Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Alone (2017)

If you ever have an opening for something unendingly depressing, this is the one for you!

5/10

Gerald's Game

Watched this last night and it is fucking creepy as hell. The book is not one of Stephen Kings best but is okay, however the movie is brilliantly done. Honestly, parts of it had me closing my eyes. Definitely worth watching if you like scary stuff.

I'd give it 7.5/10.

^ Awesome. Thanks for the HU, I love scary :)

(Just started watching it on Netflix right now ;) )

Last edited:
Hidden Figures (2017)

Saw this just after Here Alone, much more enjoyable to watch. The racism and sexism might make you angry, but it's still relevant to today given what's going on in the world lately, and I think most people forget just how recent this was!

8/10

Gerald's Game

Watched this last night and it is fucking creepy as hell. The book is not one of Stephen Kings best but is okay, however the movie is brilliantly done. Honestly, parts of it had me closing my eyes. Definitely worth watching if you like scary stuff.

I'd give it 7.5/10.

Yeah I agree it was good 7/10. I didn't find it too scary, but there were definitely some gruesome moments!

I found Geralds heart attack pretty intense. I was really stoned though ;) The hand bit was fucked.

I really liked Geralds monologue after the first appearance of The Moonlight Man. Pretty much exactly how the mind operates when handcuffed and alone I'm guessing.

It Comes At Night

Really well done post apocalypse film. Really good vibe of paranoia and distrust, up there with The Road in terms of creating that end of world atmosphere. I'm not entirely sure I understood how the film concluded, who brought in the illness is not entirely cleaŕ but its given me a bit to think about.

8/10

I found Geralds heart attack pretty intense. I was really stoned though ;) The hand bit was fucked.

I really liked Geralds monologue after the first appearance of The Moonlight Man. Pretty much exactly how the mind operates when handcuffed and alone I'm guessing.

Yeah actually the more I think about it, there were some clever themes and undercurrents going on. I never read the novel, but for such a simple film it was pretty slick.

It Comes At Night

Really well done post apocalypse film. Really good vibe of paranoia and distrust, up there with The Road in terms of creating that end of world atmosphere. I'm not entirely sure I understood how the film concluded, who brought in the illness is not entirely cleaŕ but its given me a bit to think about.

8/10

A good film for sure, but supremely depressing so I'm only giving it 5/10 lol.

Actually some similarities to Here Alone that I watched yesterday - you may quite like that one.

Well all i do is watch films and TURBO KID was honestly the last film i saw but it was my 2nd time watching it. The Last new film i watched was Baby Driver and it was good even made me rethink using my phone for music and invest in a classic ipod.

Great film flashbacks were unnecessary imo wish they toched more basses with the fact thay maybe that weird guy might of been the one to eat Gerald. Wait he did eat him right?

I didn't think so, but the weird dude was a cannibal. He might have had a taste.

It was quite true to the novel, except in the novel Jesse kicks Gerald in the dick (basically) and causes the heart attack. I don't recall her sexual abuse being as explicit but I can't really recall it too well.

^ Yeah the acromegaly guy ate Gerald's face, he had a thing for that, rather than the dog that she'd originally blamed.

I totally did not pick that up. :| Makes sense, good plot twist, who isn't horrified at the idea of faceceating?

Train to Busan

Shit, easily one of the best zombie apocalypse films I've seen. Full on from start to finish but with likeable characters and interesting subtext. I'm a fan of fast enraged zombies ala 28 Days Later etc. I fucking lived this film, it was very well shot and incredibly "realistic".

8.5/10

^ Yeah, I saw it a few months ago, definitely 8.5/10. Miles better zombie film than anything I've seen in a long time.

Just released on Netflix - a lesser known adaptation from Stephen King. It's creepy, has some very gruesome/disturbing moments, and also painfully sad. Builds slowly but definitely worth watching. Thomas Jane is very good, probably the best role he's had to date.

8/10

He Never Died

Offbeat kinda vampirish-type film, pretty zero-budget but ok for a Sunday afternoon if you can't really do much else.

6/10

The Dark Tower

Boy oh boy, this was bad. Really bad. The books are probably Stephen Kings best but I had immense misgivings about it as a film. I was proven correct, this was tedious, much too light, half baked and totally devoid of the mystical unsettling feeling of the books. I'm very disappointed.

3/10 (and that's generous)

Just released on Netflix - a lesser known adaptation from Stephen King. It's creepy, has some very gruesome/disturbing moments, and also painfully sad. Builds slowly but definitely worth watching. Thomas Jane is very good, probably the best role he's had to date.

8/10

I watched this last night. Pretty decent, very true to the story. Not his best novella but worth reading at least. Agreed re: Thomas Jane, he did it well. I'd have to give it 7/10 though, mainly as the story itself isn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.