prescibed twice daily, so 60 pills a month.

sometimes i only take 1 and sometimes i take 2. so at the very most 1 mg a day.

i've been on this for about 2 years now and it works for me.

i never use them to get high.

.25 clonazepam.

I get the .5's but the script says to break them in half.

I usually take them about once a week. I have been trying to rotate with a product called "Kavinace" to avoid tolerance. Kavinace has taurine and phenibut as it's ingredients.

I also use kratom too.

Ativan was my first benzo and drug ever (not counting tobacco and alcohol). It was the best experience ever. 2mg a day.
Clonazepam .25 will get rid of any anxiety, but don't overuse it because withdrawal is hell on earth.