Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What's the last MOVIE you watched? v 3.0

It Might Get Loud

it_might_get_loud_movie_poster.jpg

good doc about 3 great guitarist talking about and playing the guitar. 3/5

rachel-getting-married-poster-0.jpg

I was expecting another vapid chick flick about some girl desperate to get married and I was pleasantly surprised. This film is NOTHING like that at all despite the title...its a sometimes funny, awkward, oftentimes sad look at family dysfunction and a girls recovery from drug addiction. I teared more than a few times while watching it.

Last edited:
subtitles were horrible, so i don't know if its fair to see i wasn't feeling this movie. i 've seen just 2 polish movies and neither were impressive if anyone has any suggestions plz share.

Just Polish movies? I don't know your taste, of course, but Roman Polanski's Knife in the Water is a damn fine film.

British accents are not all 'jolly hockey sticks' you nitwit. We do have regional accents and dialects.

this made me laugh. :D

and beanfiend, was it the 1988 film with gary oldman that you watched??? that movie is sweeeeeet!

World's Greatest Dad

World's Greatest Dad

vgmw4k.jpg

I was really impressed by this movie, it was super dark and quite funny at times. The ending was a bit abrupt but it worked quite well anyway. It's good that Robin Williams did another good movie, and the kid from spykids did a good job playing a genuinly despicable character. I'll probably check out some other films by Bobcat Goldthwait fairly soon.

Ditto. I watched this a few days ago. I thought it was really interesting

yeah it was. i liked how all three guitarists all have thier different styles and techniques. edge is like the tech geek, using every bit of available technology to achieve sounds from the instrument. jimmy page is just a bad ass motherfucker. and jack white is a blues influenced dude who wants to pick a fight with the guitar and win heh.

World's Greatest Dad

vgmw4k.jpg

I was really impressed by this movie, it was super dark and quite funny at times. The ending was a bit abrupt but it worked quite well anyway. It's good that Robin Williams did another good movie, and the kid from spykids did a good job playing a genuinly despicable character. I'll probably check out some other films by Bobcat Goldthwait fairly soon.

I loved this as well.

Last one I saw....

Once_a_Thief_1965.jpg

district 9, thought it was awesome. some people dont seem to get it though, and think its shit

law Abiding Citizen, The Uninvited, Terminator; Salvation, Drag Me To hell, Moon, Taking Woodstock

^good movie, although the thing i hate about movies "based on a true story" is that i'm left wondering how much of it is true.
for instance, 21 is based on a true store, but apprently it happened in the 70's.

Last night I chucked on a couple of old favourites:

rivers_edge.jpg

Crispin Glover annoys the hell out of me in this though, and kinda spoils it with his incessant screeching. I think one of the main reasons I enjoy watching it, is because it has a pretty decent soundtrack.

That was followed by:

Stand_by_me_poster.jpg

^good movie, although the thing i hate about movies "based on a true story" is that i'm left wondering how much of it is true.
for instance, 21 is based on a true store, but apprently it happened in the 70's.

Nope. It happened in the 90s.
(From wikipedia)

The book's main character is Kevin Lewis, an MIT graduate who was invited to join the MIT Blackjack Team in 1993. Lewis was recruited by two of the team's top players, Jason Fisher and Andre Martinez.

I have the book too. Good read, the movie was okay.