Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

@hydroazuanacaine I wanted to like Men so badly but the final 30-40 minute scene just really blew it for me. Went from interesting, haunting, mysterious... to just downright weird, in your face, and wrapped up in a way that makes me think Alex Garland got lazy.

watching Fighter Squadron, ( 1948 )
right now on TCM, and it's good imo. It's almost over. I like how it uses real WW2 footage from planes shooting trains and other things. Probably some of the first footage shot from planes during war

Watched as much of The Dirt as I could stomach. Which wasn't much.

Definitely one of the worst, cringiest movies I've ever seen.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

today on 35mm. the reel color is very warm, gold tone. some movies you haven’t seen unless you’ve seen on film — this is not one of them. maybe i’m misremembering the quality of criterion’s transfer. fun matinee. people were wearing red beanies.
I love that film, the criterion transfer seems good to me but I sit far from my TV these days. I love to say that our dog “has the crazy eyes” when she’s acting weird lol

Last edited:
Watched as much of The Dirt as I could stomach. Which wasn't much.

Definitely one of the worst, cringiest movies I've ever seen.

Well I watched the whole thing and I found it to be pretty enjoyable. I mean it was deff kinda a B-flick for sure and is in no way one of the better movies I've seen. But it was okay I guess, I'm kinda a Motley Crue fan to a small degree, pretty small. So I don't regret seeing it I will never watch it again tho, lol.

I just read a review of Top Gun 2 which gave it 4/5.

36 years since the original 🙄

Anyway I saw this recently. It was pretty good and very funny in parts -- especially when he visits a Dominatrix and her "work" is completely uncensored!

Well I watched the whole thing and I found it to be pretty enjoyable. I mean it was deff kinda a B-flick for sure and is in no way one of the better movies I've seen. But it was okay I guess, I'm kinda a Motley Crue fan to a small degree, pretty small. So I don't regret seeing it I will never watch it again tho, lol.

Thats cool man. I think I just hate Machine Gun Kelly. :laughing:

I watched Ordinary People (1980) last night, third viewing. Got the newest Paramount 'limited' release on bluray and wanted to check it out. Great transfer, decent packaging. The film is a solid 9/10, I've never seen a better portrayal of a good psychologist on film, nor have I ever seen a film that touches so much of my teenage life on so many levels. I empathize completely with the main character, his parents, everyone... the acting was nothing short of amazing. Donald Sutherland's portrayal of the father was so on point, so real.

I think it's on amazon prime currently for those interested. At least, it was last month.

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Stellar movie! I love Michelle Yeoh, and Stephanie Hsu, and Jamie Lee Curtis were all excellent. Is it a family drama? A surrealist black comedy? A kung fu sci-fi fusion film? Who cares! It never let up long enough for me to ask myself those questions. It was touching, funny, and hopeful though its nihilism. It was a silly movie, and it made me laugh and cry.

John Wick (2014)

Seen this film a dozen times and so I was watching my bluray copy. It's complete garbage from a plot standpoint, generic revenge flick; but the acting, the music, the silly 'assassin's code' they live by, the gun-fu... it's amazing, and I love Keanu. I'm also just a sucker for revenge flicks lol

8/10

I've been hearing insanely good things about the new Top Gun so I'm probably gonna watch the old one. One of those movies everyone has seen except me.
Well, if you like seeing topless muscular Navy pilots touching each other and playing volleyball with not-so-vague undercurrents of homosexuality, I think it'll be a home run for you :ROFLMAO::whistle:

Growing up it was my dad's favorite film to watch (I mean when I was a kid, not him lol) as he's an aerospace engineer, so I think he just gets off on planes going *shhhhhVRaommmmm!!!!* and that kinda wore off on me too, as I can't recall a year I intentionally missed out on seeing the local air show. I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

Imma go see the second movie next week, it's actually drawing big crowds to my local theater and I ain't about that.

John Wick (2014)

Seen this film a dozen times and so I was watching my bluray copy. It's complete garbage from a plot standpoint, generic revenge flick; but the acting, the music, the silly 'assassin's code' they live by, the gun-fu... it's amazing, and I love Keanu. I'm also just a sucker for revenge flicks lol

8/10
sums up how I feel about the whole series, I really don't like generic action flicks (where the whole point seems to be the action), but this feels like it was the whole genre perfected

I was actually entertained and impressed by the mindless focus on action when normally I'm very cynical

sums up how I feel about the whole series, I really don't like generic action flicks (where the whole point seems to be the action), but this feels like it was the whole genre perfected

I was actually entertained and impressed by the mindless focus on action when normally I'm very cynical
Indeed, it's easily one of the best action series out there; the attention to detail in the gun-fu scenes is just sublime. And Keanu really put in the time and practice, I saw a video of him practicing double-loading a shotgun which is a very difficult thing to do, I pinch my fingers when I try to load two shells at once. And he was damn good at it lol, he's got the shooting skills of a highly trained special forces operative.

Way better than the 'blah' Marky Mark flicks in the late 2ks, early 20-teens. I'm looking at you, Shooter.

I've been hearing insanely good things about the new Top Gun so I'm probably gonna watch the old one. One of those movies everyone has seen except me.
Just watched the original.. was supposed to see the new one with my father Memorial Day… but he was being to annoying.. so seeing it with my son tomorrow.

Does anyone remember how the original was a full on recruiting platform for the military. I remember going to the theater as a youngster, with my Dad.. and as the film ended there was armed services recruitment as soon as the film ended.. at the front of the stage.

Edit: https://www.foxla.com/news/could-top-gun-maverick-boost-recruitment

Well shit it worked the first time..

It’s funny what we remember.. but I guess that was by design. Fuck war and its merchants.. but I’m still going to see it. Bludgeon my son to near death with overpriced popcorn if he gets manipulated enough to consider joining in the war shit show hell.

Edit: it was pretty good

Last edited: