Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

My dad and I went to see the new Top Gun movie in theaters a few days ago

I thought it was a pretty good sequel actually

Buuuut during the final mission/climax of the movie the screen goes completely black for like 30 seconds.…Then safety lights come on and an employee comes in to tell us the power went out due to a thunderstorm.

We waited like 20 mins but then gave up and left. They gave us a free ticket to use on another day so it’s not like we lost money, but now we have to go back to watch the last 30 mins or so of the movie. Annoying lol

So I still don’t know how it ends but I liked what I saw so far lmao

My dad and I went to see the new Top Gun movie in theaters a few days ago

I thought it was a pretty good sequel actually

Buuuut during the final mission/climax of the movie the screen goes completely black for like 30 seconds.…Then safety lights come on and an employee comes in to tell us the power went out due to a thunderstorm.

We waited like 20 mins but then gave up and left. They gave us a free ticket to use on another day so it’s not like we lost money, but now we have to go back to watch the last 30 mins or so of the movie. Annoying lol

So I still don’t know how it ends but I liked what I saw so far lmao

damn, that is terrible.

I watched it with my brother on Saturday. Waaaaaay better than the original lol.

damn, that is terrible.

I watched it with my brother on Saturday. Waaaaaay better than the original lol.
yeah it was horrible timing. it cut right as they were dropping into the mountain valley

if the power went out like halfway through I wouldnt be as salty, but now we have to drive back over there just to watch like 20 mins lol

and I definitely thought it was better than the original too

yeah it was horrible timing. it cut right as they were dropping into the mountain valley

if the power went out like halfway through I wouldnt be as salty, but now we have to drive back over there just to watch like 20 mins lol

and I definitely thought it was better than the original too

They should've refunded you and given you another ticket.

They should've refunded you and given you another ticket.
It was only two guys working and they had a line of 50+ people from all the theaters to deal with. Didn’t wanna hassle them too much

We are planning to go back and try to time it so we get there when 75% of the movie is through and then maybe they won’t ask for the readmission ticket so we can use it for something else

The Transporter (2002)

God I'm on a bad movie streak. This one takes the cake for just sheer, bad, horrible directing. In many scenes we can see guys in the background getting ready for the follow up shots, like police not rushing the car at the beginning but you can see them idly standing around through the car windows... absolute rubbish. Great action choreography though, with decent car chase scenes. So many plot holes I'd need about two dozen hands to count them.

Not worth watching even if you're an action fan; there are better B-flick action movies.

(3/10)

Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

I enjoyed this film, it was a typical modern blockbuster and the acting was solid, the plane stuff was cool. It wasn't better then the original film though imo, and the Hans Zimmer soundtrack was an odd choice at times. Not great but not bad either. Pretty much a scene for scene remake of the first film.

6.5/10

Last edited:
^ i saw it in the theatre on sunday. perfectly enjoyable.

i watched this last night: Lamb

220px-Lamb_%282021_film%29_poster.jpg

very weird.

alasdair

That one mentioned in total overdose,
The Travolta one,
The one with all the loose ends and the worst characters surviving but Travolta being gunned down by the piece of shit character played by the die hard guy...

It was awful,
all the worst players made it out alive,
the guys you liked died..
so much was left unanswered.

That one mentioned in total overdose,
The Travolta one,
The one with all the loose ends and the worst characters surviving but Travolta being gunned down by the piece of shit character played by the die hard guy...

It was awful,
all the worst players made it out alive,
the guys you liked died..
so much was left unanswered.
Pulp Fiction is a classic. Love that movie.

All the reasons you listed were why I liked it. Not the typical predictable Hollywood shit.

The Northman, it was good.

Pulp Fiction is a classic. Love that movie.

All the reasons you listed were why I liked it. Not the typical predictable Hollywood shit.
Definitely something different. I love Pulp Fiction, but I'd be hard pressed to name a Tarantino flick I didn't enjoy.

Screenshot-20220611-191946.png

Hard to say which one I watched in full but take your pic lol excessive couch lock syndrome

Screenshot-20220611-191921.png

Screenshot-20220611-191929.png

Screenshot-20220611-191955.png

Screenshot-20220611-191938.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dial: Help (1988) - 3 stars - Often criticized giallo, but I enjoyed it. The scenes of a landline phone stalking people were obviously dumb, but I find it funny and entertaining rather than just "bad". It's far from Deodato's best, but I liked it.

Bunny the Killer Thing (2011) - 4 huge mutant bunny dicks - funny and gross in equal parts Dutch comedy-horror short. The 18 minute run time kept it thoroughly entertaining throughout. Apparently, it did well enough that it was adapted into a feature-length film in 2015 (same director) which I have yet to see.

The French Sex Murders (1972) - 2 stars - Meh. Below average giallo.

The Northman (2022) - 4.5/5 - excellent

I thought this might be some mindless psuedo-historical action movie, but it's so much more than that. It's dark, cerebral, psychedelic, primal, and badass. I was thoroughly entertained, great graphics. It spoke to my soul. You really don't need to be a fan of action movies or Viking mythology to like this movie.

Mesmerizing visuals!

I might just watch it again. I felt like it put a magic spell on me.

Last edited: