Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I saw was Logan as well. Maybe the most intense movie I've seen. The action was insane. Great for a comic book / hero movie though if not arthouse quality.

Anyone see Paterson?

I never saw it but I might be interested in checking it out. Paterson NJ is a pretty..."wacky place", and I'd be interested in seeing how the movie portrayed it.

It's absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite films of all time. Jim Jarmusch, how can he do wrong? It's an hour and a half long zen moment. Beautiful. Apparently it's based off a William Carlos Williams book of the same name. Definitely go see it if you're into arthouse and similar films that don't try and grab you by the neck with action every second.

That little wolverine was viscous..

Beauty and the Beast.. Pleasant way to spend a few hours

resident evil

start was amazing, overall it exceeded my expectations from a video game movie, really stylistically shot, well acted, interesting plot, some cheesy one liners.

inferno

i read the book when it came out. i dunno why i love this stuff so much. just good movie fun! ima watch it again :)

From a House on Willow Street (2016)

I like horror, supernatural etc, and I'm pretty undemanding when it comes to that genre. So I was expecting something reasonably scary and effective. What I got was overly predictable cinematic polyfilla. It was very boring and didn't hold my interest, which is surprising given it holds a 66% on Rotten Tomatoes. Didn't bother finishing.

3/10

The Discovery
TV-MA | 1h 50min | Drama, Mystery, Romance |

Amazing how powerful an actor Redford is

20th Century Woman

stamped out American Beauty that flipped the main characters' genders, though seems like it meant more to the writer/director. even borrowed annette bening. the cast makes it. elle fanning as a troubled teen that smokes and looks distant. works for me.

Gentleman Broncos 2009

Some seriously weird cinema surrounding a plagiarized Sci-Fi story. Jemaine Clement (HBO's Flight of the Conchords), Sam Rockwell and a little known cast.

Absolutely bombed at the box office but becoming a cult classic and goes very well with cannabis.

th
th

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

It was a weird one. I'm on the fence about whether or not I like it. It was so quirky that it kept me enthralled, but was it too quirky? It's hard to put into words.

I'd still recommend giving it a watch some time.

7.7/10

John Wick 2

Turned out to be fairly similar to the first movie, but more confusing plot wise. Another Gunfu classic from Keanu. It was only worth the one watch; easily forgettable, but not bad.

6/10

Last edited:
Sing

This movie was pretty cute. If you like singing along this may be a winner - the songs selected are all popular hits (e.g. Beatles, Elton John, Katy Perry).

7/10

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

It was a weird one. I'm on the fence about whether or not I like it. It was so quirky that it kept me enthralled, but was it too quirky? It's hard to put into words.

I'd still recommend giving it a watch some time.

7.7/10

I'd recommend you give it a re-watch... I ended up loving it more and more & after watching it ~5-10x I'd say it's one of my favorites.

^I've heard that; I may just give it another viewing next time I'm fryin' on acid or something hahah, seemed the kinda movie such a drug would enhance. Willem Defoe's and Jeff Goldblum's characters in particular had me cracking up a lot :!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - have to say I loved it :D Such a great follow up.
I really enjoyed it. Better than the first!

Mostly plays on cheap jokes and 80s nostalgia though. I think it really appeals to the 30-40 somethings. It was even an overtly colorful movie reminiscent of what I've come to associate with 80s CGI (e.g. Tron) and rife with 70s/80s pop hits. I even heard some ELO at the beginning 8)

The last post credit scene gave me a big chuckle hahaha :!

Last edited:
Saw Logan tonight.

It was probably the best, most serious super-hero type film I've ever seen. I greatly enjoyed it. Some plot points felt forced, but overall it was an amazing ride!

8/10

Time Out of Mind, with Richard Gere (and Steve Buscemi)

Beautiful film. Loved it.
A career-best performance from Gere.

Status
Not open for further replies.