• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's the most boring recreational drug?

gabapentin almost has no euphoric feeling. peak is 20 minutes followed by being tired for hours

I will go with weed as well. Barely I get anything nice from it.
I don't know why people keep saying benzos. I mean the question is about recreational drugs, so benzos don't even count.

They definitely had recreational effects once upon a time for me, when I just started taking them about 8 years ago. They haven't been recreational to me for many years now though, but saying they're flat out non-recreational is something I disagree with.

The reason they were recreational to me back then was probably because it was the first time I got relief from my anxiety issues, which can be such a relief it feels euphoric. At first anyway.

^ Psychedelic hallucinogens, I get why people don't like them, but to me the main selling point of them happens AFTER you're high. They have a really good anti-depressant / anti-anxiety effect, at least for me...in the days and weeks following getting high, I feel great. Contrast that to all the other drugs where you feel like crap in the aftermath of getting high...comedowns, hangovers, withdrawal etc. Sometimes when I'm actually high on said drugs, my body will feel uncomfortable though. It's definitely not a purely pleasurable feeling like some other substances...

weed in excess is to me very boring. weed on rare occasions can be a treat.

Even good Cocaine is shitty. I don't IV, and without needles I rate the euphoria below a solid bong hit of high-grade bud available in Canada. Unique, sure. Great, nah.

I don't get how people don't enjoy psychedelics or find hallucinating fun.

You don't think it's amazing when you start seeing the craziest shit EVER??!!

It's just a fucking cool feeling to see things that aren't there or things move in unusual ways/patterns or have your mind thinking in the most unusual ways.

I vote coke as most boring.

And I was only ever able to use coke when drunk or I'd get SUPER high strung.

Made my heart want to jump out of my chest and just felt SO unhealthy and not worth it.

I don't consider benzos recreational and I need my Klonopin for actual anxiety so I can't count that.

Salvia
Nicotine
Codeine
4-MeO-PCP
Hydrocodone
Shit-quality Kratom strains
Ethylphenidate
Propylhexedrine
DPH in deliriant doses (not in terms of opi-potentiation)
25i-NBOME
Bupropion (when some attempt to use it recreationally, it's garbage)
Some of the synthetic cannabinoids like the JWH-xxx strains that were dangerous
a-PVP

Benzos, namely Ativan and Klonopin. YAWN. I'll take butalbital over benzos any day if forced to take a depressant. (Not sure why I would be, lol).

Codeine is the most boring of the opiates. Tramadol is the dirtiest, but codeine is the most boring. It has all the physical effects of an opiate (muscle relaxation, warmth, itch) without any of the mental euphoria or mood lift.

I hate psychedelics, but not because they're "boring". They just don't agree with my brain chemistry for some reason. Every trip is a bad trip, by which I mean I feel extremely exhausted and flu-like (weird aches and pains, cold chills & general depression/malaise). No anxiety or panic, just feels like I'm going to die. But the fatigue is the most overwhelming part. I spend all my trips lying down for the duration. Not fun. Shrooms, acid, 4-AcO-DMT, 6-Apb, mescaline cacti & 4-HO-MET all had virtually the same nasty effect regardless of dose or setting.

Alcohol is also boring and negative to the point that I haven't touched it in 6+ years.

(My drugs of choice are stimulants and opiates, btw. Particularly Adderall and OxyContin, but I make due with Benzedrex and kratom for the most part) :p

Last edited:
Alcohol and benzos.

-They don't feel good,
-the physical withdrawal can kill you
-you always feel less high than you actually are
-you're probably not even going to remember being high
-make you act like a retard

I'll never get it.

i agree with everything you said except your first point, in the case of alcohol i manage to feel awesome, even though it's a poison. also those are all good reasons for being shit drugs, boring though? i can have the time of my life when i'm shitfaced. it's waking up after that sux =D and some benzos are more euphoric than others...

overall though, solid arguments and alcohol is fucking lame/boring if you are the only sober one in a house of partiers. a friend once smoked me out in exchange for being a DD and i'll never make that trade again, after the stone wore off i still had to deal with hours of being in close proximity to idiots. granted, this was when we were much closer to 20 than 30.

Definetly not weed or psychedelics. If you ask me, benzos are the most boring. Only "effect" I have ever gotten off them is nausea and drowsiness accompanied with the occasional buzz.

Providing that one doesn't suffer from generalized anxiety disorder or panic attacks, then I'd agree with the suggestion of benzos being it. However, a lot of people feel massive amounts of situational euphoria when taking reasonable dosages of benzos in very anxiety/panic-ridden situations. I guess it depends on your accepted definition of "recreational," and most people classify recreational drug usage as being separate from self-medicating drug usage, further adding to the confusion surrounding non-prescribed benzo usage.

The recreational effects of smoked tobacco are laughably underwhelming considering the very real cardiovascular risks associated with it, not to mention the significantly increased risk of stroke. A lot of people don't realize that most smokers who die of smoking-related illnesses don't die of cancer.

^ its legal though, for some people breaking the law is just out of the question. so stroke sticks and drinking solvent it is.

I suppose marijuana, even though I find nothing about it recreational, it just makes me so paranoid and self conscious about myself around people