Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely. haven't seen many movies this year but it for sure stands out. i wish i knew before watching it, it was based on a book, woulda read it before but dont' feel like it now tbh =/

watched this korean flick called "a hard day" earlier pretty good cat n' mouse, good cop/bad cop.

It was a good movie, don´t know why they rated 3 stars only. Good for Christmas time..

Wild. Reese Witherspoon does a great job as Cheryl Strayed and her epic and often clueless trek on the Pacific Crest Trail. Of particular interest to BLers will be her musings on the value of her heroin use.

^ gotta look out for that.

pollock, ed harris as jackson pollock. i didn't think i was going to enjoy it as much as i did.

o and the other, other night i watched this australian horror called "the babadook" that was pretty good. creepy vibes throughout. just wish it ended different but nothing to really make a fuss about.

recommend both.

Night crawler

8/10

Need to rewatch it again not drunk

Yeah I really liked this movie, it kept me focused and interested.

Storyline

NIGHTCRAWLER is a thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Lou Bloom, a driven young man desperate for work who discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism. Finding a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, Lou muscles into the cut-throat, dangerous realm of nightcrawling - where each police siren wail equals a possible windfall and victims are converted into dollars and cents. Aided by Rene Russo as Nina, a veteran of the blood-sport that is local TV news, Lou blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story. Written by Open Road Films

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872718/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Watched Unforgiven the other night, it's always good esp the end, pretty sure Clint is the baddest of all asses at his craft, Gene Hackman is incredible in it also.

Def was the last true great western

Oldboy (Korean version)

A superbly stylish (yet silly) film that is worthy of comparisons to early Tarantino, but unworthy of the title 'masterpiece'.

7.5/10

pollock, ed harris as jackson pollock. i didn't think i was going to enjoy it as much as i did.

Also directed and produced by Harris, Pollock is a wonderfully realized biopic that transcends the man and - instead - makes an enthralling commentary about the definition (if there is such a thing) of art and the limitations of genius. I don't like biopics, generally, but I loved Pollock. It is a near-perfect film.

^ good looking out on the info, wasn't aware harris produced/directed it. that does make sense tho, get the feeling it was a project he was truly passionate about. can't imagine any other actor playing that role as well as he did, especially because of the uncanny resemblance. glad it focused on his later years and creative process. still tripped me out when they would show the year like "1949" kept having this feeling his art come decades later ...

been watching many art documentations on youtube recently. looking forward to "big eyes" another artist biopic just released.

saw "the interview" last night, had to for all the fuss about it. pretty much what i expected, mocking kim un, dick jokes, and franco's annoying face (im sorry, but he makes so many weird faces) i wanna punch. * i was thinking, comparing it to "team america" which you could say the same thing minus james franco, but even tho it had crude humor, mocking, etc it still wasway better and more humorous.

Last edited:
barton fink (borders constantly on my favourite film of all time spot) and the hudsucker proxy (great fun)

the coens do such great poetry

Saw a bizarre Australian film called "The Mule" about a heroin smuggler.
Absurdly unrealistic, but highly effective, drama.
(Supposedly based on a true story?!?)
Unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Co-stars: Hugo Weaving.

3/5

barton fink... hudsucker proxy

^My two favorite Coen Brother's films.

R100

Ruthless dominatrixes pursue a mild-mannered salesman who wants to get out of his unbreakable contract with a secret bondage club.

japanese film, starring "ichi" from ichi the killer. highly recommend if you like japanese cinema like sion sono, takashi miike.

trailer

Unbroken

8/10

I like pow movies and survival themes this was a really directed movie by Angelina Jolie

Also rewatched snow town murders and holy shit what a disturbing well acted depressing movie

Big Hero 6

Starts off fantastic. Very cute and funny. Like My Neighbor Totoro.
About half way through, it turns into a generic super hero movie.
Expect long, dull battle sequences towards the climax.

Definitely above average for a big-budget animation.
But it's no Toy Story / Monsters Inc. / Aladdin.

(There's a lot of anorexic chicks in animations, these days.)

3/5

St. Vincent

Bill Murray is so likeable, especially when he's playing an asshole.
The entire theater remained seated until the end of the closing credits.
(As Murray sings "Isis", by Bob Dylan, while watering his dirt patch.)

3.5/5

Saw a bizarre Australian film called "The Mule" about a heroin smuggler.
Absurdly unrealistic, but highly effective, drama.
(Supposedly based on a true story?!?)
Unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Co-stars: Hugo Weaving.

3/5

Cool, I hadn't heard of this before, but I will try and watch it tonight.

This was partially inspired by a true story. Were you at all familiar with it before picking up the script?

Angus Sampson: The bit that I guess inspired it all was somebody had been arrested and refusing to go to the toilet was his only defense. In his defense, he would put the pellets back in his bum because you can’t stop your digestive system. The gastroenterologist that we went and saw [while we were doing research said], “There’s no way that guy could have lasted that long.”‎ But ‎sure enough, when we did more research [we learned] the pellets were coming out and he was putting them back in his bum. He’d wake up and they would come out. Jaime had learned about this incredible incident that ended up lasting 22 days in New Zealand and that was the jumping off point. Leigh loved the idea of the human being the ticking time bomb.

http://moveablefest.com/moveable_fest/2014/03/mule-leigh-whannell-angus-sampson.html

Edit - I watched it last night, and being Australian myself I really enjoyed it. 3.5/5 thanks for mentioning it!

Last edited:
birdman. amazing. dunno the last time i saw michael keaton act, heck the entire cast was amazing. love the commentary on the film industry, celebrity... art. can't wait to see it again.

Born on the 4th of July

Such a beautiful movie. Made me cry.
One of the best Vietnam flicks ever.
The best Oliver Stone film.

If anybody thinks Tom Cruise is a bad actor, I encourage you to watch this film.
The Mexico segment with Willem Dafoe is amazing.

5/5

birdman. amazing. dunno the last time i saw michael keaton act, heck the entire cast was amazing. love the commentary on the film industry, celebrity... art. can't wait to see it again.

seconded. i loved everything about it, the psychic powers that have no purpose, the note on his mirror that said "A thing is a thing, not what is said of that thing", and to see edward norton in such a role.

everyone needs to watch it!

Mystic River 4/5
Highly entertaining movie that suffers from being a little dialogue heavy. That said it has a great cast and a nice ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.